Author Topic: I've got the itch!  (Read 892 times)

Offline nhm6408

• IceShanty Rookie
I've got the itch!
« on: Sep 23, 2015, 08:53 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just recently moved from to the UP from below the bridge and this cooler weather has brought on the itch! Was wondering when lakes usually start to lock up with some good ice. I know inland is going to be a lot faster than out in the bays of Superior. Just want to get everything all set to go before the snow flies. Living in Ishpeming right now and hoping to go just about everywhere. LBDN has always been on my bucket list so can't wait to get down there.

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: I've got the itch!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2015, 11:23 PM »
Last winter I walked on 3 inches of ice the second week of December. Don't really expect to do that again this year as they are predicting a warm fall for us this year. I have the itch also
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2015, 04:15 PM »
What cooler weather?...low 80's today.  ;-)  It was rough on the dogs in the woods (not a lot of water out there this year) before we bailed.

Chris Raymond

Offline Tomz1986

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2015, 08:34 AM »
Last year was exceptional I went out first ice the weekend before thanksgiving. This year I am thinking it will be the first or second week of December. Seeing last year was early and the one before that was too I was on ice thanksgiving weekend that year, my guess is this year will be later

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2015, 06:35 PM »
As early as thanksgiving, as late as the day after christmas. I'm hoping by early december at the latest, but who knows.
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.