Author Topic: Ice fishing Jamestown area.  (Read 1143 times)

Offline tightline3

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Personal Best Perch-1lb.5oz.-14"-2/22/10
Ice fishing Jamestown area.
« on: Jan 13, 2010, 10:05 PM »
Hello R.I. hardwater nuts.
I'm a N.Y. hardwater nut. I have a small summer bungalow on the No. end of Jamestown and was looking for a few places to try some R.I. ice waters. Can I get a good map off the web that shows legal ice fishing lakes and ponds. I plan on spending a week or more there this month.  Would love to try some places where spending 2 or 3 days to learn a lake that might pay off well. Any links would help.Can I buy a state license on line? And do you guys use salt water Killies in fresh water or is that not leagal. I do plan on checking the rules and reg's.

Thanks for any help

Offline scrounger

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice fishing Jamestown area.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2010, 10:33 PM »
what are you interested in catching?  so we have an idea where to point you.

Offline mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2010, 07:16 AM »
Hello R.I. hardwater nuts.
I'm a N.Y. hardwater nut. I have a small summer bungalow on the No. end of Jamestown and was looking for a few places to try some R.I. ice waters. Can I get a good map off the web that shows legal ice fishing lakes and ponds. I plan on spending a week or more there this month.  Would love to try some places where spending 2 or 3 days to learn a lake that might pay off well. Any links would help.Can I buy a state license on line? And do you guys use salt water Killies in fresh water or is that not leagal. I do plan on checking the rules and reg's.

Thanks for any help
you can buy your licence online. what are killies?

Offline Two Bobs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:03 AM »
Do you want a lot of action on bass and pike,Or take a chance on pike over 20 lbs with slower action.
 ???

Offline scrounger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:09 PM »
killies are mummies

Offline mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:14 PM »
killies are mummies
oh ok thanks

Offline tightline02917

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:19 PM »
tightline3............ .......tightline02917 lets square up on the ive ... >:(

Offline tightline02917

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2010, 10:14 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(?

Offline tightline3

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Personal Best Perch-1lb.5oz.-14"-2/22/10
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I would be into a lake that would have a good population of pan fish, with the possibilities of Large Mouth, Picks, Pike,Perch,Crappie, or Trout. I love to fish shallow weedy lakes with big Blue Gill in them. My favorite lake at home is a natural lake of only 110 acres,but it has deep water up to 120 feet with large weedy flats and points. It holds everything from Lakers to Pumkinseeds.
Blue Gill, Perch,and Crappie are my top three in that order to fish for. I know I will be driving a while to fish, so I'm looking for places closest to James Town. Any info would help. I have been ice fishing for a steady 10-12 years now and have enquired some toys. I would be fishing with a hand 6" auger. An Eagle LCD fish finder, and a Aquavue Camera(scout).Also wondering about bait rules, Are Wax Worms, Mousies,Spikes etc. OK to use? How about Live Bait(Minnows,Shiners)?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.