Author Topic: Can Cooker  (Read 1243 times)

Offline BUSCHLITE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Can Cooker
« on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:45 PM »
My wife got me one of these with the bottom rack for Christmas this year. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but looks to be an interesting addition to my cooking arsenal. Anyone here use one yet??

http://www.cancooker.com/

Matt

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Can Cooker
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:32 PM »
i have seen them but never used one. please keep us updated on how it works out.

Offline war eagle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2012, 04:31 PM »
I got one last year for camping...works O.K. can't say I'm crazy about it though. Used it a few times and from my observations you need to use almost twice the amount of liquid in them than the directions state or whatever you're coking will burn and the whole meal has that burnt taste to it. Again maybe it's just me but that's what I've found out  the hard way. Does cook a corned beef in a 1/4 of the time vs  boiling it though. And also spray some Pam or similar product on the entire inside of the can, it had a tendency to burn  things that are touching the sides and it was a S.O.B. to get the veggies off without oiling it first.Good Luck and let me know how you make out,like I said it might just be me and I'm open to tips.

Offline Bear32

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:52 AM »
  That's a new one for me. Let us know how you like it. :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.