Author Topic: New shanty  (Read 1711 times)

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
New shanty
« on: Oct 24, 2009, 05:34 PM »
Hey just got a free shanty.   :o  :o  4 x 8 x 7
I gots me connections at the dump  8)

Someone was just going to junk it because there roof was gone. I got a call one night from a freind said they had a present for me. They were instructed to demo it. When he got there and saw how much time was put into it. He couldent bring himself to wreck it. So he slid it to the side and called me. With some TLC shell be a sweet shack this year!

Not a board was without a rounded edge. Doors have self closing springs, 8 holes, wood stove, Vents at both ends, and 2 windows to open to reduce over heating. Insulated underfoot on walls and celling.Windows all around. Way overbuilt but with style ! I cant lift one end !!

should suit me well. Now for building the 6x8   "office"

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
Re: New shanty
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2009, 08:20 PM »
Free is always the best way to get something. ;D

That stove looks like it could use some TLC, maybe get it out of there and get it blasted and repainted with some hi-temp black.

I'd say that's a good score as long as you don't end up replacing a bunch of the structure because it's rotten.  Unfortunately for me, that's what I'm looking at with my "it's free as long as you take it with you" shack.  I re-did the roof this summer, but the walls are going to need it next year.......

Offline [email protected]

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2009, 08:27 PM »
I would do some renovations on it, not in the best shape but I mean when life gives you lemons you get lemons! ;D HA!  I would have taken it any day! ;D

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2009, 02:36 AM »
no rot on it at all!! thats whats cool about it ! Well just the roof is shot but way eassy fix. :P

The exterior is painted wood and aluminum panels. under is soild. I have it on boat trailer for inspection.

what improvments would you make ?? This is my first hard side.

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2009, 08:14 AM »
I love FREE!!! Good luck with the project. Smitty
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline yog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2009, 08:28 AM »
good find, hope to see up dated pics as the repairs go :tipup:

Offline augerlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2009, 09:06 AM »
that's why i loved workin at the dump, ya never what your gonna bring home. hope we all get an invite to the housewarming!!

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2009, 09:51 AM »
When  i get her on the ice ill give yall a tour. There arnt enuf videos on you tube about ice shantys !

I wonder if the owner will see his shack and say **censored** !

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2009, 02:20 PM »
Wow...  That is the greatest find ever.  There a lot of nice places out there...  Trump, bellagio, hilton, but you own "The Sanford".   Building is almost as much fun as the fishing.  Enjoy.
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2009, 02:22 PM »
ohhhhhhhhhh.... my favorite kind........... FREE!!!! Great score man!!

Offline UPSTATE ICEMASTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Powers Of "FISH ATTRACTANT"
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2009, 02:38 PM »
 Looks GREAT for a freebie , Hopefully it will suit you well for many seasons to come  :tipup:
" JUST TRYIN TO GET HER DONE"

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2009, 05:24 PM »
Wierd The shanty censored  W  T   F  ??

Anywho new roof goes on asap. Then ill fire up the lil stove and heat the place up and try to dry it out. ( with a 2x2 hole in the roof the rain and snow made it lil wet inside......

Oh and uppon further inspection there is Verry slight rot on one wall. And its only the trim around the door and window. im a carpenter so easy to fix this stuff. And yea i could have built one myself but hey this was free and thats one less i would have to build !!

Theres about 100 lakes within 20 miles of me. And theres about 15 within 5 miles of my house 4 of witch are accessable on the snowmobile trails out my front door.  :tipup:

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2009, 05:59 PM »
Theres about 100 lakes within 20 miles of me. And theres about 15 within 5 miles of my house 4 of witch are accessable on the snowmobile trails out my front door.  :tipup:

That's the beauty of living in Northern Wisconsin, I wish I had the opportunity to live up there, but job opportunities are few and far between up there.  I've got 6500 acre Beaver Dam and 2600 acre Fox Lake about 2 miles in either direction from me, but after that, its a 30 mile drive to anything worthwhile.

Offline IcefishrNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2009, 06:14 PM »
Congrats on the free shack 8) good luck with it. Should be killer after you fix it up.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2009, 06:27 PM »
Twintrades,
  Nice find may the shanty serve you for many years. Also remember what the F stands for in **censored**,unless I'm wrong do not text message where many of these terms originated. I had one of my posts censored when I tried to type urinate and moan used another word for urinate.
  Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.