The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Manistee County Fishing Report  (Read 14438 times)

Offline Grunt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Manistee County Fishing Report
« Reply #60 on: Mar 09, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Heading up Friday morning  ;D

Offline Sliver Sidejob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Mar 14, 2011, 07:22 AM »
There was good ice with 2" of snow. The state launch is a little tricky but it fine at the city launch. The wind was unreal it made it tough. Nothing but dinks all day. Time to put it all alway and start on steel.

Offline Grunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Mar 14, 2011, 10:44 PM »
Friday we fished in front of the camp the last couple hours before dark. We stayed out a little from the main group in about 14 - 15 fow and ended up with 10 jumbos between 2 of us.

Sat. morning we got rained on and then the wind really blew but we did pretty good and ended up with 35 between 11 and 13 1/2"

Sunday morning we fished the same spot a couple hours before heading home and caught 14 more and my buddy caught one that went 14 1/2"

Both Sat. and Sun. we fished just off the west side of the north point .We walked on from the state launch.

Most of the guys we talked to didn't seem to be doing too good, the only thing I could see that we were doing differently was that we were using small moonglow jigs and spikes, tight lining and hole hopping. I tried minnows for awhile on one of my other rods just because I was getting tired of catching so many 4" -5" dinks but my buddy was catching more good ones than me so I switched back. We had to add a split shot because of the wind-it was pretty bad all weekend.

Next weekend ought to be great if the shoreline holds up !

Offline Grunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Mar 18, 2011, 02:02 PM »
Anybody know what the ice conditions are like on Portage ?

Offline Sliver Sidejob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Mar 23, 2011, 12:05 PM »
I will be up there this weekend. I hope not to be on the ice. Chase some steel & troll the mouth. Might drive by Portage on Sat if the report is a good one.

Offline Sliver Sidejob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Mar 28, 2011, 02:34 PM »
Still like winter up there. Making ice all weekend long. 4"-6" of icy snow. Did not ice fish though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.