New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lost Pantopix (Not mine)  (Read 10415 times)

Offline gitthegaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Fish on"
Re: Lost Pantopix (Not mine)
« Reply #60 on: Mar 15, 2019, 11:09 AM »
Sucks to learn a lesson like that but it will teach a valuable lesson too.no pun intended..my vexilar is the first thing loaded up.im hoping for the best and its returned.

Its serial # is Registered with Garmin !
Paul

Offline gitthegaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Fish on"
« Reply #61 on: Mar 15, 2019, 11:19 AM »
Seems like an Aweful lot of Perfect People on this subject. The Guy came off the ice at Dark Set it down while loading his Snowmobile and shanty into his Truck. Again it was Dark, and obviously didn't pick it up! Expensive Mistake for sure, But the last thing you need to hear is the Monday Morning Quarterback on what he should have done differant. We are all Fisherman and should be looking out for each other not Ridiculing.
Paul

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #62 on: Mar 15, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Cops place stings all the time "fishing" for people to break this specific law. They leave an unattended bicycle next to a store and bust the people trying to take it. Every one of them said, "I thought somebody just left it here."

Cop says, "Do you own it? Does it belong to you?"
"No"
"Then you stole it."

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Mar 15, 2019, 01:57 PM »
finders keepers eh

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #64 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:26 PM »
Cops place stings all the time "fishing" for people to break this specific law. They leave an unattended bicycle next to a store and bust the people trying to take it. Every one of them said, "I thought somebody just left it here."

Cop says, "Do you own it? Does it belong to you?"
"No"
"Then you stole it."

not  exactly if it  was  just left  in a area that would  make one think it  was abandon   would  be considered  entrapment....how  ever if the  bike is  left  out side  a  store  in a  parking area  for  bicycles  that is  not  entrapment ....

entrapment .....the action of tricking someone into committing a crime in order to secure their prosecution

this is  totally  different this person  drove  away leaving a  piece  of  equipment .... again  we  do not know  what  said  person  did  to recover it ?  did he  call police  did  he  put ads in paper  ...the  person that found it can't return it to  someone  he  doesn't know  .....  was  it reported  to a insurance  company???.it might  be covered  ..... there are  simply to many ifs    to  say  on this  ...i'm sorry you lost  your  fishfinder  I  wish you luck  finding it  but  I  don't  think anyone is to blame  but you ....that's  my opinion 

Offline firegems

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:39 PM »
If a police report was filed and it is considered stolen property....maybe you could call your homeowners insurance and file a claim towards it? Just a thought.....
SO MANY FISH.........SO LITTLE TIME!

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:54 PM »
You could try to make a homeowner claim because your personal property is covered anywhere in the world.  But, leaving it in a parking lot is not considered a "peril" that is insured against, in my book.  There is a term used in insurance called "mysterious disappearance", which is generally used in speaking about lost jewelry that possibly fell out of an ear, or off a finger, neck, whatever.  But setting it down and forgetting it in a parking lot is no mystery.  I doubt they would cover it.

Yes, I am an insurance agent.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #67 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:59 PM »
i  suggested  this in the  beggining  ...maybe it  was  stolen  maybe  it  fell out of the  truck  ....i  claimed  stolen traps  and they  were  covered

Offline gitthegaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Fish on"
« Reply #68 on: Mar 16, 2019, 04:42 AM »
i  suggested  this in the  beggining  ...maybe it  was  stolen  maybe  it  fell out of the  truck  ....i  claimed  stolen traps  and they  were  covered

Will this affect the rates in future?
Paul

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #69 on: Mar 16, 2019, 06:35 AM »
frogger  I lost my  cell phone  while  moving  the  car  for  a guy plowing a  parking lot ...... should I  blame him or  just  admit I screwed up ???? ....he have to take  responsibility for our mistakes  some time in life ...... sorry the guy lost his equipment but their was no crime here....for all we know if he forgot to but it in his car maybe he forgot and left it on the ice!!!!  and by the way I found a my buddy heater earlier this year ,reported it in here and the guy got his stuff back ......slide of the guys truck he swore it was stolen when he went to store ....it fell off  his tail gate 20 yards down the road ......

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #70 on: Mar 16, 2019, 07:14 AM »
...but trapper it feels better to say someone stole my stuff when I leave it behind.   ;D

luv2fish2

« Reply #71 on: Mar 16, 2019, 09:07 AM »
whatever happened to empathy? guy was just looking to see if anyone happened to pick it up! wow lotta negative people on this site i'm out .

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Mar 16, 2019, 09:09 AM »
I like how the guy was irresponsible and left it behind but it’s the person fault who found it lol. He could have had it on the ground behind his suv and ran it over not knowing and someone picked up his trash. Or someone just got a good find. I wouldn’t claim it on my home owner insurance because it could mess with rates. 

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #73 on: Mar 16, 2019, 09:15 AM »
Ive always wondered with all these i forgot it at the launch threads if alcohol was involved.im clear headed when loading and unloading my stuff.like i said hope the op gets it back but its no ones fault but his.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Mar 16, 2019, 09:18 AM »
Last words “ dude don’t forget the road sodas “ as he reaches over the panoptics unit forgotten in the snow lol

Offline jtsteel

• IceShanty Rookie
  • So many fish , So little time.....
« Reply #75 on: Mar 16, 2019, 10:01 AM »
Man oh man, you guys sure know how to beat a dead horse.....

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #76 on: Mar 16, 2019, 01:37 PM »
whatever happened to empathy? guy was just looking to see if anyone happened to pick it up! wow lotta negative people on this site i'm out .

we  all hope  the  man gets  his  stuff back ...it's  not  about  empathy   in  fact this  guy hasn't  blamed  anyone ......it's  about  everyone  else  demonizing   someone that "may" have  found it  and blaming  him  and  avoiding the horror in truth ... it's  the owners  fault  for  leaving it ....maybe  he  did  forget it loading or  maybe  he left it on the  bumper or  roof!  maybe he left it out on the lake   and yes  maybe  alcohol was involved.......but i'm not  going to  lie  and  say awwwwwwww   poor   fisherman   didn't pay attention  and  lost  his  equipment   ,nope  tell you the same thing I told  my son  when  he left his  fishing pole  leaning next to a tree and it was  gone  when he went  back ......  that's  to  bad son  .... buy a  new one  with your paper  money ....... best to learn  lifes  lessons  before  they are  expensive ..... take care  of  your  ......stuff

luv2fish2

« Reply #77 on: Mar 16, 2019, 01:53 PM »
Your right it is his fault , but making excuses for whomever found it saying they did nothing wrong is also not ok as I said u reap what you show , karma's a b***h  nuff  said

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #78 on: Mar 16, 2019, 03:49 PM »
Your right it is his fault , but making excuses for whomever found it saying they did nothing wrong is also not ok as I said u reap what you show , karma's a b***h  nuff  said

how  do you know  anyone has it?  maybe  he left it out on the ice  maybe  he set it on his  roof  and  it slid off  or  his  bumper ....maybe   it  got ran over in the parking lot  maybe  plowed  up .......

frogger I  agree  grand there is  no grand  larceny here  the  new  York state   definition  of  grand  larceny  from the  penal  code is.....

New York Penal Law Section 155.30(1) A person is guilty of Grand Larceny in the Fourth Degree when he steals property and when the value of the property exceeds one thousand dollars.

key word here  is  steal  ....nothing was  stolen

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #79 on: Mar 16, 2019, 04:01 PM »

luv2fish2

« Reply #80 on: Mar 16, 2019, 04:07 PM »
yep dead horse lol

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #81 on: Mar 16, 2019, 04:11 PM »
i'll have these  guys whining   about karma  and the injustice of  someone  finding something they wish they  found  till next ice  season

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #82 on: Mar 16, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Lol

Online ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Mar 16, 2019, 04:39 PM »
You guys almost make me want to give it back to him but I was taught finders keepers .......  (I'm completely kidding and just causing trouble since I didn't fish today)  ;D

Tomorrow's a different story fortunately  @)
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #84 on: Mar 16, 2019, 06:13 PM »
thank God  you were only kidding ,for a second I thought there  were  two of them lost   :roflmao:

and I think the  old  saying is  don't look a  gift horse in the mouth or  the  seriel numbers on a parking lot pantopix ...... 

the  funny thing I don't  even know  what it is  other then a  glorified  lcd  or  flasher

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Mar 16, 2019, 08:32 PM »
If a police report was filed and it is considered stolen property....maybe you could call your homeowners insurance and file a claim towards it? Just a thought.....
Not covered under a homeowner's policy unless you have an HO 5.  Most people do not have that type of policy.  HO 3 is the standard.  You need to have "all risk" (also known as "open perils") coverage on contents.  HO 3 policy provides "all risk" coverage on the building and other structures, but contents is covered only for specifically named perils.  Leaving something behind is not one of those named perils.

Offline H2O-32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Mar 16, 2019, 08:41 PM »
I never drive my house to the boat launch.

Offline BillyGoat

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I GOT 99 PROBLEMS AND A FISH AIN'T ONE
« Reply #87 on: Mar 16, 2019, 10:22 PM »
we  all hope  the  man gets  his  stuff back ...it's  not  about  empathy   in  fact this  guy hasn't  blamed  anyone ......it's  about  everyone  else  demonizing   someone that "may" have  found it  and blaming  him  and  avoiding the horror in truth ... it's  the owners  fault  for  leaving it ....maybe  he  did  forget it loading or  maybe  he left it on the  bumper or  roof!  maybe he left it out on the lake   and yes  maybe  alcohol was involved.......but i'm not  going to  lie  and  say awwwwwwww   poor   fisherman   didn't pay attention  and  lost  his  equipment   ,nope  tell you the same thing I told  my son  when  he left his  fishing pole  leaning next to a tree and it was  gone  when he went  back ......  that's  to  bad son  .... buy a  new one  with your paper  money ....... best to learn  lifes  lessons  before  they are  expensive ..... take care  of  your  ......stuff

Agree, the guy who found it better use it also.

Offline gitthegaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Fish on"
« Reply #88 on: Mar 17, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Whats funny about this hole post is, the Guy that Lost it isn't even on ice shanty! He had someone else put the post up for him, His Name is Mike, I fished with him out there , Mudd Bay! He drove from where he lost the Unit, 7 miles to his camp. Realized it right then that it was not with his stuff, as he brings it in to charge,Got back in the truck and drove back , Very fast I might add. He was gone a total of 15 minutes and it was gone when he got there. I'm only righting this because I no first Hand.

Mikes # if anyone can help him is 201-334-6670
Paul

Offline ditchrunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Mar 17, 2019, 07:17 AM »
The only help I can offer him is write it off, SHE GONE!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.