The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Visiting La Crosse all week, what are some go-to spots?  (Read 757 times)

Offline offshoredrilling

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey all, I'm flying out of Chicago to LaCrosse this afternoon and going to be spending my week there until Friday night. I'll be free at 3PM every day and plan to get out for an hour or two before the sun goes down.  I'm staying downtown and have limited equipment with me. Any recommendations on places with solid ice, close by? Im going to hop on google maps and try to find some spots otherwise.

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Visiting La Crosse all week, what are some go-to spots?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:45 PM »
There are only a few spots fishable and they got kinda sketchy over the weekend but should be making ice this week.  The closest places to downtown are the bay at the LaCrosse Boat Club and the lagoon at Pettibone Park.  I know guys were out at the boat club but not sure about the park.  Most people have been fishing off the end of Fisherman's Rd. as thats generally the most dependable early ice.  Also check your PMs.

One other spot close to downtown I almost forgot about is the LaCrosse Municipal Boat Harbor, I don't fish it much but it's a small protected area so probably has ice.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline slaburns

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2018, 10:54 AM »
Lake Onalaska, Stodderd, and Genoa but have no idea about ice conditions

Offline offshoredrilling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2018, 05:35 PM »
I made it to Lauderdale north bay today for a couple hours. Landed 15 fish before I got too cold. All bluegill, two that were 8-9” and the rest relatively small.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.