Author Topic: Quick & Easy SuperBowl Chili  (Read 974 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Quick & Easy SuperBowl Chili
« on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:35 AM »
I posted this receipe to my blog this morning, this is a super easy no measure chili that is perfect for dipping corn-chips

Ingredients:
1lb Ground Beef
l lb Ground Italian Sausage (I use Johnsonville as it is readily available)
1 Jar Salsa (I use Pace as it is my favorite)
2 Cans Aylmer's diced Tomatoes (Spicy or Chili version)
1 Can of Red Kidney Beans
1 Can Black Beans
2 Packs of Club House Chili Powder (1 x Hot, 1 x Mild)
2 Cloves of Garlic
2 Jalapeno Peppers

Ok, as I said, this is quick and easy.. grab your frying pan and fry up the ground beef and the Italian sausage, drain some but not all of the fat and toss the meat into your crock pot.

Open the Jar of Salsa and toss it in with the ground meet. Next toss in the tomatoes.. I like to blend up one of the cans to add some more liquid, but if you like your chili thicker, then dont bother blending.

Mix in the chili power, and both cans of beans. If you like a lot of bean in your chili you can add a 3rd can, but for me.. two is enough.

Last but not least is the Jalapeno and garlic, you can quick chop with your knife, but if you already have the blender out, why not use it and blend them up. (add more of each depending on your own tastes).

Lastly.. add some cracked black pepper and let it stew together for a minimum of 2 hours. Me I like to get in 8 hours so the flavors really blend.

Once ready to serve this chili goes well with a few traditional sides. Obviously cheddar cheese (the older the better) and some bread and butter and the main stays here. But since there is some salsa in this recipe and we are talking about SuperBowl sunday, try it with some corn chips, this nice thick chili stands up well on chips

Offline Bear32

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Quick & Easy SuperBowl Chili
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:43 AM »
  Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try that this weekend.

Offline IceRN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:44 AM »
Thanks for the recipe,I tried it this weekend it was excellent I think I'll back the peppers next time but this is one of the best I've had.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:23 AM »
Glad to hear it, I like mine with that extra kick, but yeah, either back off the peppers, or use 2x packs of standard chili mix instead of the hot one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.