Author Topic: Who needs a fuel when you got octane?  (Read 9093 times)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Who needs a fuel when you got octane?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 25, 2018, 09:39 AM »
has a better locking chuck than i have ever used. it has a very loud lock sound or detente snap and you can feel it when it kicks in big time and then it has the normal smaller ratcheting clicks after that and i can make it tighten up to 8 clicks after the first loud detente lock.

the dimensions and weight are:
8 1/4" chuck tip to end of back plate.
8 1/4" tall (no battery).
2/58" width (motor housing left to right).
12 3/4" aux handle (it's huge) (mounts like milwaukee's old design).
4.8# with aux handle attached.

piersm2: whats your zip or nearby zip code?

Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Sep 25, 2018, 11:00 AM »
The clam plate don't fit the old style with chuck on..  I am not removing the chuck either so I know it will fit with out the chuck right now tell you the truth I welded a grade 8 bolt in mine to chuck to my old ridgid fit this one does not longer chuck if I put it back to taking chuck off it will work does any one have the newer clamp plate for a similar compareson?? Of the newer model?? 

Let me retract that statement it may fit but might have to change mounts around..

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #32 on: Sep 25, 2018, 11:01 AM »
piersm2
this is how it looked for my area, so you have to get a worker to work and find it in their store. that's the problem right now with "no home" for this "review". they have them for sure. staff untrained don't care or don't know how to find them as it is. leave your name and number with hardware and ask them to keep looking for it thru out their day and call you when they find it. do it for each store. also ask them to put your name and number on the item after it's found and leave it in returns for you to pick up.
buy the starter kit online and bring receipt if you want the drill for free.
fwiw i had two call backs from two stores. one store that showed 2 in stock found 3.

Qty
Pick up in storeToday.
1 IN STOCK
25.47 miles away
Monticello #2840 Store Hours
1385 7th Street East, Monticello, MN 55362 | 763-295-9500

Qty
Pick up in storeToday.
1 IN STOCK
43.50 miles away
Maple Grove #2844 Store Hours
15800 Grove Circle North, Maple Grove, MN 55369 | 763-494-0117

Qty
Pick up in storeToday.
1 IN STOCK
56.58 miles away
Chaska #2825 Store Hours
300 Pioneer Trail E, Chaska, MN 55318 | 952-368-0281

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Sep 25, 2018, 11:07 AM »
Also for got to mention the lighted chuck this one has...

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Sep 25, 2018, 11:08 AM »
Wow that’s a lot of light right where you need it normally @)
You could charge the jigs with that!

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Sep 26, 2018, 12:00 AM »
The clam plate don't fit the old style with chuck on..  I am not removing the chuck either so I know it will fit with out the chuck right now tell you the truth I welded a grade 8 bolt in mine to chuck to my old ridgid fit this one does not longer chuck if I put it back to taking chuck off it will work does any one have the newer clamp plate for a similar compareson?? Of the newer model?? 

I should have a new clam plate in hand this Friday. I'll report back once I find out how it fits and post some pics.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Sep 26, 2018, 10:09 AM »
Mine fits but I had to drill a extra hole for the u bolt that holds drill on.. once I got it all lined up.. and tightened down I can use it with the chuck on... so keep in mind I had to make my older model look like swiss chesse cause I wanted to keep the chuck on ..

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Sep 26, 2018, 10:40 AM »
Although this video is intended for the instillation/adapting for the Clam gear box onto a Gen one Clam plate... it moves the drill upright bracket higher for more adjustments for diffenty drills..this may be helpful to members with the new Ridgid model.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Sep 26, 2018, 04:39 PM »
What was the deal with the gearbox? There's one in the Cabela's bargain cave near me for $25ish IIRC.  I figured with either the 1200in/# Milwaukee or 1300in/# Ridgid I wouldn't need it for a 7" auger.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Sep 26, 2018, 04:45 PM »
What was the deal with the gearbox? There's one in the Cabela's bargain cave near me for $25ish IIRC.  I figured with either the 1200in/# Milwaukee or 1300in/# Ridgid I wouldn't need it for a 7" auger.

What color is it? If it's black, it's destined to fail, those were recalled...

If it's aluminum it's what they sent to replace the recalled ones, so far, my aluminum one has held up..

<°)))>{

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Sep 26, 2018, 05:51 PM »
Thanks, I'll check it out.

As far as registering for the lifetime service agreement, I'd recommend using Ridgid's beta registration portal. It allows you to upload a receipt at the time of initial registration, so you shouldn't need to mail anything in at any point.
https://beta.register.ridgidpower.com

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #41 on: Sep 26, 2018, 06:47 PM »
Although this video is intended for the instillation/adapting for the Clam gear box onto a Gen one Clam plate... it moves the drill upright bracket higher for more adjustments for diffenty drills..this may be helpful to members with the new Ridgid model.

I've got a plate like that and want to do exactly that.....is there a kit for it? Mainly wanting to do this for when I use my 10in mora on it.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #42 on: Sep 26, 2018, 06:48 PM »

Hey if you don't want it can you pick it up and send to me? I can pay pal u.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Sep 26, 2018, 07:38 PM »
Hey if you don't want it can you pick it up and send to me? I can pay pal u.

Sure, I'll send you a pm.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #44 on: Sep 27, 2018, 08:35 AM »
I've got a plate like that and want to do exactly that.....is there a kit for it? Mainly wanting to do this for when I use my 10in mora on it.

No kit ...I have a Gen 1 plate that could benefit from this idea...I have some 1 inch aluminum square stock that I will be using ...just need to figure out what I should do for the plates drill shaft...want to modify it so the drill can be used w/o chuck removal.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Sep 27, 2018, 10:42 AM »
No kit ...I have a Gen 1 plate that could benefit from this idea...I have some 1 inch aluminum square stock that I will be using ...just need to figure out what I should do for the plates drill shaft...want to modify it so the drill can be used w/o chuck removal.

Are you trying to add a gear box so you don't need to take the chuck off??

If you use a 6 or a 8 inch nils etc that cuts easily may I suggest getting a grade 8 bolt I think it 1/2 -20 thread you can google it really easily cause it could be 1/2-16 thread .. any how I screwed the screw in on a lag type bolt.  and cut the head off the bolt .. and welded the edge of the bolt to the clam plate.. made the bolt so it would not reverse out when flushing the augered hole with drill in reverese.. this bolt is instead of taking the chuck off the drill..  you just clamp chuck to the bolt you installed were the chuck threads go.. doing this saves you having to by a gear box or removing the chuck if you got a strong enough drill like the octane?? Then you don't Need the gear box??

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #46 on: Sep 27, 2018, 06:01 PM »

Make me a block to please. Thanks

Offline mazak730

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Sep 27, 2018, 06:20 PM »
Just picked up this drill today and ordered a 6" kdrill for local lakes. what setting do you have this drill in when using it?
THANKS,

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Sep 27, 2018, 06:36 PM »
Just picked up this drill today and ordered a 6" kdrill for local lakes. what setting do you have this drill in when using it?
THANKS,
Setting 1. Drill mode never Hammer mode.
<===Lefty===

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #49 on: Sep 27, 2018, 08:47 PM »
Give me fuel give me fire give me Milwaukee.........die slow you octane scum.

Lol just trolling ya'll

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Sep 28, 2018, 05:57 AM »
Give me fuel give me fire give me Milwaukee.........die slow you octane scum.

Lol just trolling ya'll
The way I look at it is,who needs all that power? I will stay with my lowly 700 In lb Ridgid. After all it can twist your wrist if you aren't careful. 1200 or 1300 In lb can break your wrist real easy.
<===Lefty===

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Sep 28, 2018, 05:35 PM »
For those who were wondering, the Octane fits perfectly on the newer Clam plate. The Chuck light was not activated by the U bolt.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Sep 28, 2018, 05:42 PM »
For those who were wondering, the Octane fits perfectly on the newer Clam plate. The Chuck light was not activated by the U bolt.

Great news X2, fits, and no light!

Thanks for the update!

<°)))>{

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Sep 28, 2018, 07:08 PM »
new octane 9amp battery and charger kit came today. the app is great and the battery is built the best i have seen from ridgid so far. the charger is same charger they have been using, but needed to be a kit in order to qualify for their lsa.
the box it shipped in said 7 pounds and was not sealed from hd.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Oct 01, 2018, 09:48 AM »
took two days and riidgid has the 9amp bluetooth octane battery and charger under their lsa

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Oct 01, 2018, 09:55 AM »
Still working with HD to let me get this placed  >:(

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #56 on: Oct 01, 2018, 10:36 PM »
piersm2, you'll get one. they are just getting started.

ridgid had the drill lsa completed this morning also. couldn't be easier and super fast. i should have put them under my daughters name for when i'm gone.

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Oct 02, 2018, 08:13 AM »
On day number two of dealing with HD on getting this all worked out.  I think we have an answer!  I will be purchasing the battery kit via web and they will be providing me a gift card for the drill amount with tax to go pick up at the store.

I was very unpleased with how they handled it right away, but they are certainly going out of their way to get this to work for me.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #58 on: Oct 02, 2018, 08:23 AM »
that's cool! don't let one bad apple ruin it for you. saying they are not the same identity is nutz. if it happens ever again get their name and request the manager to get it straightened out. then it won't happen again with the same person not knowing their job.

get it registered as soon as you get it. if for any reason it needs to go back, the lsa won't hamper it.

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Oct 03, 2018, 07:10 AM »
9ah starter kit shipped today and got the gift card for the drill.  Did just get an email back from Ridgid stating the battery kit only qualifies for 3 year warranty, but seeing the screen shots above, hard to believe.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.