Author Topic: Re:three person pop up hut  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
Re:three person pop up hut
« on: Sep 24, 2003, 11:52 AM »
   Hi Gang ;D<
   Its Da_Roc here. I am needing information about  ice huts.  I am looking for a new hut and dont really like the one man clam so what three person pop up hut would you all recomend.  
  Second question what fish finder will operate thru the ice and still be able to operate in temps below 15 degrees.  I used a vex 8 and found it to not work as well as otheres describe .
  Third  I need to find a GPS unit that will work in the cold . I plan on attending every tournament I can find this winter  In  Indiana, Wisconson, and  Michigan.  I need to be able to find my way on foreign lakes.   Ill liscense is to much for my blood.
   Fourth have any of you come up with a rod holder that wont get taken away by a big fish I lost three rods and reels last year to monster fish?
     Five what is the best tip up for night fishing  thats when i usually go?
  As usual I am asking the best of the best for help  pre Ice fishing season.  Want to be ready for our October Ice in in Indiana. Ha Ha!!!!    
  Last If any of you want to come and hit my hot spots with me  let me know.  I can be reached @  [email protected]  Just E-mail me
   Bye Gang Waiting to hear from ya!

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2003, 12:01 PM »
you can check out the clam 6800. it is huge but also very pricey. about $500.00.
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2003, 12:31 PM »
I have some rod holders that clip onto five gallon buckets. They work kindof like a rod holder on a boat. Look for those.

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2003, 03:17 PM »
  It's called the Rock-N-Reel.

By, TONY B by chance?

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2003, 03:31 PM »
Da-Rock
  Keep your eyes open in the very near future for a new and most convenient, servicable, durable rod stand on the market.
   It's called the Rock-N-Reel.
It comes in two configurations. One is a stand alone model which sits directly on the ice next to your hole and the other is a bucket or tub ount that attaches right to the outside of your shanties or buckets.
    It's a dead stick fishermans dream (especially for crappie and walleye) and it will keep your rod from sliding down the hole should a monster grab your bait/jig.
   Get ready for the best new rod stand to hit the ice scene in the very near future.
  It's been tried tested and proven to be a winner over the past 4 years that it's been out in the test markets.
  More info later.
 Thank you for the suggestion the new stand sounds great!
  Who is marketing it????  Or which store is it in yet??

Offline nunzio

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love a day on the ice!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2003, 09:55 PM »
I seen these at the Ice Show in Minneapolis last year. Very slick set up, I'll be getting a couple as soon as they are availible.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2003, 11:29 PM »
I think TONY B. has stock interest in the "Rock-n-Reel"...

Offline nunzio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 02, 2003, 04:17 PM »
 ??? Jeez, a guy gives his insite on a new piece of ice gear and thinks so much of he would like to set up possible distribution and ends up with the "fish eye".
This piece of equipment is so ingenuious you'll kick yourself for not thinking of it. Light biters as well as fish taking the bait and rising are all detected.

I'm not trying to hack on anybody, it's just that this device is amazing.
I can't wait.

Offline nunzio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2003, 09:24 PM »
Da_Roc; ::) Too bad your questions got the hot biscuit treatment.
1)We usually use home-made fold ups, make them so we can pull up to  3 at a time with wheeler or sled... not much experience with the store boughts. Otter, Frabill, Polar Sport, Eskimo and USL all make pop ups of different sizes.
2)My buddy has the Vex 8 and I have the 18. We use either or, with a little water poured on the ice, to read the depth before drilling.... works fine for us. Make sure your battery is always charged. Not sure of the problem here?
3)I have a Magellan Sport Trax, the base model with no mapping.... I keep mine inside my jacket along with my spare batteries (while not in use), keeping it warms helps.
4)Rock-n-Reel
5)Strike Sensor makes a electronic/ beeper device for tip-ups. Heard of a few others but don't use tip-ups much.
Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.