Author Topic: Twenty years gone.  (Read 942 times)

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Twenty years gone.
« on: Sep 20, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Hello all. Name is Bill (Hoser), and I live in Northern Lower Michigan. Been away from ice fishing for the last twenty years, but started again last year.I guess I just forgot how much fun it was, and how good tasting those hard water fish really were. I live three miles from Lake Margrethe, but will hitting Higgins a lot for the smelt and Cisco, and a trip or two to Houghton Lake.  I would love to find out where the large Perch are hiding there as well. Not much high tech with me, pretty much old school and it has always seemed to work before. BUT, I'm sure looking forward to learning something new. I target panfish most of the time, but sure won't turn away a nice eye or two along the way. ;) Smelt season is coming and I have a few things to get beforehand. Gonna buy a green LED light for one thing. Buddy of mine had one last year and it worked real good for bringing them in to our bait. Again, good to be here and I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing your stories this year.
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Twenty years gone.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2018, 07:57 PM »
Welcome, and good fishing!

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2018, 08:03 PM »
Welcome! great people on here, I have learned a lot enjoy!

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2018, 09:00 PM »
Welcome, Bill!  Old school still works, but it's fun mixing in some of this newer stuff, too!  :tipup:

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2018, 09:10 PM »
Welcome and enjoy this great site!

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2018, 11:55 PM »
Welcome home!   :clap: :thumbsup:
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2018, 05:58 PM »
Well, it's five years gone by and my boat is still sitting inside garage, gas and battery all.... I should do something about it...
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Well, it's five years gone by and my boat is still sitting inside garage, gas and battery all.... I should do something about it...

It's called a fishing trip.lol

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2018, 09:36 PM »
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Went downstate today and wound up at my favorite toy store, Northwoods Wholesale Outlet in Pinconning. For those of you who have never been there consider yourself lucky. It is hard to leave that place without spending a lot of money, but boy is it fun to go there. They are starting to put out a few items for hard water season. Got a couple things I needed for this years fishing. Gotta watch the prices some of the time, but for the most part you can come away smelling like a Rose.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2018, 09:46 PM »
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Went downstate today and wound up at my favorite toy store, Northwoods Wholesale Outlet in Pinconning. For those of you who have never been there consider yourself lucky. It is hard to leave that place without spending a lot of money, but boy is it fun to go there. They are starting to put out a few items for hard water season. Got a couple things I needed for this years fishing. Gotta watch the prices some of the time, but for the most part you can come away smelling like a Rose.

That funny.....I found Northwoods website a few years ago when I bought my boat. The sold Opti planet boards for like $9-$12. Every other place was $35-$40. I ordered two sets....and they sent a 3rd set by accident to me. :)

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Sep 22, 2018, 10:09 PM »
 I love this place. It is absolutely huge, and if you can't find what you want you probably don't need it.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 22, 2018, 10:11 PM »
I love this place. It is absolutely huge, and if you can't find what you want you probably don't need it.

Lol.....when I find what I want I don’t need that either.

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Sep 22, 2018, 10:14 PM »
OH! I come away with a bunch of those things as well. I smell a garage sale next year. LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.