Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607809 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17670 on: Nov 21, 2019, 09:29 AM »
IW, you are both in our thoughts and prayers...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #17671 on: Nov 21, 2019, 11:27 AM »
Jeff, I am going through the same thing with my wife so I know how it is. Sorry and I hope it all works out!
Mike
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17672 on: Nov 21, 2019, 07:19 PM »
OS.....sorry to hear that, thoughts and prayers to MrsOS and you.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17673 on: Nov 21, 2019, 07:45 PM »
Ice Wanderer, Thoughts and prayers for both you and your wife.

Old Sailor, Thoughts and prayers to your wife and you.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17674 on: Nov 21, 2019, 08:22 PM »
Prayers out to the IW family and the OS family

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17675 on: Nov 21, 2019, 08:34 PM »
O.S. - I.W. -- Thoughts & Prayers to Both of your families during this time, Have faith
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17676 on: Nov 21, 2019, 10:28 PM »
Good evening not a bad day here dry and seasonal temperature. A few weeks back I posted about the neighboring City of Newburgh having financial problems and possibly needing to lay-off some members from police and fire departments budget vote today in spite of delaying some city projects there will still be layoffs.
Tom Turkey nice of your friend to gift you her deer.
Eddie may the newly poured sidewalks cure correctly. I wonder if there is some "Big" event on the Gov.'s schedule so he wants the paver work completed ASAP.
Hunts2long may things change and you start seeing some deer.
Whopper Stopper sorry the 8 point never came into range. Any plans for one more hunt before the season ends.
Icefisher-45 good to hear the Jeep is now inspected.
Ice Wander/OldSailor prayers for your wives you and your families during this difficult time in your lives.

Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17677 on: Nov 22, 2019, 02:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  40* fairly calm at the moment, some strong winds and rain moving in this am.

Mike...keeping you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers as well, so sorry to read that.
  Steve...honestly not certain what the rush was on the paver job at the Mansion, but that area is complete now. Understand there is another area on the planner, that will have to wait until Spring.  That’s a shame the City couldn’t find other places to cut their spending.

Jeff and Mike....just want you to know you’re all in my thoughts and prayers today, and will be each day.

Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17678 on: Nov 22, 2019, 03:54 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 34* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                           OS..........Prayers goes out to you and your wife, I hope all goes well. :flex:
                           I want to thank everyone for the prayers and thoughts for my wife during this time, it is very much appreciated.  :)

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17679 on: Nov 22, 2019, 04:22 AM »
Good Morning ER's wishing everyone well. I'm going to go visit my daughter this weekend. I found a laser 8 for 20.00 might be able to grab that on the way home. Bait here just got to get off my but and go. Have a good weekend.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17680 on: Nov 22, 2019, 05:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Listening to the news. What has this world become. Our society is very messed up. One of the towns in Mass voted that it was against people’s privacy rights to have to make appointments to buy their pot. This town is also trying to get 16 yr olds to vote. Can’t buy beer, cigarettes or buy a firearm but can vote. My wife is working today on our Anniversary.

Ice Wanderer/Old Sailor, Prayers to both your families in this difficult time.

Old Goat, it has always amazed me that towns and cities that the first thing for layoffs is the first responders. Maybe the people in charge should take pay cuts.

Mason Eddie, you wouldn’t want the governor to suffer. I’m sure they’ll take money from the First responders and teachers budget.

WallyWorld, Hope you have a safe trip to Lake Placid. When does your Grandson’s team play?

Whopper Stopper, Are you going to be going out again? Hopefully you get the 8 pointer. After my Doctors appointment we took Mr Dickens out by my parents house and saw a few deer on conservative land.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to everyone on the water and shoot straight to those in the woods. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17681 on: Nov 22, 2019, 05:18 AM »
Old Goat, Safe travels to your daughters and hope you have a good weekend. That’s a good deal on the laser 8.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17682 on: Nov 22, 2019, 05:57 AM »
38* and light rain, going to get windy this afternoon.

Old Sailor, thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Ice-45, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. I am sure you will have dinner ready for her when she gets home from work.

Eddie, hope you have some luck in the woods this weekend, if you get out. My nephew got the rest of his floor poured this week in his shed he built. My brother said it was about 40 yards.

Taking a day off from the woods today. Still not seeing any deer in the woods but did see some does along the road. Talked to an ECO officer this week. He said the area where I hunt had a lot of bucks taken last year. I would still think there would be some does running around. I am not seeing many of those.
My daughter (Lindsay) had a teachers conference today I Ellenville and the wife went with her. They will be home on Sat.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17683 on: Nov 22, 2019, 06:52 AM »
Morning all,

Last night’s game was a 7-1 loss, hoping for better luck today 😉

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17684 on: Nov 22, 2019, 06:58 AM »
Quick post as I am headed back to do some hunting. The is 99% gone so maybe  the deer have moved back in. Nasty windy. rainy day on the shores of the big lake with high winds and waves. I sounds like anther two places are about to go in the lake.

H2L and Old Sailor My prayers are with you and yours.

Time to it the road.

See ya when I get back.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17685 on: Nov 22, 2019, 09:20 AM »

Good morning again ER's,
                         I went out this morning, I found lots of track and checked my trail cam and this guy showed up, no the hunt is on!

The date and time is off, I'll have to fix that.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17686 on: Nov 22, 2019, 09:24 AM »
Good Luck Jeff, I am taking a snow day
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17687 on: Nov 22, 2019, 11:35 AM »
Good day overcast sky and windy here what few leaves that still remain on the trees are falling temperature dropping from fifty this morning into the forties with rain coming this afternoon. The city of Newburgh approved it's 2020 budget last night a combined total of 29 police and firefighters will be laid off planed construction on a public works dept. building was dropped and city is suspending it's usage of Shot Spotter equipment and program. The current Mayor,council, City Manager and Comptroller all say part of the problem is bad planning and management over the past twenty years i partially agree Mayor and Council member positions are part time hence the City Manger. Over the years the city manager position has been a revolving door at times.
Eddie have a good wrap up to your work week. Best to you and your son's if heading to the woods this weekend.
Ice Wanderer best to you or one of your son's in taking the buck in game camera photo realize you might be staying home to take care of your wife after her surgery.
Old Goat have a safe trip and good time with your daughter. May you get the Lazer auger great price.
IceFisher-45 things definitely have changed over the years now that Marijuana and CBC or is it CDC oil has been found to have some medical benefits state governments and towns are scrambling to get their share of the money being generated by this new market. I'm not sure if the voting age is 18 or 21 here in NY. feel the same way as you about 16 year olds voting . Seems the title from one of Bob Dylan's better know songs is still true today "The Times They are a Changing". Happy Anniversary may you have many more years together.
Hunts2long safe travels to your wife and daughter don't know how much free time they will have or if they are staying over night in Ellenville area. Traveling south on route 209 towards Sullivan county they would come to the village of Wurtsboro (in Sullivan County) if the make a left turn at traffic light by the Stewart's shop and Danny's bar/restaurant you are now on Sullivan Street/main street of the village nice shop called the Cannal Towne Emporium which also has a Christmas items/them shop attached to the building. Building dates to the 1800 hundreds nice place selling various gift items. Danny's is not fancy put food is good does get a little loud at times as one dining area is by the bar.
Wallyworld may your grandson and his teammates  do better in their remaining games. I thought the tournament would be over the weekend so players would not miss to many school days.
Tom Turkey best to you on today's hunt hope the 8 point your after is still hanging around you hunting area.
IFF the weather in Colorado and Rocky Mountains sure does change  a lot may any snow fall not cause you any major problems.

Have a good Friday. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17688 on: Nov 22, 2019, 01:13 PM »
Afternoon ER's.... I would like to thank you for all the prayers and well wishes! We are waiting on some more test results and have an appointment this coming Monday. My wife stood by me through all of my health issues, now it's my turn!
Mike

EDIT--- We just got results back from a test that showed my wife doesn't have the cancer gene, and all they have to do is remove the lump. Not sure yet if there will be any radiation treatment, we should find that out this next week. My daughters and my wife's sister will not have the gene either and can breath a sigh of relief!! I do believe your prayers are working!! :thumbsup: :clap:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17689 on: Nov 22, 2019, 04:41 PM »
Great news OS!!

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17690 on: Nov 22, 2019, 05:14 PM »
Great news OS!!

WS
Thanks Marv!!
Mike (OS)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17691 on: Nov 22, 2019, 10:49 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, My wife got home late so we’ll go to the restaurant where we went to after our wedding this weekend. Picking up the Jeep tomorrow.

Old Sailor that’s great news about your wife and your daughters and your wife’s sister not carrying the cancer gene.

Mr Clean, It’s to bad that cities and towns the first thing they cut is the Emergency services and education. Maybe if they were really for the people they would cut their own paychecks.

WallyWorld, Hope your Grandsons team wins the next game.

IFF, Hope you were able to clear your snow.

Ice Wanderer, Thats a beautiful buck. How is your wife?

Tom Turkey, Good luck with your hunt.

Hunts2long, Hope you got out today. Hope your daughter and wife have a safe trip.

I hope everyone had a great day and they had a good evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17692 on: Nov 23, 2019, 03:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  The winds are still hanging around this am, but are supposed to lay down soon...28* high of 43 today.

I-45...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, have a fine dinner together this evening, enjoy! Great news on the Jeep, I’m sure you must be pretty psyched about picking that up today!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Mike...that is wonderful news, so happy for you all... :bow:
  Jeff...thanks for sharing the picture, that’s a good looking buck! Fingers crossed he’ll show up for you today, good luck!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...wow, that’s a big hit on the police and firefighters!  :cookoo:  Thanks for the good hunting wishes, we’ll see what happens this morning.   :thumbsup:
  Bud...hoping you didn’t have to spend your whole day off doing snow removal....how much snow did you get?
  Wally...best of luck to the team today and hope yesterday’s game was in the win column!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...enjoy your time with your son, best of luck to you both this trip!   :thumbsup:
  H2...thanks, a little better weather today than last weekend...best of luck to you also today! Safe travels to your wife and daughter today!   :thumbsup:

We got a pretty good start on the block work yesterday, they had 3 of us on it laying. It’s been awhile since I’ve done it, was a little rusty, lol, feeling it today.   ;D
  Off to the woods soon...I’m wearing a new hat today for luck under my regular hunting hat. Can’t say what it is as we don’t speak politics here, but it’s camouflage on the front with some bold writing, red, white, and blue on the back, and I’m forbidden to wear it to work...the date 2020 is on it.  :whistle:   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17693 on: Nov 23, 2019, 05:31 AM »
Good morning Eddie, ER's.                                   
          My computer has some issues this morning so I'm trying to do this on my phone.   ::)
          Eddie.........I like the hat, I hope it being a you good luck.
           OS............My wife was positive for cance, but the lump was small, they also took a sample of a limph node to make sure it hadn't spread to that. Good luck to your wife. I too have to take my turn to help her out as much as posible. She did it for me when I had my shoulder surgeries.
             Bud.........I saw on the news about your bad weather, stay safe my friend.
              Wally.......Besy of luck to your grandsons team today, I hope they win.
               I-45.........Happy Anniversary sir.
               I sat from 2:15 till dark, not one deer showed up. I put my other trail cam up to capture the time the deer show up. There is quite a runway these deer are using, I see lots of Beechnut trees and a few Oaks in the area. They are feeding heavily. Hmm!
                I hope every one has a good Saturday either at work or out in the woods.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17694 on: Nov 23, 2019, 06:06 AM »
Morning all,

OS...great news !!

IF45....happy anniversary!!

Eddie/IW/TT.....good luck!!

IFF.... hope the snow wasn’t too bad!!

WS.....did you make the run to the shack??

Yesterday’s game was 3-0 win!!!!!  Pretty exciting stuff!! 2 games on tap today, fingers crossed for a repeat of yesterday!!

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17695 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:56 AM »
24* this morning, up to 29* now. Sat from 6:45 until 9:15, nothing. No shots heard.

OS, glad the test came back OK. The wife had a small lump removed a year or so back. It was in the lung they didn't replace. She gets xrays and scans every 3 months. With no immune system and the meds she is on she has too.

WW, hope the kids do well today.

IW, glad you were able to get out for the afternoon hunt. He will show up.

Eddie, hope the hat does the trick. If it does, I have one just like it and will give it a go.

Mr. Clean, thanks for the info, they went to a Mexican rest. last night, said it was very good.

WS, hope you are out in the woods and have one down.

Have a good day...h2l

Update on the hit and run driver. The police must have had some info on the driver. They were able to track him to Pa. because of his OnStar system.
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17696 on: Nov 23, 2019, 09:02 AM »
Eddie it amounted to about 5", and real wet, which was a task for the blower.  Got most of it cleared, except for the deck will let the sun clear the rest.  Kink in back say's "Your" done.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17697 on: Nov 23, 2019, 05:30 PM »
Good evening tried posting earlier today and lost my internet connection :%$#!:. Nice day high temperature reached the low forties. Some pleasant news from my area last night the football team from high school in Cornwall,NY. defeated Rye,NY. and will now play in the state class A championship game.
OldSailor that is great news about your wife.  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
Icefisher-45 have a good dinner, happy for you the Jeep is now ready for the road. The city of Newburgh was for a couple of years getting money from a federal program to help pay it's fire dept. members salaries. So some poor planing by city officals who knew these funds would end and city tax payers would have to fund this expense.
Eddie are you still working outside or is the block work an inside project. Hope you had a good day hunting.
Ice Wanderer may the biopsy on limph node show no signs of cancer spreading in your wife's body.
Hunts2long you are welcome,after posting I realized some type of meals might be part of the conference .Glad the found a nice restaurant. Ellenville is another Village that could use an Economic revival.
Wallyworld happy to read your grandson's team won their second game. Hope they play well today and make tournament finals. Have all of you had some time to take in some of Lake Placid's sights.
IFF wet snow is a pain to clean up may you back be feeling better today.
Whopper Stopper may you have had a nice day doing whatever was on your schedule.

Everyone have a pleasant evening and good night.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17698 on: Nov 24, 2019, 12:08 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Sleep isn’t being my friend. New med for my headache is a steroid which isn’t helping my headache and my neck and back are hurting. My wife says I’m trying to do to much. Anniversary went well. We went to the restaurant where we went after we got married. It’s a old mill that was converted to a restaurant. The food is very good there. They have a murder mystery my wife wants to go to next month. After we ate the gentleman who plays at the church had a jazz evening at the church. It was a great turnout and the gentleman’s college band was very good. He plays a mean saxophone. Everyone was very talented. Didn’t help my head but I need to get out more. Good to have the Jeep back.

Mr Clean, congratulations on your local high school football advancing to the State Championship. I like watching high school and College ball. Less drama then watching the pros.

IFF, Hope your back is feeling better. That’s good you listen to it when it says your done.

Hunts2long, Seems like it’s a hard season for everyone. I was talking to a few hunters this evening and they said they haven’t seen many deer. Hoping you see one today if you go out. Prayers for your wife. Glad they caught the hit and run driver.

WallyWorld, Congratulations on yesterday’s win. Hoping they do well today. Hope your taking in some of the sites. I’ve heard it’s beautiful up there.

Ice Wanderer, I hope you see a deer if you go out today.

Mason Eddie, Thats a great hat hope it brings you luck today.

Whopper Stopper, I hope you managed to see the 8 pointer again if you go out again.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one at whatever you are doing.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17699 on: Nov 24, 2019, 04:54 AM »

Good morning I-45, ER's,
                         It's 31 and snowing this morning here on my hill.  ::)
                         I-45...…….I'm glad you and your wife had a good anniversary, getting out might not get rid of the headaches but at least you can
                 enjoy what's around you. :thumbsup:
                         H2L...…….It doesn't seem that the deer on my trail cam is a day deer, he only appears at night, I followed his track for a couple of hours
                 yesterday but not able to find any beds. ???
                         Wally.......Congratula tions that your grandson's team won on Friday, I hope to read that they took both game yesterday! :flex:
                         Eddie...…I hope you were able to get out yesterday, the snow was real crunchy here. :whistle:
                         Marv.......If you are not up at "the Shack" I think you need to go, that 8 pointer is waiting for you. ???
                         Bud...…...I hope your back is feeling better. ???
                         Yesterday my #3 son got this nice 10 pointer.

Then a friend text me this picture of a massive 8 pointer.

Seeing these 2 deer puts the pressure on me, I'm heading out in a few ',
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out in the woods.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.