Author Topic: Handheld Sonar  (Read 478 times)

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
Handheld Sonar
« on: Nov 13, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Anyone have one of these? You like it? Does it shoot through the ice good?  Do you have to pour water on the ice first? I have a Hawkeye, all the ice/slush has to be out of the hole for it to work good!!! The ice has to be black or clear for it to work too without drilling a hole and that with pouring water on it!!!

gman51

Re: Handheld Sonar
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2013, 08:26 AM »
i have a vexilar LPS-1 handheld, i have had it for years. it works great for first ice for getting quick reads.i can get readings right through the ice without using any water but the ice has to be fairly clear. most of the time i will carry a bottle of water pour some on the ice and get a reading. most handhelds that i know of won't give you a reading if the ice is white. and yeah the holes need to be fairly clear. my auger cleans it out. i mainly use it when i'm punching holes to find dropoffs reach in my pocket, bend down and click i got a reading without shutting down my auger. i mainly fish by myself so its really handy that way. it puts me on my spot quick. its been a great tool.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.