Author Topic: Echo state park 1st draft  (Read 722 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Echo state park 1st draft
« on: Mar 05, 2018, 10:02 AM »
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46273535&nid=1288&title=first-draft-of-new-state-park-at-echo-reservoir-up-for-review

Going to be interesting how this plays out, winter access should be much better for sure but will cost you more
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Re: Echo state park 1st draft
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2018, 09:03 AM »
Interesting story for sure.  KSL has turned off commenting on the story on their website after only 20 + comments - most of which were very much negative and AGAINST making Echo a State Park.  Also, the story said public comments will be accepted until March 15, bit the story said NOTHING about where to send the comments.  I have asked for clarification from KSL, BoR, and Utah Parks & Rec on where to send the comments.  I'll pass that information along as soon as I hear from any of them.

And for the record, I am 100% FOR making Echo a State Park.  I use several state and federal managed campgrounds in Utah for soft and hard water fishing and have always found them to be convenient and reasonably priced.  Not so much so at those facilities managed by concessionaires, like Pineview, Strawberry, Echo, and Flaming Gorge.  I think making Echo a State Park will enhance the overall experience of using it all year long.

I will comment asking for designating Echo an approved facility for using OHV's during the ice fishing season so that we may use both snowmobiles and quads on the ice as we do on East Canyon and Rockport.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Funny how they turn the comments off on KSL. I dont fish echo alot but do agree I would have no prob with it being a state park. Winter access will be much better than the rail trail everyones been using for years that now can get you in trouble as of this winter. Thanks for asking for the clarification from them Bob
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2018, 09:49 AM »
I heard back from the BoR and here is the email address for sending in your comments.

[email protected]
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.