Author Topic: Someone Went In  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Rooster18

• Team IceShanty Regular
Someone Went In
« on: Jan 20, 2024, 06:11 PM »
I stopped at B&J’s in Plainfield this evening to pick up more bait for tomorrow and they mentioned that someone went through the ice today in Griswold.  They didn’t know which pond though.  I’m wondering if it might have been in one of the bays on Pachaug.  I live in Griswold and know the ice around here and only found one safe 10 acre spot with a good 3” yesterday.  We’ve been fishing north.  Does anyone know who went in and if they are ok? 

Also, B&J’s is almost out of bait for now.  We love their bait!  We picked up the last of their medium to get us through tomorrow.  They still have plenty of pike size though.

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Someone Went In
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2024, 07:01 PM »
I checked Ashland on Friday after work and there was only about 1.5". Not even enough to really get away from shore to spud around. Can't imagine Pachaug was any better so I'm heading elsewhere tomorrow. I hope everyone is OK.

Offline Rooster18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2024, 08:41 PM »
I didn’t check Ashland but stopped by Billings to take a look.  50% of billings was open but there were people skating by the launch.  Young kids were out there too.  I’m hoping to find out where the person went in and hope they are ok.  We will be up fishing in Easton tomorrow.  Had around 4 inches their and plenty of company today.

Offline Rooster18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2024, 08:46 PM »
Today was mostly a scouting trip but spent a couple hours on a pond in Easton mid afternoon.  Checked 7 spots before we finally settled there.  Was slow but managed a few average fish.  Tomorrow we will be drilling holes early!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.