Author Topic: Shappell 3000dx  (Read 1509 times)

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Shappell 3000dx
« on: Nov 17, 2003, 07:35 AM »
#1 Anyone have concerns about this great windows breaking in severe cold?
#2 I have tried my zodi heater,for same,...has -/+ s    So I did a big modification,..I'm sure these are not for everyone BUT to those that don't like to breath the air and all that moisture in a regular tent (like Mr Buddy, Paulin  etc of which I have ) heaters these may be good. To ME its worth it,.. but I had to put the whole unit in a can, needs a battery so I set it up to quick connect a battery, the hoses ect,.if anyone is interesterd I can tell you how "I" did it,..(it does require more space/wt,..but again...I like the ir from it (also the fan is noisy,..I figure out how to make it much quieter,..

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
Re:Shappell 3000dx
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2003, 07:47 AM »
I've had a 3000DX for 3 years now and have fished with it in sub zero conditions without a problem.

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2003, 08:34 AM »
I have the 3000 dx and have had zero problems. Last winter we had a few overnight trips to Higgins Lake for smelt. Between the cold and the wind chill it hit -18 to -20 below and she unfolded and folded up nicely. Even had a few days of freezing rain with no problems. Windows still look like new after two years of hard use.

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2003, 09:26 AM »
Bought mine last year and have fished in sub zero and in rain without problems. I also stuck 3 strips of velcro on my center pieces that break down so they stick to the carpet when you break down the shanty. Less chance of them sliding out when moving it. :'(

Offline Hoppes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2021 Hardwater - Another Maine Super Season
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2003, 05:35 PM »
BJ, good suggestion putting velcro on center stiffeners on the Shappell.  I've almost lost em a couple times, usually tie them together and lay in the floor.  Will go to Wally World and pick up some velcro this week.  
Hoppes
Hunting and fishing!  God's gift to mankind
Strike master 40 V Electric
Otter Insulated
2019 Ski Doo Expedition
Jack Traps

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.