Author Topic: ICE OFF AT 9.5K  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
ICE OFF AT 9.5K
« on: May 19, 2020, 01:30 PM »
My team and I hit Grand Mesa this past weekend, all of the 9K-9.5K ice is gone, although still big snow shelves on the sides of the lakes that are shaded.

We hiked back and hit a few different lakes we had never hit before...The forage was abundant; lots of freshwater shrimp, leeches, aquatic worms, and other bugs! Standing in the shallows, you would pull out huge groups of shrimp stuck to your legs!

After 7 1/2 hours of fishing both the lakes we hiked too, we didn't get a single nibble, or even see a single fish rise!
We packed up and hit one of the main mesa lakes that is was on our to-do list, luckily the brookies and bows were REALLY active there so we got to end our day with a bunch of catches!
Still had a blast hiking around back there! Got some nice drone shots and had a fun adventure overall!
10K stuff is opening up to cast in! Can't wait!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: ICE OFF AT 9.5K
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 10:19 PM »
Tyler,Samantha,Remy thank you for the video. Glad you finally found a lake with rising trout and caught a few to bring home. gorgeous colors on the brook trout.

On another topic watching the video gave me a possible way for you to attach a small landing net to your float tubes. Tyler on your tube you have two Velcro straps to hold a second rod thinking if you got more Velcro from a fabric store and a D or other shaped ring  put the d ring on the Velcro sew it to existing strap and attach net to D ring with some type of quick disconnect clip.

Good to see all of you are healthy.
 Steve

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ICE OFF AT 9.5K
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 06:48 PM »
Tyler,Samantha,Remy thank you for the video. Glad you finally found a lake with rising trout and caught a few to bring home. gorgeous colors on the brook trout.

On another topic watching the video gave me a possible way for you to attach a small landing net to your float tubes. Tyler on your tube you have two Velcro straps to hold a second rod thinking if you got more Velcro from a fabric store and a D or other shaped ring  put the d ring on the Velcro sew it to existing strap and attach net to D ring with some type of quick disconnect clip.

Good to see all of you are healthy.
 Steve

Thanks Steve! We were ecstatic to find some trout too, didn't want to post just a video of us hiking and catching salamanders lol. I like your recommendation in our last float tube video about the fishing vest and attaching one to that (Forgot the acronym for it). I think that will be best for me!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.