The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Muskegon  (Read 2058 times)

Offline edwards8300

• IceShanty Rookie
Muskegon
« on: Jan 18, 2022, 09:52 PM »
Can anyone tell me how the ice is on Muskegon lake? Me and a buddy grew up fishing Muskegon and want to meet. Up there Saturday, was hoping to get out on 2nd st.

Offline SpartySturg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Muskegon
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2022, 01:01 PM »
2nd street has been good for 2 weeks or so.
Good luck

Offline Shepbc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2022, 12:49 PM »
I fished Muskegon Lake off of 2nd street today in 25 feet of water and never had a hit.  Tried a tip up with a golden shiner, a dead stick with a bobber and golden shinner and jigged with acme rattle minnows, swedish pimples and a few other lures.  Never saw anyone cactch a fish.  I spoke to a couple other guys and they didn't do anything either.  The only one that said he get any was a guy fishing deep like over 35 feet that said he picked up a few perch on wigglers.

Offline greenl41

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2022, 08:43 PM »
Fished 2/6 from about 3 til well after dark and had the same result. Didn’t talk to anyone who caught anything either.  Caught this 29” pig the previous week though.  If I’m only going to catch one fish in 2 days on the lake I’ll take that one lol.  Both times near second street in 28-32ft.

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2022, 09:29 AM »
Nice fish

Offline edwards8300

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2022, 08:30 AM »
We ended up fishing that Saturday but the wind was absolutely brutal. Tried going west off second st and you couldn't walk into the wind. We got the hub set up and that was it, no moving. No tip ups. Slow perch bite.
Going to head back this weekend. Just got a Eskimo Outbreak 650 and might make a weekend out of it.

Offline Shepbc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2022, 06:36 AM »
Fished on the North Muskegon side Muskegon Lake off of 2nd street again on Sunday.  Fished in 23 feet of water and never had a bite on any of my jigging lures, dead stick or tip up.  Spoke with a few other fisherman and they said the same thing - fishing was very slow, can't understand where the fish are, we fished near the river mouth and still nothing!  I saw about a dozen tip ups around me and never saw a flag.  Never even marked a fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.