Author Topic: Who needs a fuel when you got octane?  (Read 9074 times)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Who needs a fuel when you got octane?
« Reply #90 on: Oct 28, 2018, 07:13 AM »
Drill LSA was approved but the battery pack is still pending.  Registered 10/6
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Oct 28, 2018, 07:16 AM »
Drill LSA was approved but the battery pack is still pending.  Registered 10/6

Might want to get in touch with customer service??  At ridgid.

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Oct 28, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Might want to get in touch with customer service??  At ridgid.

Did a week ago.  Was told to keep waiting
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Oct 28, 2018, 07:46 AM »
My battery kit got the LSA, still waiting on the drill 10/8. Emailed them and a rep said he would take care of it personally, had me send him a picture of the receipt. Nothing back from him a few days later.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Oct 28, 2018, 07:58 AM »
Did a week ago.  Was told to keep waiting

Maybe there real swamped cause its a new drill and a great deal and word gets around really quick.. maybe get ahold of them again ? To see what's going on and get them to give a explanation of what's going on??

Offline Herms

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Nov 07, 2018, 03:56 PM »
Any current deals going on with the rigid family?  I'm looking for the 1300# hammer drill and at least 1 9ah battery if not 2.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Nov 07, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Herms sent you a pm ..

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Nov 07, 2018, 06:28 PM »
Any current deals going on with the rigid family?  I'm looking for the 1300# hammer drill and at least 1 9ah battery if not 2.

Just got this in my email buy the 700inch pound drill and a impact with 2 x 4 amp batteries get a free tool or two batteries 2x4 amp free..  then just add the ocatne hammer drill 1300 inlb on top for 139.00
See link for more details!

https://www.ridgid.com/powertools/promotions/?p-2&utm_source=U.S.+List&utm_campaign=ba9cf72638-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_09_27_03_41_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_82e38e0d75-ba9cf72638-271469873

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #98 on: Nov 07, 2018, 06:52 PM »
Home Depot still has the buy the 9ah battery and charger for $199 and get the Octane Hammer drill for free. I just had them both in my cart to verify it.
<===Lefty===

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #99 on: Nov 08, 2018, 09:21 AM »
It's disappeared from the web site. The "Special Buy" was gone on 10/29, when I was going to order up.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline tswoboda

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Nov 08, 2018, 09:24 AM »
It's disappeared from the web site. The "Special Buy" was gone on 10/29, when I was going to order up.

I have both in the cart for $210 shipped right now.  Looks still active to me.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #101 on: Nov 08, 2018, 09:33 AM »
My bad. I shoulda double checked if they renewed the offfer (Which they have through Feb. 4th)

Now the question is: Do I want a hammer drill and 9 aH battery for $199, or a hammer drill/impact driver combo and two 4 aH batteries for the same price?

Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #102 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:05 AM »
the hammer drill/impact deal has the 700 " # drill. so i'd take the 1300 " # drill and 9 amp octane battery to match the battery type meant for it. also has bluetooth features. two 4amp batteries still don't match one 9amp.

Offline todalake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:21 AM »
Still trying to figure out if I need the new octane.   I have the Ridgid 780# Gen5x drill,  2 4amp batteries, and use it with Nils 6" drill.   Ice max 16" before thaw and fish mostly farm ponds.   Max 30 holes a day.   LSA on drill and batteries.   Never had a problem yet with power.    Save money or get strongest drill on the ice?
Clam Base Camp Thermal
Clam Legend Thermal
Nils 6" Lazer 5" & 7"
Ridgid 1300#
Clam Plate/extension

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #104 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:50 AM »
Still trying to figure out if I need the new octane.   I have the Ridgid 780# Gen5x drill,  2 4amp batteries, and use it with Nils 6" drill.   Ice max 16" before thaw and fish mostly farm ponds.   Max 30 holes a day.   LSA on drill and batteries.   Never had a problem yet with power.    Save money or get strongest drill on the ice?
The only difference from my setup is I have the 7" and now the 6" Mini Nero. Used the 7" all last year without a problem up to 20" of ice. If I wear out my Gen5x I will probably get the 1300" #. That could take years of using the one I have. I actually have 2 of the Hammer drills. I bought one for $50 used and it works great. I also use this same drill to winch up my small boat unto my trailer.
<===Lefty===

Offline Kopower

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Nov 08, 2018, 02:09 PM »

I ran the same set up as you last season.  I upgraded to the Octane because I bought an 8" K Drill. Needed a little more torque and battery life. Up to you, but I was perfectly happy with the performance of the Gen 5, 4 ah batteries, and 6" Nils.

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Nov 08, 2018, 08:53 PM »

pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.  let me explain.  i too have the same drill as you and ran a 7" lazer the last few years on a clam plate and i am very happy with it.  no need to up grade as my set up work very well for exactly what you do, farm ponds 20 to 30 holes per outing tops.  never have run one battery out at one outing.  i did go up and fish with a few guys last year in des moines and run both batteries down but it was really cold and drilled a lot of holes looking for fish that were not cooperating.  i say spend the money on more jigs and a pole or 2 and a case of beer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.