Author Topic: Bravo Cooling Help  (Read 1054 times)

Offline yukon_guy

• IceShanty Rookie
Bravo Cooling Help
« on: Feb 24, 2012, 09:58 AM »
I don't expect any sympathy on this one ... 12 inches of ice, lakers biting and daytime highs above freezing. But I'm concerned about how hot the Bravo is running. The air coming out the lower left side vent gets too hot to hold my hand in. All the vents are open and the headlight is coming out next.

Any other things you guys do to keep the little beasts cool? How hot is too hot?

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bravo Cooling Help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Go faster, more air flow!!

You can get a digital temp gauge that goes on the plug from trail tech if you're worried about overheating. 

How we'll is the fan working?? Is the belt slipping?

Offline dakmatik

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2012, 04:59 AM »
I'd say keep the machine moving if it's running and avoid prolonged idling.  Check that your air passages around the motor are not blocked by mice nests or something. 

luv2fish2

« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2012, 01:26 PM »
pull the plug ck the color see if it's running lean (white or light gray) should be tan to brown in color on the tip sounds like it might be on the lean side it'll run hot and burn down the moter if it's to lean . it's fan cooled shouldn't run that hot unless you let it idle or run hard in warm weather

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:31 PM »
Try taking the hood off it.... We run our mountain machines with the hoods off in May/June and it HELPS

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2013, 04:26 AM »
As stated earlier, Avoid excess idling and make sure fan is working properly and air is moving. Check belt. Take covers off engine and make sure cooling fins are clean and free of debris. Critters like to hide thing there in summer. Taking headlight out and removing mounting hardware will make a hole for more air. 2 cycle engines will feel "groggy" when they get too warm. It will tell you long before you cause any permanent damage.  Good luck with her.  Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.