Author Topic: tote for sled  (Read 1535 times)

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
tote for sled
« on: Sep 20, 2019, 02:26 PM »
Just ordered a 68 quart plano tote for storing stuff in my sled. Hoping it will work good. What other totes do you guys use? Any ideas or suggestions? Looking to store like my tackle bag, heater, extra gloves, propane, etc. Tired of just throwing stuff in my sled and having it rolling around or blowing away. Can also use this one as a seat since it is sturdy.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: tote for sled
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2019, 03:18 PM »
I use milk crates for my electronics and drill/batteries.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2019, 03:25 PM »
Wow gonna be tough to fit that 68 quart in my little backpack!

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2019, 04:34 PM »
I ended out buying  the frabill storage trunk with cusion.. the thing is complete junk it's soft and  buckles under light weight..  i don't recomend it just a heads up ..

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2019, 07:24 PM »
I gave in and bought the Dewalt tough tote 63 gal it says...I kind of at times want to sit on the box or just have stuff strapped to the top and it has the strap bars for that.  Hopefully it will work out.  I may have to go back and use the rubber maid rolling trash can.  I know that works, just that people think it's for trash and there's my stuff in it.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2019, 07:39 PM »
I mounted a seat out of my Yukon onto a cooler last year for that purpose, for using in my one man shapell.....worked ok, but was a little less than stable and a bit too tall.....so I am going to get a tote and mount a seat to it.....ive got a couple of ideas for a 'mountable' seat on it...time to start tinkering with that I guess.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2019, 07:59 AM »
Just ordered a 68 quart plano tote for storing stuff in my sled. Hoping it will work good. What other totes do you guys use? Any ideas or suggestions? Looking to store like my tackle bag, heater, extra gloves, propane, etc. Tired of just throwing stuff in my sled and having it rolling around or blowing away. Can also use this one as a seat since it is sturdy.

I assume it's the Sportsmans Trunk? I have two of those and one of the smaller one. One of the 68 quarts has become a trunk on my sled that holds the bait and my auger and a chisel. It's pretty custom and installs with quick release mounts on my Ski Donkey:

I also got the small that I use for a camp kitchen box. I camp a lot all year including in my shanty all winter so I needed something modular for the stove, coffee pot, a pan, cookware and eating irons- etc:
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2019, 11:42 AM »
Alays something like this?

https://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-8-Gallon-Rubber-Maid-Action-Packer-Baja-Bins_p_35.html

I like these rubber maid bins better off roaders can't be wrong on tuff?

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2019, 12:04 PM »

https://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-8-Gallon-Rubber-Maid-Action-Packer-Baja-Bins_p_35.html

Boy those look nice. I'm too cheap though to fork out that much. ha.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2019, 12:12 PM »

The Action Packers are great as well but they are too heavy and since they are double walled they hold less gear. The upside is they offer more protection for your stuff.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2019, 02:40 PM »
Boy those look nice. I'm too cheap though to fork out that much. ha.

Action packers I think are around $40 for the 24 gallon and I think $35 for the 35 gallon?  not sure cause prices fluctuate so much easiest to pick up in store if you can find instead of shipping .. the link I left is a stacking system that mates to the 8 gallon action packer.. that costs $150 wich could be cool for snowmachines?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.