Author Topic: Another fish finder thread  (Read 917 times)

Offline idaho-grizz

• IceShanty Rookie
Another fish finder thread
« on: Dec 15, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Been thinking about buying my first ice fishing fish finder. I been looking at a striker 4. Lately I been thinking about taking my hook 5 out of boat and get the ice bag to turn it into my fish finder for  the ice Which would work best on the ice Thanks

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Another fish finder thread
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2018, 06:35 PM »
Since you already have the Hook just get a battery, fab up a simple rig for testing and give it a shot.  If you like it get a case and ice ducer, if not try something else.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2018, 07:01 AM »
Since you already have the Hook just get a battery, fab up a simple rig for testing and give it a shot.  If you like it get a case and ice ducer, if not try something else.

I agree. See how it goes. It may work just fine for you and save you money on an ice finder.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2018, 12:48 PM »
yeah that probably will work fine.  i like the mechanical flashers on the ice over the lcd units i've used (helix/lx6/i67c) but to each their own.

my only complaint typically is fishing around other people.  many of the lcd units go nuts and are hard to clear out when around other flashers. 

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2018, 01:08 PM »
yeah that probably will work fine.  i like the mechanical flashers on the ice over the lcd units i've used (helix/lx6/i67c) but to each their own.

my only complaint typically is fishing around other people.  many of the lcd units go nuts and are hard to clear out when around other flashers.

Had that last year when I was suing my vex with 2 of my buddies using Marcums. Interference that was bad.

Now I use a garmin and my buddies uses a lx7 and a lowrance. The lowrance showed interference. The garmin and lx7 were fine.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.