New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1345132 times)

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1740 on: Jan 09, 2014, 08:36 PM »
nice fish ALL!!  I have Lake Envy now...Barebow

Offline tankdelivers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1741 on: Jan 09, 2014, 10:33 PM »
I'll be out MDB in the am till 2 ish. Finally gonna give laker jigging a whirl..Thanks to whoever go the Slayer into it.  Now lil bro's gotta follow suit..lol

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #1742 on: Jan 09, 2014, 10:34 PM »
             Thanks everyone, I know that they weren't the biggest fish but any fish is always fun to catch. I'll be out again tomorrow till noon and I hope I have some more fish to post about. Good luck out there and be safe. ;D

Nice job Jeff, Marcum should be here tomorrow, hopefully make it down soon, ill get a hold of you
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1743 on: Jan 10, 2014, 04:00 AM »
You going Saturday Jeff?
             I don't like fishing in the rain, unless I'm already out when it starts. I'm going to Vt. to see my girlfriend. Did you guys get a lot of Lake effect snow from that wind Tuesday and Wed.?

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1744 on: Jan 10, 2014, 04:35 AM »
Finely enough to get out there.Going out of mdb.Gona rip some lips hope i remember what they feel like.Feel like a kid at xmas. ;D

Offline tankdelivers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1745 on: Jan 10, 2014, 06:52 AM »
I posted this on the conditions board, but figured more people might see it here.
OK Here we go.
Lake George South Basin from MDB North to Canoe island, Including Dunham's,Harris,katskill, and Warner bays is locked up. East side of of Long Island approx 2/3 of the way up the island is frozen over to about Elisabeth island.
From Canoe island north to about Basin bay is open or sketchy.
Basin Bay is locked up and had 6 guys fishing on it as of about 1pm today.
Huddle and Bolton Bays out to Dome island are frozen, but not being fished. Sawmill Bay north to about Bell Point is frozen out to the point of Tongue, then South to Dome. Large open area north and east of Dome and directly east of Dome towards Phelps Island is either open or Sketchy. Pilot Knob is frozen but looks sketchy way out.
Northwest Bay is open in the middle, frozen on either end.
Narrows appear to be locked up but don't know for sure. Narrows North to silver bay(Hulletts Landing) is frozen. Rest of Lake from silver bay to Rogers Rock campground is WIDE open.
I do not know any ice depth. Just reporting what I saw.

Wow, this is a great report. Kudos to you man. Much appreciated!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1746 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:03 AM »
             Thanks everyone, I know that they weren't the biggest fish but any fish is always fun to catch. I'll be out again tomorrow till noon and I hope I have some more fish to post about. Good luck out there and be safe. ;D
Fyi, The spot you guys chatted with us really lit up after you left.  ;) We took another 30 or so in the last 1/2 hour. Nice one's too. Not like the ones you saw in Rick's sled. Cool guy, but after fishing all day and him keeping those dinks. He tells me at the parking lot that he thought I was taking all of the fish. I'll take the meat any day. But, MAN did my knife skills get put to the test!  :P
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1747 on: Jan 10, 2014, 08:00 AM »
             I don't like fishing in the rain, unless I'm already out when it starts. I'm going to Vt. to see my girlfriend. Did you guys get a lot of Lake effect snow from that wind Tuesday and Wed.?
Just a couple of inches of snow.  All the lakes up here have 12+ inches of good ice.

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #1748 on: Jan 10, 2014, 06:19 PM »
Jump start on filling the freezer !!!! Had some help ... Thanks guys !!!!! It's taco time !!!!!!!
*REMOVED*

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1749 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Jump start on filling the freezer !!!! Had some help ... Thanks guys !!!!! It's taco time !!!!!!!

I feel like the pressure is on now, hope you guys enjoy them!  I prefer crunchy but am sure soft would work too.  Just finished a fry.. damn tasty.
I love clipboard man

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #1750 on: Jan 10, 2014, 08:08 PM »
Yup I put a few in the freezer for perch chowda today.. Hoping to make it back up in the morning to grab some more before it rains... Hoping the ice holds up

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #1751 on: Jan 10, 2014, 08:39 PM »
dang nice lakers guys!!
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline tankdelivers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1752 on: Jan 10, 2014, 11:31 PM »
Successful day on MDB. Got a newbie hooked!!  He was pulling his last bait up on our way in at 2:30, turns to me and says "Dude I got a fish on!!"  Freakin out by the hole, I thought he was joking. I grabbed the line...FISH ON, I had to calm him down and had him bring it in. 20 inch Laker first day out on ice on a 2 hr quick gear check trip..lol  He's all in!!  I got skunked....but did I?

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1753 on: Jan 11, 2014, 04:22 AM »
out of mdb.did 4 in an hour then done.they shut right off first morning bite.all nice lakers all very aggressive.it was a blast.silver with pearl and rainbow buckshot. back out in the am. ;D

Offline Bjigging

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1754 on: Jan 11, 2014, 05:05 AM »
We got into some nice lakers also out in front of heartstone camp ground!!  We measured 6 to 7 inches of ice and got 3 keepers many small ones to keep us busy in between flags!!  Fished in about 60 plus foot! ;D. The ice was making noises that was very entertaining!!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1755 on: Jan 11, 2014, 08:21 AM »
Successful day on MDB. Got a newbie hooked!!  He was pulling his last bait up on our way in at 2:30, turns to me and says "Dude I got a fish on!!"  Freakin out by the hole, I thought he was joking. I grabbed the line...FISH ON, I had to calm him down and had him bring it in. 20 inch Laker first day out on ice on a 2 hr quick gear check trip..lol  He's all in!!  I got skunked....but did I?
Well done man! That feeling is just as good or better than catching them on your own.
Who'd you bring out?

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1756 on: Jan 11, 2014, 08:35 AM »
Fyi, The spot you guys chatted with us really lit up after you left.  ;) We took another 30 or so in the last 1/2 hour. Nice one's too. Not like the ones you saw in Rick's sled. Cool guy, but after fishing all day and him keeping those dinks. He tells me at the parking lot that he thought I was taking all of the fish. I'll take the meat any day. But, MAN did my knife skills get put to the test!  :P
              Jon and I w/2 others went there, we hammered the Pumpkinseeds good size to them, the biggest I ever caught out there. Some guy was on the other side of the break and was walking as if to try and cross, so I stopped him, he seemed kind of lost. Some people. ::)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1757 on: Jan 11, 2014, 09:23 AM »
              Jon and I w/2 others went there, we hammered the Pumpkinseeds good size to them, the biggest I ever caught out there. Some guy was on the other side of the break and was walking as if to try and cross, so I stopped him, he seemed kind of lost. Some people. ::)
You may have saved a life with that move man.
Scary to think what could have happened.

Offline drocko17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1758 on: Jan 11, 2014, 09:54 AM »
Anyone know how ice at vets is

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1759 on: Jan 11, 2014, 10:15 AM »
I love clipboard man

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1760 on: Jan 11, 2014, 10:21 AM »
Nice pumpkins!  :clap:

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1761 on: Jan 11, 2014, 10:48 AM »
NICE fatty!!!

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #1762 on: Jan 11, 2014, 10:50 AM »
Nice bunch of Pkns. :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1763 on: Jan 11, 2014, 11:38 AM »
Went out this morning wading through the water (glad I didn't fall down  :P). Caught a limit of perch,a large mouth with a nasty looking tumor and a rock bass (first ever). The perch were definitely on the small side. Six inches of ice with a few inches of water on top.

Offline yellabella

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1764 on: Jan 11, 2014, 11:40 AM »
do you think the ice will hold up good? how bad was the wind?

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #1765 on: Jan 11, 2014, 12:05 PM »
Ice is nasty not I was out only for an hour it was super soft and pretty broken looking tons of cracks and spots where chunks broke and thawed overall it's pretty scary.... I'll keep going for it though

Offline Izayahhh12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1766 on: Jan 11, 2014, 12:10 PM »
Im looking for tips on how to catch lake trout or salmon on lake george thank you
Flags up and tight lines!

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1767 on: Jan 11, 2014, 12:14 PM »
2 years ago  I was fishing way out in the middle of the lake in laker territory in the deep water  . I watched a guy and his 12 year old son drive up the middle of the lake for about two miles  both on separate quads . Over the pressure ridges and cracks ride right up to me and say how thick is the ice  ??? I say really you have your young kid out here and Don't know how thick the ice ? That's just stupid I say . In a few more words . The guy says well we seen u out here so figured it was safe . I'm like yeah its safe right here . but I didn't come  from that direction . So I ask how thick is  that ice over 180 feet of water  you just drove over  for 2 + miles . . He says I don't know that's y we came out here to find out . I'm like don't u think it would be a good ides to check first next time . 

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #1768 on: Jan 11, 2014, 12:25 PM »
Jon ny very nice catch.mmmmm yummy. :clap:

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #1769 on: Jan 11, 2014, 12:35 PM »
Wading in the water hasn't been bad today.   The wind is what stinks after you get soaked.    Laker bite was ok.   I have managed 5 so far with the group getting  10 or so.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.