Author Topic: Bantam  (Read 915 times)

Offline roofman

• IceShanty Rookie
Bantam
« on: Jan 25, 2024, 07:21 AM »
Hello everyone!I know that people were fishing Bantam last weekend on 4"of ice in most areas.If anyone is been there recently and is willing to get us an update ,it would be appreciated.
 :tipup:

Offline BDailey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bantam
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2024, 10:22 AM »
Not sure where those who found 4” ice there but I was fishing there Monday. Right off the launch there was 3”- 3.5”.
I spudded out east about 100 yards and  was putting my spud through with one hit, which was less than 2”. I back tracked to the launch and ventured out while checking ice thickness and found 3” of solid clear ice to the west maybe 50 yards offshore and setup my spread  within the area I found to be safe which was aprox 1.5-2 acre area.

Definitely need to check the thickness every step you take out there it was inconsistent all over.
 I watched 4 guys walk out with gear shoulder to shoulder with no safety gear, no spud not even studs for their boots. Just walked right on and walked 100 yard off my farthest tipup towards a point where I measured less than 2” earlier in the am. Unreal.

I yelled over to them to be cautious but they could care less and kept walking.
Luckily and suprised no one took a dip.

That being said, it will most likely NOT be safe after this warm and rainy weather.

Hopefully we get another big cold front in February for a while 🤞🏼
“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
“A spudbar is your best friend.”

Offline roofman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bantam
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2024, 06:01 PM »
Thank You for the info.I was there Sunday but i did not have the balls to get on it.If i don t feel it s safe i won t fish.A guy that was already set up measured 4" in the closest hole,but he also said that thickness varies.So i guess i ll wait till the next cold snap.Tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.