The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Devils lake, ND  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The measure of a man is how he carries himself"
Devils lake, ND
« on: Dec 04, 2018, 12:17 AM »
Have been wanting to head out there for years, thinking this may be the year.... Just wanted to hit any of you all that have been out that ways for any pointers, preferred timeframes etc.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Super stoked about this year! Should be making ice this week!!!!

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Devils lake, ND
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2018, 06:16 AM »
Get a Panoptix and do what these guys did.

Seemed to work well.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2018, 12:40 PM »
HOYEE SHYT, I want one!!!  but i better do one of those "go fund me" thingamajobs....  when did they come out with that? My LX6 will have to suffice, lol. great video, thanks for sharing though! Now I definitely want to go out there... THIS YEAR!

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2018, 12:42 PM »
I have been out there twice and am going back in mid January this season. My first trip was over New Years weekend of 2016. It was a late freeze so still considered early ice, no trucks driving out yet. We went with the Perch Patrol the first day and did well on Stump Lake, the 2nd day we were in a hard house thru Woodland Resort for walleyes and did well in the morning and evening (dead sea mid day)

My 2nd trip out there was mid March of 2018, did 2 days with the Perch Patrol. the first day we just walleye fished, did ok but not good, very slow afternoon and they only made 1 move during the day. The 2nd day we walleye fished in the morning and it was slow, then went perch fishing and that was slow. We marked a lot of fish but they just didnt want to bite. There were so many shrimp for them to eat and also, the winter was long and there hadnt been any melting yet out there so it wasnt late ice yet

This upcoming trip in mid January, I am going with a friend that hasnt been there before and we are going without a guide. Between my past 2 trips there and a lot of research around structure and water levels over the years (google earth), I feel I have enough spots to try that we will find some fish out there. Worst case, there is a group that posts/sells GPS spots every few days based on their daily experience

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2018, 08:36 PM »
thanks for the info bigstorm, talking with a bud earlier at the tavern we are thinking towards the end of Feb.  need to start looking into hotels/resorts etc....

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2018, 02:03 PM »
I highly recommend big johns guide service. Great guy and the lunch he fixed was really good to. Fished New Years for a couple of days with him.  Feel free to p m me can tell u more.   Mark :tipup:

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2018, 03:55 PM »
THanks, Mark. I will try to shoot you a note later on..... tight lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.