Author Topic: New Portable Shanty Anchor from Strikemaster!  (Read 2502 times)

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
New Portable Shanty Anchor from Strikemaster!
« on: Oct 29, 2003, 06:07 AM »
Strikemaster is making a shanty anchor this year for portables on windy days. It expands in a hole you cut (with an auger) and locks in place, keeps your shanty from taking off on those windy days (and when you have real slick ice) Could have used one last year when I went drag racing in my shanty across a cove and cut my hand open. Cabelas has them in stock for $24.99, and Strikemaster has them on there online site. Just ordered one. I put a pic below so you can see what they look like. There called Ice Loks. If the pic dosnt work here is a link:http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0023124118235a&navAction=jump&navCount=0&indexId=&podId=0023124&catalogCode=UD&parentId=&parentType=&rid=&cmCat=search&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fitem-link.jhtml.2_A&_DAV=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcontent%2FPod%2F02%2F31%2F24%2Fp023124ii01.jpg&hasJS=true

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:New Portable Shanty Anchor from Strikemaster!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2003, 06:22 AM »
Instead of buying these at $25 a pop, I would just drill 2 holes behind my hut - attach my anchor rope in the middle of a 12" piece of angle metal or conduit pipe and throw it down the hole, then pull it tight against the bottom of the hole. Just make sure you have strong rope so it doesn't get cut against the top edge of the hole. You can make a pair of these for about $5 and will work just as well in my opinion.
Ken                                          

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2003, 08:21 AM »

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2003, 08:44 PM »
I do the same as Bean, but I use a 2X2 wood, push it into the hole with the ice skimmer or any pole. Another thing to do is tie a lenght of parachute cord (or any light rope) to one end. When you leave pull on the cord to get it out, before I did this it was hard to get it to untoggle.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.