New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lost Pantopix (Not mine)  (Read 10417 times)

Offline FishnChef

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lost Pantopix (Not mine)
« on: Feb 24, 2019, 01:14 PM »
It's up over on Lake Ontario United someone left a pantopix at the Mud Bay launch within the last day or two but didn't see it up here as well figured this would be a better spot for it. I would imagine they can be contacted on Lake Ontario United

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lost Pantopix (Not mine)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Lol he will never see that unit again

Offline Jcirigliano3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2019, 02:12 PM »
Sad to say, there goes 1400 bucks.  How do folks leave stuff behind packing up?  If I owned one, it'd be strapped into my kid's car seat.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Sad to say, there goes 1400 bucks.  How do folks leave stuff behind packing up?  If I owned one, it'd be strapped into my kid's car seat, strapped in.

Yep, my marcum never leaves my hand and is first thing loaded and I always double check to make sure I have everything.

Offline FishnChef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Yeah myfishfinder always rides shotgun so I can't miss it whether I'm on my way to go fishing or coming back from going fishing and that's with a eight-year-old lx5. Girlfriend doesn't understand why she has to ride in the backseat when she comes with but that's another matter LOL

Offline ditchrunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2019, 03:38 PM »
Probly have to be one hell of a reward for someone to give up a $1400 find like that. Oh well true knowledge comes from pain they always say.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2019, 04:01 PM »
Lol he will never see that unit again

Don't be so sure.
I gave a brand new flx 18 back once through this site and I've heard of other items returned as well.
Fishermen are very good at helping others
Thieves are something different .

Keep the update it helps to spread the word

Offline caliking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GOTTA GET EM' WHILE THE WATER COLD THEY HARD.....
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2019, 04:33 PM »
We all throw 5-10 bucks in and get the poor fella a new one.. everybody always has their .02 cents to put in on this site.. let's step up as fellow sportsmen and help the guy out. I ain't just saying it.. somebody set up something up that is guaranteed to go to that person n I'll be the first one to throw up a 20 spot.. I'd be sick, wouldn't wanna be around me for a week or three i know that for sure. But we all lose stuff n forget things sometimes it's just part of fishing. I know you perfect people don't ever mess up but us normal folks do.. I'd love to hear a great ending to this story

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2019, 04:33 PM »
I had a wallet with over 600 bucks in it mailed to me  from a waitress  nothing missing  ,yes I drove  back  had lunch and  tipped her  a couple hundred and told her thank you so much.....there are  not just honest people  there are moral people

Offline caliking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2019, 04:41 PM »
I bet most of us have a story about a lost item or similar situation over the years.. and I'm not the nicest person in the world but i was raised by a good woman who taught me the way things go and the whole "treat others the way u wanna be treated" thing is for real.. just put yourself in that situation at that very moment n think about that fellow icefisherman or woman .. that empty feeling.. No Good! Trap u gotta get out with me n the boys one of these days we would stir it up good I tell ya!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2019, 04:59 PM »
cali I would love too

Offline caliking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2019, 05:01 PM »
I only fish once a day Trap.. 😊

Offline mdm25549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2019, 09:13 PM »
Could you post link to this on LOU I’m having trouble finding it

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Feb 25, 2019, 05:26 AM »
I had to run downstairs and make sure mine was still there! 

Offline Fihaddict

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 25, 2019, 08:03 AM »
I am the guy who lost it(not a joke). Please contact my if you know its whereabouts. I left it past Friday night at DEC parking of Mud bay lot. There was only one car left there when I was leaving. I run back in less than one hour but it was gone!
Born to fish. Forced to work.

Offline Fihaddict

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 25, 2019, 02:03 PM »
Stupid me. It was Saturday night when it happened. I spoke to DEC officer and he said there were 3 local guys' car only left on the lot when I was leaving.

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 25, 2019, 02:36 PM »
Stupid me. It was Saturday night when it happened. I spoke to DEC officer and he said there were 3 local guys' car only left on the lot when I was leaving.

They may not be on IS. Maybe your only chance is to put a sign up at the lot and maybe somewhere the locals might gather. Put you phone # on it-maybe a reward? Good luck.

luv2fish2

« Reply #17 on: Feb 25, 2019, 03:21 PM »
chaumont hardware seems to get alot of lost and found ck with them

Offline Jcirigliano3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2019, 04:00 PM »
Keep your eye on Marketplace and Craigslist bud.  Hope that's not the case and someone comes through with info.

Offline milo44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 25, 2019, 04:46 PM »
what parking lot were you in the one by the road or the water   i was there sat. night also   talked with dec that night

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 25, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Truly sorry for your circumstances. When I talk to people on the ice around 85% do not know about ICE SHANTY!!!!!! WOW!!! They have fancy phones and gadgets but not the most important tool at their disposal. In this day and age I find that ridiculous. You can't always blame the locals it's the uninformed and lowlife which do this. Keep your head up and listen to good intentions here and maybe it will be returned. If you filled out the warranty tag you can contact the manufacture to let them know of your situation. Good Luck and keep fishing.....
      Kim :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Fihaddict

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2019, 05:57 PM »
I was on upper lot by the road. I later spoke to DEC officer and he told me that as they were leaving there were 3 local guys dragging their geas up the road to upper lot where they had a car parked. There were no other cars or trailers as I and my friend recall. They must have been the ones? having it. Tried to contact Greg from Chaumont hardware but it looks like they lost phone land line, will try tomorrow.

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2019, 06:04 PM »
Truly sorry for your circumstances. When I talk to people on the ice around 85% do not know about ICE SHANTY!!!!!! WOW!!! They have fancy phones and gadgets but not the most important tool at their disposal. In this day and age I find that ridiculous. You can't always blame the locals it's the uninformed and lowlife which do this. Keep your head up and listen to good intentions here and maybe it will be returned. If you filled out the warranty tag you can contact the manufacture to let them know of your situation. Good Luck and keep fishing.....
      Kim :tipup:
Lots of people aren't into social media and chat sites. Not sure why that is rediculous. Not everyone relies on this site for ice fishing needs. Some people check lakes themselves for ice reports. Some people fish the lake instead of asking how is the fishing before they go. A lot of people don't feel need to post the fish they catch on the internet. I'm not surprised at all people have no clue about this site.

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 25, 2019, 06:11 PM »
Lots of people aren't into social media and chat sites. Not sure why that is rediculous. Not everyone relies on this site for ice fishing needs. Some people check lakes themselves for ice reports. Some people fish the lake instead of asking how is the fishing before they go. A lot of people don't feel need to post the fish they catch on the internet. I'm not surprised at all people have no clue about this site.

Well, excuuuuuse ME! Lol

But on a more humble note, I am super bummed to hear of such an expensive item being lost.. and I do hope its returned to you.

Being that it is a Garmin with advanced GPS and what not, doesnt it share its location automatically and could possibly be located that way??? Just a shot in the dark but if garmin could verify which unit is yours out in the field and find its location via GPS... that'd be pretty cool.... maybe I need another beer....

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 25, 2019, 06:17 PM »

Well, excuuuuuse ME! Lol

But on a more humble note, I am super bummed to hear of such an expensive item being lost.. and I do hope its returned to you.

Being that it is a Garmin with advanced GPS and what not, doesnt it share its location automatically and could possibly be located that way??? Just a shot in the dark but if garmin could verify which unit is yours out in the field and find its location via GPS... that'd be pretty cool.... maybe I need another beer....
Lol. I'm just saying people always look at me funny when I say I'm not on Facebook or Instagram or Snapchat. It like it's not normal if your not on any social media or into chat sites.
 I would be sick to my stomach if lost any electronics. I threw a temper tantrum when broke the tip off my 20 dollar rod. hopefully he gets it back

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 25, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Do you ask people while going off the ice during a conversation if they ever heard of this site?? It would seem natural if they were skunked or lost in their efforts to ice fish that someone could give the some sound advice or steer them some place. As far as social media and not trying to stir something up, Why do people have their heads buried in their phones wherever they go?? If not social media what is it?? Phones are a media that people socialize with other people without ever actually meeting them. It all depends on how you want to interpret it. Lets not hijack this thread for the reason it was intended. Someone lost something and wants it back...............
      Kim
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Feb 25, 2019, 06:38 PM »
say what?

Offline BillyGoat

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I GOT 99 PROBLEMS AND A FISH AIN'T ONE
« Reply #27 on: Feb 25, 2019, 07:39 PM »

Well, excuuuuuse ME! Lol

2x 

Offline bigdub22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Feb 26, 2019, 04:45 AM »
Gear a drift is gear a gift!

Offline Fifield_Outf

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 26, 2019, 06:33 AM »
That would be pretty cool if you could track it with the ping off of the gps. You ping it and the people are using it and you walk up to them and say do you mind if I take my 2,000.00 fishing electronic back or should I wait til your done using it. 😂😂😂😂
May your tip up flags fly high!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.