The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Got off the Schneid!  (Read 737 times)

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
Got off the Schneid!
« on: Dec 02, 2018, 07:39 PM »
Me and ol dad were able to knock the dust off the ice fishing gear and get a handful of fish topside. We wanted browns but ended up finding ling and rainbows. Ended up
With 2 rainbows landed and 3 ling. Missed plenty of opportunities and figured out what the trout wanted at 10:00. Had a fun filled hour and a half chasing rods and missing bites until the bite died. It was fun regardless!

Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Lets fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Got off the Schneid!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2018, 07:48 PM »
Nicely done never seen any one fish that place other than the dam area  :-\

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2018, 07:59 PM »
I think it has potential further north. If you give it a shot up there be careful. Some "wet spots" that can easily get covered up this week. Hopeful that it's just some overflow but with only 6" of ice it can turn into a thin spot quick. One nasty pressure ridge already too.
Trent Williams

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:14 AM »
Nicely done never seen any one fish that place other than the dam area  :-\

Big Sandy I assume?
Its been a a dozen years or so at least, but we fished it a few times about 1/3 or 1/2 the way down the lake from the dam, on the east side.  Caught fish every time, I lost a burbot at the hole with a head that was almost as big around as the 10" hole!!!  That was a weird day, I was the only one getting bit, and that huge one came in about 3' of water....

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2018, 09:16 AM »
Proper assumption. It's the only game around hahaha. Tried to hit ocean this morning but I turned around in Rock Springs due to the storm. Speed limit was down to 45 mph and I didn't want to deal with south pass.

I simply wish I would've changed it up sooner for the trout. Being stubborn in my old ways cost us a few fish. However, 5 fish topside was better than I honestly could've expected. Not to mention the countless short biters on the dead sticks and handful of misses.
Trent Williams

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.