Author Topic: Re covering my flip over  (Read 688 times)

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re covering my flip over
« on: Mar 24, 2019, 05:06 PM »
going to have my old dave genz flip over recovered.  anyone who has done this any info would be appreciated.  i have an appointment with some folks who recover seats for a living and said this would not be a problem.  so i am wanting to go with an insulated fabric of some sort thinking of a 900 denier or so.  thoughts.  this flip over will seat 3 grown fat boys pretty comfortably.  thanks for the input guys. 

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Re covering my flip over
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2019, 05:13 PM »
Have you called Clam for a price? They should be able to hook you up.

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2019, 05:28 PM »
you mean with the fabric.  not a bad idea.  i might start there tomorrow.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2019, 06:39 PM »
Clam sells replacement covers.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2019, 07:17 PM »
I have an original Dave Genz 1-man Fish Trap I and 2-man Fish Trap II hut and 4 years ago I bought replacement covers from Clam that closely fit each one.   The 1-man I used a Fish Trap Scout canvas and the 2-man I used a Fish Trap Guide canvas.  Both were priced reasonable considering the price of a new hut today.  On the Clam web-site under replacement parts you will find the replacement canvas.  They only sell replacement canvas for the last couple of generation huts, so just match as close as you can, they show dimensions.  I have the original Fish Trap huts and the height is shorter then the huts today but I made them fit.

Offline Joe in T.C.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2019, 07:42 PM »
I have an older Clam Guide flip over.

I replaced the cover with a new insulated cover from Clam. (they also have non-insulated replacements)

They can help you find what cover would work best for your application. For the Guide, a Nanook replacement cover worked out great.
And what a huge difference the insulated cover makes vs. a non-insulated cover.

Here is my order information:

Order placed October 5th, 2018
Item - Nanook Thermal Replacement Tent 
Sku 3646
Qty 1   
Subtotal  $229.99 
Shipping & Handling  $15.36 
Grand Total  $245.35

Good Luck All :tipup:

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2019, 09:21 PM »
going to have my old dave genz flip over recovered.  anyone who has done this any info would be appreciated.  i have an appointment with some folks who recover seats for a living and said this would not be a problem.  so i am wanting to go with an insulated fabric of some sort thinking of a 900 denier or so.  thoughts.  this flip over will seat 3 grown fat boys pretty comfortably.  thanks for the input guys.

I can try and figure out which replacement cover would work for you if you give me the dimensions of the sled it self and when the house is set up. based on what you said I am guessing you have a fish trap 3 which if I remember right is right around the same dimensions as the voyager. if you can post a picture of any writing on the canvas that would help too as it would help narrow down what you actually have. hope I can figure it out for you.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.