Author Topic: whats the best way?  (Read 3750 times)

ryfisher

whats the best way?
« on: Jan 16, 2003, 05:36 AM »
i fish on a flat that is about 16 feet deep and on a sunken barge. every once in a while we catch some like 15-16 inch perch off tip-ups. what should i use to jig for these. and should i fish the flat or the weed edge? i have a couple sweedish pimples that have never been used. let me know soon. wanna get some this weekend!!

thanx
ry

Offline waterwolfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • whoolNutBalls
Re: whats the best way?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2003, 12:15 PM »
fish them just like you would small ones but maybe use a little bigger minnow good luck

schrems_20009_2003

whats the best way?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2003, 03:15 AM »
Ice Fishing in West Branch Michigan is, In my eyes slow caught a few here and there but for the most part slow.  I use a tip-up for pike with grubs or meal worms that seems to be the best for me. My dad always told me that the size of the minnow gets the size of the fish. Enjoy fighing fellea's

Offline JT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat Fish Hunt Tattoo
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2003, 03:34 PM »
I'd continue using your tip-ups if I was catching 15+ jumbos.
Iwas out fishing 4 guys today who were jigging. I was the only one icing perch. By bouncing around and jigging your tip-ups you can cover more water, and lose less fish with #14-#22 trebles and 4lb test. Gotta love your jumbos! :'( :'( :'(

JT
myspace.com/tat2byjt

PerchBusterSD

« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2003, 06:28 AM »
If you catch a perch on your tipup pull in your fish and get your jiggin rod down that hole. Perch travel in schools and by size so you may end up banging a few more out of that hole

WarrenA

« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2003, 07:58 AM »
like a previous post said if you get a jumbo on a tip up drop your rod down that hole and get a few more perch are attracted to the flash of the belly when they are hooked. Nothing better than perch for dinner.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.