Author Topic: Aqua Vu Customer Service Stinks!  (Read 7436 times)

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
Aqua Vu Customer Service Stinks!
« on: Feb 26, 2019, 06:45 PM »
Not sure whats going on at Aqua Vu but their Customer Service is lacking!! My Micro battery dies after an hour. Its an older model and called them to get a quote to send it back in and re-battery it. Called and talked to a Girl and said she would send my request right in to Service. Three days later, still no callback. I emailed them and was told the first time that its $65 to look at it , $ 25 for a battery but then they said that there was an additional charge to install the battery!! Then a followup email when I questioned the charges and was told that it was an ADDITIONAL $50 to replace the battery. $140 PLUS SHIPPING both ways totaled out to $170 for a battery change. I asked if they go over the camera to be sure its working properly and she said this is not included. I have purchased the last item from Aqua Vu and will spend my money somewhere else.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
Re: Aqua Vu Customer Service Stinks!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2019, 07:53 PM »
That's beyond belief.  There has to be an electronics shop handy that will do the battery exchange for far less than that. 

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2019, 08:55 PM »
Holy cow! Yeah almost any electronics repair (phone/computer repair) should be able to put a new battery in it if they would take on the task.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2019, 11:17 PM »
115$ labor seems ludicrous. ask them to sell you the battery. probably say no sale or charge 100$ to ship it.

might be worth taking it apart to try to source a battery for it. maybe run it thru a search engine to find a replacement. try it without taking it apart to see if it's been posted as to what to order before taking it apart. just use the brand and model number to try to find one for it.

if you share the model number maybe one of us can find it for you.

Aqua-Vu
Published on Nov 22, 2017
Aqua-Vu Micro systems have proven to contain excellent long-charging life batteries.  Anglers with some of the early systems are just now starting to have the internal Lithium ION batteries reach end of life. This video shows anglers how to replace the battery. Replacement batteries can be purchased from Aqua-Vu or Aqua-Vu will replace the batteries for a service charge.

http://www.aquavu.com/Products/Replacement-Parts

http://www.bizrate.com/batteries1/aqua-vu-battery/

Offline emmettid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:12 AM »
I have bought two aqua vu cameras,this last one a 4.3 stealth model hand held and called in for a couple of questions and was told no one available to answer my questions but could email them .IT wasn`t the answer I wanted to hear and told the women that and also explained that if I went to the trouble to call there surely must be someone to talk with but no had to email them.this is my last aqua vu product also told her that.IT wasn`t what she said it was how she said it that bothered me .

Offline johnb340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2019, 12:09 PM »
I bought a refurb Aqua View Micro AV back in 2013 for $160.  They are quoting you more to replace the battery than I paid for the whole unit, unbelievable.  I'll be looking to replace the battery in mine after ice fishing season. 

I just called them myself after reading these posts and I had to leave a call back number for the service dept. so we'll see how long it takes them to get back with me since customer service told me it wouldn't be today.  If they call me back I'll report the pricing they quote me for them doing it or just buying the battery and doing it myself.  If I don't like either option I will find a battery that will work.

Offline johnb340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2019, 01:19 PM »
I had a better experience than you guys did.  The service dept got back with me already and my experience with them was actually very good.  I had 2 options either to send it in or have them send me a battery.  I could pay to ship the unit in and then it would be 69.99 for them to replace the battery and ship it back.   I opted to pay 24.99 and they will ship the battery to me.  I asked how to access the battery on the micro AV and it's just 4 screws, remove the cover, and then will have access to the battery which will require resoldering and not a big deal.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2019, 01:51 PM »
John. Yes I still haven't heard back from them on the 2 different price quotes. But in the last email back she said any parts are not included in the $69 fee. No idea of why they even put a contact number on their website as either they don't answer the phone but in my last case, answered and told me they would get back to me that day.They should model their Customer Service after Markums. I bought a sonar from them years ago and had a couple questions on it. They answered the phone and in a minute had a Tech person talking to me and fully anwered my questions. Have 3 of their products and not a problem with ny of them either. Wish I could say the same with Aqua Vu. You would think on a Forum such as Ice Shanty that they would monitor it and get back to any posts concerning them.ON other sites, someone will respond.

Offline johnb340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2019, 03:39 PM »
My guess is you got some misinformation on pricing. What I was quoted makes more sense and it sounds like you'll have to call again.  What we've been doing is setting the brightness on low and it lasts alot longer. 

Offline osjim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2019, 03:46 PM »
I have had nothing but great customer service.  Laci in CS has been great and quickly responds.  I wanted to buy a replacement part recently and it was shipped free.  N/C.

[email protected]

Toll Free 866-755-6303
Fax: 218-646-0506
www.aquavu.com

Offline RipLipp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2019, 05:16 PM »
First post? You must work for them.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2019, 05:56 PM »
First post? You must work for them.

I'm sure they made an account in February of 2018 just for this moment... ::)

I haven't had an issues with their customer service. I emailed back and forth with them about some ideas to enhance the software on their micro revolution and tested if it was compatible with Android's USB on-the-go capabilities after consulting with them. (It isn't)

Offline osjim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2019, 01:10 AM »
Mr. or Ms. RippLip,

I have been a long time watcher and learner from this sight.  I live in MI, I do not work for or own any interest in Aqua-vu.  I own an Aqua-vu unit and just wanted to help out with the contact information I used.  I have not had a negative experience at all.  I hope the information is helpful to someone other than to accuse me of something that I am not...Tks.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2019, 07:06 AM »
Mr. or Ms. RippLip,

I have been a long time watcher and learner from this sight.  I live in MI, I do not work for or own any interest in Aqua-vu.  I own an Aqua-vu unit and just wanted to help out with the contact information I used.  I have not had a negative experience at all.  I hope the information is helpful to someone other than to accuse me of something that I am not...Tks.

I have many posts and do not work for them either. But, I have found their customer service very helpful. Once, I was looking for a way to build my own 100 ft cable and the customer service woman on the phone actually went back into their warehouse and tested my concept for me. I had another thought about the battery and they walked me through how to do what I wanted myself without sending the unit to them.

Anybody can have a bad day, I suppose, but I have had very good experience myself.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Feb 28, 2019, 08:22 AM »
Once, I was looking for a way to build my own 100 ft cable and the customer service woman on the phone actually went back into their warehouse and tested my concept for me. I had another thought about the battery and they walked me through how to do what I wanted myself without sending the unit to them.

care to share the results?

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 28, 2019, 12:39 PM »
I was trying to bootleg a longer cable/camera to the Micro 5. Technically I could get it to work but the image quality was deteriorated enough that I ended up going back to the original camera and 60 foot cable. I would still love a model with 100 feet for lakers in deep water.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Mar 01, 2019, 08:23 AM »
thanks for that info. i also need a long cable on underwater cameras and no one makes them and they don't make extensions for them either.
you might need to add an in-line amp to push the feed thru better or try a better coax. see about adding one at the joint.
 the joint you make to add-on will make a huge difference on the attenuation factor. typically it is minus 3 db at a joint per connection, but could be much more depending on how it's done.
the coax needs to be solid copper and not copper clad steel and use the highest quality you can find and match the ohms.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 01, 2019, 08:39 AM »
thanks for that info. i also need a long cable on underwater cameras and no one makes them and they don't make extensions for them either.
you might need to add an in-line amp to push the feed thru better or try a better coax. see about adding one at the joint.
 the joint you make to add-on will make a huge difference on the attenuation factor. typically it is minus 3 db at a joint per connection, but could be much more depending on how it's done.
the coax needs to be solid copper and not copper clad steel and use the highest quality you can find and match the ohms.

I went to the St. Paul Ice Fishing Show and spoke to the President of AquaVu about a need for a long cabled camera, at least as an option. He was extremely approachable and open to hearing what I was looking for. They did some checking with engineering and to do it right will take modifications of the main board - and likely the market for the longer cable on a small portable is simply not big enough to justify that kind of investment. They actually do have the 10i system that does have the longer cable, but it is not very portable so the market segment really is smaller than I would like.

He got back to me with an email after he had done the research. I consider that great customer service that the president would do that for me. While I like Garmin, not likely that would happen there.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Mar 01, 2019, 10:04 AM »
yep, they would need to add an amplifier to their board otherwise. it would use more battery and give shorter run times. you can do it on your own if you needed to by adding one in line and use an injector to feed the amplifier. not as stream line no doubt. for my use it's needed above water after only 20 feet of the camera is submerged for a chase feed line. would be a permanent camera system to monitor fish on private property fed to a dvr for multi camera display.

aqua-vu did take the time to try to sell me something already made, but nothing was long enough. she did it on the phone and gave out reference numbers for me to shop while she stayed on the call.

that is saying something for the ceo for sure. not to big yet to talk to those who make or break them.

Offline 1buckeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Which model do you have?

Offline davearnold5511

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 11, 2019, 01:53 PM »
I've also had great success with aqua By, with an issue on my Micro 2. They don't communicate a lot, just gave me info on where to send the camera, and I got a new system back from them. No charge. They didn't explain what was wrong with my old one or update me on the repairs, just made it right.

By the way, there are many battery replacements out there. Do a Google search for a 3.7 volt 2100mAh battery and get one with similar dimensions....

Offline davearnold5511

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 11, 2019, 01:57 PM »
Look at this on eBay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F121965187238

This one is slightly less powerful, but should work...

Offline johnb340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 11, 2019, 04:05 PM »
I decided to put the battery in my micro today.  The hardest part was the 4 tiny screws that are like the size of the screws on prescription glasses.
A bad battery can make a unit do some really strange things and make you think something else is wrong with it and it be nothing more than a bad battery.  I saved 50 bucks by taking 15 minutes and swapping it myself.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #23 on: Mar 11, 2019, 05:20 PM »
Good deal John, you're up and running....Just bought my 1st camera, rev 5.0, love it so far.

Offline SchlitzBeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 15, 2019, 06:37 PM »
Anyone know how to swap the battery out on the Micro Revolution 5.0?

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 15, 2019, 06:45 PM »
I did it and their Customer Service helped me. Forgot the details now.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline SchlitzBeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 15, 2019, 07:02 PM »
Thanks Gunflint, I'll call tomorrow. I got the screws off and didn't know what to do next.

Offline SchlitzBeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 15, 2019, 07:04 PM »
Gunflint, where did you get battery? Specs?

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 15, 2019, 07:07 PM »
Gunflint, where did you get battery? Specs?

I think they sent me the battery and I did the swap. That is what I remember. Did you check YouTube?
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline SchlitzBeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 15, 2019, 07:19 PM »
Yeah, there is a video on the micro II but not the revolution 5.0.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.