The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Seeley  (Read 1781 times)

Offline JosephS

• IceShanty Rookie
Seeley
« on: Mar 24, 2023, 10:48 PM »
Curious how everyone/anyone attacks Seeley Lake? Love that there is solid ice (18 inches today) and good access. I mostly fish for trout, but am sick of Browns Lake. Never have much luck out there. Would love to get into some pike or even a bull, have also heard there are big browns in Seeley. Close to Msla, so I want to figure it out. Has anyone ever seen a cutthroat come out of there? Tried everything today and didn't have any luck (crawlers, maggots, herring, power bait, egg sacks). From Great Falls and used to the reservoirs over there; never have to work that hard to catch a damn fish over there! Thanks in advance and tight lines!

Offline mtoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish for anything
Re: Seeley
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2023, 01:35 PM »
Seeley/Salmon are notorious tough for ice fishing. There is the rare large fish and there are brown trout in both, but normally not worth it.
See post https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=390420.0
If from Great fall would differently look more north towards Tiber and maybe even Pischkun.
Formerly youngoutdoorsmans but wouldn't you know, I got older

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: Seeley
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2023, 03:22 PM »
yup, waste of time to focus on those lakes. Like MTO said, big fish are rare, and becoming rarer as nothing is let go there, despite the consumption warnings on everything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.