Author Topic: Aqua vu Micro Camera Mods and Improvements  (Read 10831 times)

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Aqua vu Micro Camera Mods and Improvements
« on: Jan 28, 2015, 11:01 AM »
I just purchased a Micro 5 w/DVR ...so after looking at some threads for some much needed information on camera placement devices and ideas which were very inspiring I played with mine some . The up/down/horizontal holder is quite fragile/delicate ...and trying to reposition it on the ice is a pain..so after some trial and error ...the results ...a cable tie and a repositioning of the sounder weight .

HORIZONTAL

UPVIEW

DOWNVIEW

I am hoping this helps others and please feel free to add to this post with your Mods ,Devices and Improvements
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Aqua vu Micro Camera Mods and Improvements
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2015, 11:11 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2015, 01:32 PM »
My inspired idea of a camera panner/positioner inspired by dangle

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2015, 04:17 PM »
Well after having my above Mod for the camera positioning for the AV Micro out on the ice today ...it works great ..was able control/position the camera w/o any fuss ..I drilled a hole on the ice where the bottom hoop pole rests and about 18 in from my jigging hole ...great camera view and out of the way ..also used the cable tie set up for a 45 deg down view used a heavier weight then pictured but worked great.

Offline fishook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2015, 11:01 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

From the photos I can't make out what that thing is between the ends of the rod.

Offline fishook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2015, 11:03 AM »

From the photos I can't make out what that thing is between the ends of the rod.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2015, 01:30 PM »
Electrical Alligator clip w/rubber covering the jaws

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2015, 01:26 PM »
OK came up with another MOD from positioning my camera in my Frabill 2 man

a Dollar Store cheap plastic jaws grip and a HD eyebolt/nut

A rubber ball from a child's toy paddle ball set...dollar store item...cut a slit in it using a razor/utility blade

Drill a hole in ice near center of my flip over(move the shelter halfway atop it )... I clamp the jaw to the mid of the sled..lower the camera w/sounder attached add the rubber ball (similar to rubber snubber on your flasher cable to set height)...now I can move the position of my camera (with ease) to see my jigging hole/bait or my dead stick/bait

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2015, 01:24 PM »
Well I got tired of the glare off my  AV Micro 5 ...I have trouble with dealing with glare any way...so I got some universal anti glare screen protector with a smudge proof and matt finish  that fits cellphones, tablets other devices ...makes a difference...will put it through the real test as soon as the sun makes an appearance . Also had enough extra to cut a small piece to cover my Garmin Etrex 20 .

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2015, 02:26 AM »
Marcum Camera Compass
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jun 08, 2015, 07:50 AM »
Some open water modifications

I used a pool pole for searching docks structure etc,

Using a bobber to float across structure ,weed beds drifting

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Jun 27, 2015, 06:42 AM »
Well the pool pole worked great but became cumbersome/awkward  to handle ..so I added a dollar store pool noodle to the last 4 feet of the pole ...helps a lot..just enough buoyancy to make it less tedious to handle ...I also added some Velcro cable ties to the pole to help secure/police the camera cable along with my GoPro jaws mount to the top of the pool pole ...what a great lil add on to the set up .

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Jul 04, 2015, 03:22 PM »
Some pic of my pool pole mod with a GoPro Jaws mount

Added the GoPro Jaws Mount to end of pole then I attach my Aqua Vu Micro unit

Had to drill a hole in the Aqua Vu mount and the attach it to the pole via bolt and wing nut

I added a pool noodle to make it less awkward to handle/control the pole extends appox 12 feet.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Jul 04, 2015, 03:29 PM »
Nice..  That will work...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #14 on: Aug 20, 2015, 03:38 PM »
Aqua Vu has a new "hands free" case for their cameras.  This case fits both the "micro" version and the new 5 inch version of the camera.  I ordered one and just got it yesterday.  Seems to be a good set up.  Here's a video from Aqua Vu of the case in action:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JYKoz5KUn8

There is a strap that goes around your neck and one that goes around your chest.  It basically holds the camera in place right in front of you so you can fish hands free and watch the camera.  I haven't used it fishing yet but trying it out in the living room, it seemed to work as described.  Gives you a sunshade too.  Here's a link to the unit on the Aqua Vu site:  http://www.aquavu.com/Products/Aqua-Vu-New-Underwater-Cameras/Micro-Mobile-Pro-Viewing-Case
Never Stop Never Stopping

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Aug 20, 2015, 03:57 PM »
When I ordered mine last year sometime in November they Rebated a Free Pro View case . They may do the same this year before Black Friday. Works well as a case and for hole hopping .

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 26, 2021, 10:22 AM »
Well the pool pole worked great but became cumbersome/awkward  to handle ..so I added a dollar store pool noodle to the last 4 feet of the pole ...helps a lot..just enough buoyancy to make it less tedious to handle ...I also added some Velcro cable ties to the pole to help secure/police the camera cable along with my GoPro jaws mount to the top of the pool pole ...what a great lil add on to the set up .

Hardwater Diehard - do you use the telescoping pole as depicted on the second video you posted?

Any opinion on it?
Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Dec 26, 2021, 10:36 AM »
Hardwater Diehard - do you use the telescoping pole as depicting the second video you posted?

Any opinion on it?

Not as much as when I first made it ..there are other options for the pole ..some lure/golf ball retrievers may be a be a better option.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.