New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1024642 times)

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #3090 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:49 AM »

Got back on Oneida yesterday and had a great afternoon. I fished from 2 until 6 and wound up landing 7 keeper eyes , 1 17" smallmouth , and a lone perch. Some of the eyes were in 24', and some were in under 20' of water to about about 17'.
Lots of uninterested fish, but there were enough takers to make it a great trip.
Top was a little soft with a few small slush spots, but the drag out and back in wasn't to bad for this old guy.

Great job on all the fish guy's.

(sorry about the small picture, ..I am using imgur and can't figure out how to get a bigger picture)
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #3091 on: Mar 14, 2019, 08:13 AM »
Steve, where is your machine??
Wayne W.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3092 on: Mar 14, 2019, 08:48 AM »
Home here...not running >:(
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3093 on: Mar 14, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Thanks Bruce!

Steve, anytime you need a lift out or back to shore shoot me a pm! Glad you found some biters 😁
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3094 on: Mar 14, 2019, 09:46 AM »
I have not seen a gashole all year. Found these 2 this morning very close to each other. I added them to the list of coordinates on the 1st page of the gashole thread.

This is why I like running a sled! I didn’t see the first one until it was too late. I hit the gas a bit and rolled right over it.

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3095 on: Mar 14, 2019, 10:57 AM »
Yikes....that could wreck your day!!  Close call reeleyz.                                                   I hit the perch hole this am and they were biting good early.  They got stubborn late am . Got a limit and a bonus eye. Lost another eye at the hole. Beautiful spring day!!!  Geese everywhere, nice and warm.  Top was getting pretty wet and slushy on way in.  Saw sleds and wheelers out.  If we make it threw tomms warmth we have a nice little cold stretch coming.

Offline riot609

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Never leave fish to find fish!
« Reply #3096 on: Mar 14, 2019, 02:41 PM »
Yikes....that could wreck your day!!  Close call reeleyz
Wreck more than just a day!

I have a set of 13’ pontoons with two aluminum I beams overhead between them for lifting wheelers/sleds up thru the ice and a decent camera for locating and hooking them if anyone on Oneida finds a need for this PM me successfuly recoverd many sleds over the years
“You never really know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks”

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3097 on: Mar 14, 2019, 04:10 PM »
Damn Bruce! Glad you made out ok. That’s scary stuff.

Nice job fishshack!

I got out for couple hours midday today. One perch at the first spot then headed over to share some ice with pimple pounder, his son, and his father. Very nice meeting you Bill. Look forward to fishing with ya again man. Ride in was rough. Really slushy with the sled and my gear was buried in slush by the time I got to shore. Looking forward to some perch fishing next week.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3098 on: Mar 14, 2019, 04:20 PM »
 Well I got my butt handed to me , got just enough perch for a good meal
 Worst day ive had all season , hopefully next time will be better

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3099 on: Mar 14, 2019, 05:06 PM »
Great job fishshack!

Fred there is still plenty of time to payback those little stripers!  >:D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3100 on: Mar 14, 2019, 05:57 PM »
Great job fishshack!

Fred there is still plenty of time to payback those little stripers!  >:D
Thanks Bruce , your right

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3101 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:07 PM »
got a imit today they inhaled it with eight yellows to boot not bad for the day!!!

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3102 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:14 PM »
Hey fred grab the waders for tomorrow shes pretty wet!!!

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3103 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:21 PM »
2 eyes and a handful perch today,it's been a hard season for me. Off to Florida for a couple of weeks

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3104 on: Mar 14, 2019, 08:27 PM »
I had the same problem Freddy. Today was my worst day all year too. I had an area with fish and decided to get creative and try somewhere else,  that was a bad idea, just one eye and one perch for the afternoon. 

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3105 on: Mar 14, 2019, 10:06 PM »
Deadeyez glad you could join us this AM nice sharing some ice with ya...ended the day with 130 perch and 5 of dropped eyes at the whole between my father son and a buddy of mine. That last eye I dropped was a slob my rap almost took my eye out great on the ice wife called me this afternoon to say hi said it was 73 in Rochester don't think it got close to that on the ice I never took my hood off

Offline LP Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3106 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:51 AM »
Go get em Billy!

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3107 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:20 AM »
Thanks Bruce!

Steve, anytime you need a lift out or back to shore shoot me a pm! Glad you found some biters 😁
Thanks for that offer Bobby DeadEyez...been fishing south shore.. I hope to get my sled situation worked out .
I fished for a few hours again yesterday..., much slower and all short fish .... super wet and sloppy walking in.
BTW, congrats Deadeyez on all the walleyes you have caught this season on Oneida !

Nice job on those perch fishshack,pp

Offline steinea286

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3108 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:35 AM »
Fished yesterday from 6:30-3:00 yesterday. Never had caught a keeper eye through the ice and tried my luck. Marked a ton of fish until about 8:00am and caught finally hooked up with an 18incher. The bite died down and I found a hot hole for about 30 minutes where I picked up 6 perch and 2 another 19" eye. Then it became a grind....Was a fun trip out there for only my second one and pretty rewarding none the less. I look forward to exploring more in the future! Top was really wet coming off and I can imagine its worse today. Cold nights coming up should keep the perch fisherman happy!

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3109 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:42 AM »
Great job guys.

You have got some cleaning to do PP!

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3110 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:52 AM »
I have not seen a gashole all year. Found these 2 this morning very close to each other. I added them to the list of coordinates on the 1st page of the gashole thread.

This is why I like running a sled! I didn’t see the first one until it was too late. I hit the gas a bit and rolled right over it.

Glad you did not get stuck or wet reeleyz !
That would have messed up an amazing season you have had...limit after limit after limit !
Thanks for posting the pics and info. on those gas holes.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3111 on: Mar 15, 2019, 07:01 AM »

lots of issues with my laptop and also posting pictures...this is a test with a picture from Wed.
 First post of this same picture yesterday was to tiny and does not enlarge when clicked on..Now this post same picture is to big...I give up ....using imgur tried everything... can anybody using imgur  let me know how do get a normal sized picture onto ice shanty ?

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3112 on: Mar 15, 2019, 07:48 AM »
It's not bad choo choo..nice and clear nice super you got there..I use my phone all the time so it's nice on here..👍👍

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3113 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:01 AM »
Looks good choo choo.  :thumbsup:

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3114 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:20 AM »
Great picture and limit Choo Choo. I was out Wednesday from 11 am until dark. Nice day but could not find hungry willing fish.

If folks are out today and having trouble finding active eyes you might want to try shallower water. 17 to 24 ft is where I should have focused instead of the 28 to 34 ft range. People I talked to reported better luck shallow.
I am done for this season. Good luck.

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3115 on: Mar 15, 2019, 09:32 AM »
Nice work on the fish fellas!!   Good luck to anybody who gets out for the last hurrah on the eyes today!!

Offline Wheeler0str

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3116 on: Mar 15, 2019, 12:38 PM »

Could use a spot for walleye instead of perch.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3117 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:34 PM »

Great job everyone
 I fished a new area today and found some tanker perch , hope the hold for another go tomorrow

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3118 on: Mar 15, 2019, 07:06 PM »
You’ve had a couple slow days Freddie....they’ll pay if they show up tomorrow! 😈 See you in the morning!
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3119 on: Mar 15, 2019, 07:32 PM »
Was gonna chase eyes this morning cause the fat lady was singing but with the perch bite we had I went back again we found and we got on them ended the day with another 100 plus fish some real slobs travel was very good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.