The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: check in:Wisconsin members  (Read 161308 times)

Offline Mike from Wisconsin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • New to ice fishing, but not to fishing.
Re: check in:Wisconsin members
« Reply #1050 on: Jan 03, 2019, 04:53 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty Mike! Thanks for checking in, pull up a bucket and get comfortable. There's something here for all skill levels, heck I still learn new stuff here even though I've been at it a few decades.

I'm not too far from you and fish Fowler and Okauchee frequently along with Ashippun, Beaver, Forest and Pine. Otter sled,K-Drill, Polar tippys, black bibs and Ice Shanty beanie... Feel free to introduce yourself if you catch me on the ice. I'm Mike too  ;)2

That's great, I'll let you know when I'm going out next to see if you are too.  I was on Fowler last weekend and only managed to get 1 northern at 18" via tip-up on a shiner.

Offline FLYING TIGER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1051 on: Jan 03, 2019, 04:55 PM »
Welcome flying tiger out  :) :tipup:
love paying taxes to the state thanks for asking

Offline nrscroller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1052 on: Jan 16, 2019, 02:50 PM »
Chilly Willy from New Richmond,

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1053 on: Jan 16, 2019, 05:27 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty nrscroller! Glad you popped in, pull up a bucket and make yourself at home.You'll find lots of good stuff here: info on everything you can imagine and things you can't imagine plus lots of terrific folks.

Enjoy!  :thumbsup:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #1054 on: Jan 19, 2019, 12:21 PM »
Welcome to Iceshanty and the Wisconsin thread. You have a ton of info at your fingertips now that you are a member.

HIMO
                                                   Wisconsin Ice Shanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline Tennes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1055 on: Jan 19, 2019, 10:01 PM »
Greetings from Haugen

Offline sconnieboy55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1056 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:08 AM »
Checking in from Plover.  Joined recently and this place has already been a wealth of knowledge!  Tight lines  :tipup:

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1057 on: Feb 14, 2019, 11:09 AM »
Welcome to the Shanty Tennes and sconnieboy55! Thanks for checkin' in on the WI board  ;D. You'll find plenty of fine folks and a wealth of information here. Everything you wanted to know and some things you maybe didn't  ::).

Pull up your buckets and make yourselves comfortable. Feel free to both ask and contribute, watch for the giveaways and enjoy your stay.

Offline FLYING TIGER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1058 on: Jul 18, 2019, 04:33 PM »
Just checking in just hot .flying tiger out :tipup: :tipup:
love paying taxes to the state thanks for asking

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #1059 on: Jul 31, 2019, 08:21 AM »
We really shouldn't have that much longer fellas. 132 days till Dec 10, which for up north, should be very close.

Offline Fish Commander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1060 on: Jul 31, 2019, 07:47 PM »
Dave checkin in.  Building a drop down wheel frame for my permy!  So far sokay...

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1061 on: Aug 13, 2019, 02:44 PM »
Dave checkin in.  Building a drop down wheel frame for my permy!  So far sokay...

What areas do you usually fish Dave? Fish the bay much? I'm from Suamico originally. Don't get to fish the area as much as I'd like but still get that way a few times each winter to visit family. Tight lines!
Da Pack!

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1062 on: Aug 26, 2019, 06:47 AM »
Hi guys. Just checking in. I have been busy this past summer.I bought a used 5'x 8' utility trailer and have been doing some work on it. It has a diamond plate metal deck so I put some truck bed liner on it. My son is in the tire business, so he got some bigger tires and rims to give it more load capacity. I am now building some 3/4" plywood sides for it so in the winter all our icefishing gear is protected from the weather on our way to the ice. The last thing I want to do to it is a custom canvas top with snaps to hold it on. It will be sweet. In the summer we can haul our camping gear in it. I am also still fighting my cancer diagnosis. The tumor in my liver is now dead. I have 2 small ones that are being kept in check by a cancer pill called Nexavar. The last 6 months they have not grown at all and hopefully the will die from the medication. If not the doctor said he will go in and remove them. As long as I am still sucking air, thats a good sign.Well as the Wisconsin Moderator I guess I should go and Moderate. Hopefully we will see each other on the ice this winter.

Don

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1063 on: Aug 26, 2019, 07:50 AM »
Glad to hear you're doing well....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1064 on: Aug 26, 2019, 08:23 AM »
Great news Don! I hate cancer. Didn't do me any favors. It's to the point now I don't even like to say anything after having had to be a cheerleader for one that did not end well. Really, really happy you have good news  ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1065 on: Aug 26, 2019, 11:11 AM »
Himo/Don may you beat the cancer. Have fun completing work on utility trailer.
 Steve

Offline DaleL57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1066 on: Aug 26, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Don, Glad you are beating that cancer.
Good luck with the trailer.
Sounds sweet!

Offline DaleL57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1067 on: Aug 26, 2019, 06:48 PM »
Farmers Almanac is saying same weather as last year.
Could use a little less snow.

Offline RednckFishn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1068 on: Sep 08, 2019, 03:08 PM »
Sept 8th wishing and hoping for hard water as i just got a fribill excursion,

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #1069 on: Sep 09, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Cooler temps really get me going! Had the auger running, locators are charged and rod blanks on order! Wont be long!!! ;D

Offline VenomInjected

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1070 on: Sep 10, 2019, 12:25 PM »
Soon enough... will be on Winnebago and the Bay of Green Bay....

Here perchy perchy

Offline Mocs n Docs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1071 on: Sep 12, 2019, 04:00 PM »
Hi all - I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I started ice fishing with a buddy in college and have been cold weather jigging ever since- cant get enough of it. We braved the elements (poor college student at the time and the fact that we're Wisconsinites anyway) but last year I picked up a thermal clam 2seater - living the highlife now! Stumbled upon IceShanty looking for shack/sled mod ideas and was impressed with the ideas and discussions.

looking to learn lots more from all of you and cant wait to be on the ice

-Mocs

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1072 on: Sep 12, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Hey Mocs n Docs welcome to The Shanty! There's lotsa resources on the web but none quite like this. Slide yer bucket in the Shack and make yourself comfortable! Plenty of great info here and as many great folks to back it up. I stumbled in here some 8 years ago and just keep hanging around.

And thanks for posting on the WI board  :thumbsup: :clap:

Just curious, got a general location in WI? North, South, East, West? For all I know we could be neighbors. Currently living near Oconomowoc in the South in the process of moving to Three Lakes (near Eagle River).

Offline Doc_Dev

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1073 on: Sep 12, 2019, 06:26 PM »
Hi all - I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I started ice fishing with a buddy in college and have been cold weather jigging ever since- cant get enough of it. We braved the elements (poor college student at the time and the fact that we're Wisconsinites anyway) but last year I picked up a thermal clam 2seater - living the highlife now! Stumbled upon IceShanty looking for shack/sled mod ideas and was impressed with the ideas and discussions.

looking to learn lots more from all of you and cant wait to be on the ice

-Mocs

Hey All,

I am said "college buddy", I am addicted to ice fishing and cannot wait to learn more from you all. I am currently in Medical School up in Green Bay and hoping to discover some new hardwater spots this winter! Would love any insights if you have experience in the area.

I currently am shack-less but have a small otter/style sled and hand auger so I like to stay fairly mobile and brave the elements with my Flasher.

Thanks for having me!

-Doc_Dev

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1074 on: Sep 12, 2019, 07:29 PM »
Welcome to the site guys ...  You will make lots of buddies on here... ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Mocs n Docs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1075 on: Sep 13, 2019, 06:58 AM »
Hey Mocs n Docs welcome to The Shanty! There's lotsa resources on the web but none quite like this. Slide yer bucket in the Shack and make yourself comfortable! Plenty of great info here and as many great folks to back it up. I stumbled in here some 8 years ago and just keep hanging around.

And thanks for posting on the WI board  :thumbsup: :clap:

Just curious, got a general location in WI? North, South, East, West? For all I know we could be neighbors. Currently living near Oconomowoc in the South in the process of moving to Three Lakes (near Eagle River).

Im fishing around the western side of the state mostly - I live in River Falls, fish all the way down in the La Crosse area on the Sippi and now I'm starting to explore the lakes north of me up to the Hayward area.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1076 on: Sep 13, 2019, 07:34 AM »
@Doc_Dev - Welcome to the Shanty! Ditto everything I told your buddy Mocs. So did they put you two in separate halves of the state for a reason? ;) Mom usta separate my brother and me like that...  ::)

Fishing ops in your part of the state are kinda slim save for fishing the Bay and it's tributaries. My son lives a little west in Freedom and does a fair amount of whining about that. We've done Shawano a number of times, Oconto Falls and plied some backwaters and bays off of rivers. All have produced, some better than others. Good to share your location, might make a local pal that can offer an opportunity to tag along  ;D

Good luck this season and keep it dry!

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1077 on: Oct 04, 2019, 09:45 AM »
welcome to the site guys. If you need help with anything, there are lots of people here to help out. Enjoy your stay with us.

Don (HIMO)
                                                             Wisconsin IceShanty Moderator

Offline Silvercliff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1078 on: Dec 13, 2019, 09:45 PM »
Western Marinette county. 40 miles from Iron Mountain Mi.  10 minutes from Caldron Falls, 15 miles from High Falls.  Anyone been out around here yet?  I know some guys been out, but we have had 21-25 inches of heavy snow since formed.  How thick is the ice around here and northern Oconto and southern Forest county??

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1079 on: Dec 15, 2019, 05:05 PM »
Hey Silvercliff! Welcome to the Shanty and thanks for checkin' in  :thumbsup: I've fished High/Cauldron in October for a number of years but missed this year. Just chasin' muskies but I sure do love the scenery!

I've seen someone with your handle, "Silvercliff" somewhere but I can't put my finger on it. Gotta be either Lake-Link or a musky board. I don't spend a ton of time mousing all over the place, pretty easy to find.

Anyway, can't update you on ice conditions there. I know the big snow was not a good thing and some places got away a little more easily.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.