Author Topic: Lithium Battery?  (Read 9330 times)

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lithium Battery?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 21, 2018, 10:26 PM »
Dakota makes a 20aH, but I'm holding out hope that we have another ice shanty group buy on the 10aH this year. I'd definitely buy another!

Here's the 20aH: https://www.dakotalithiumbattery.com/12v-20ah-trolling-motor-vortex

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Sep 22, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Dakota makes a 20aH, but I'm holding out hope that we have another ice shanty group buy on the 10aH this year. I'd definitely buy another!

Here's the 20aH: https://www.dakotalithiumbattery.com/12v-20ah-trolling-motor-vortex

That battery is rather bulky, don’t think it’ll fit in the spot for the battery. The 12ah battery it comes with is 6x3.9x3.8inch according to the specs online.

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Sep 22, 2018, 10:15 AM »
I don’t use a traditional shuttle, and have the sonar mounted to the sled of my Flip-over. Currently looking at this as a potential “whole house” power source:

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-72000mAh-Portable-External-Technology/dp/B0791WDZTW?th=1

At 266Wh, I think that it translates into about 22Ah @ 12V?

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Sep 23, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Geez man maybe you should just bring a portable generator- :P
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #34 on: Sep 23, 2018, 10:18 AM »
Just curious, what are you thinking to power with 20 or 22 ah?

One 5ah 18V Li-ion powers my flasher for 12 hours, and still has half a charge left.  Weighs 1.6 lbs.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Sep 23, 2018, 12:52 PM »
Just curious, what are you thinking to power with 20 or 22 ah?

One 5ah 18V Li-ion powers my flasher for 12 hours, and still has half a charge left.  Weighs 1.6 lbs.

Panoptix is pretty power hungry if you're running a Garmin!

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Sep 23, 2018, 01:36 PM »
Panoptix is pretty power hungry if you're running a Garmin!
Ditto, I got last years ice package.

Offline Handy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Sep 23, 2018, 02:01 PM »
Bigassbassman what is you run time using the fuel batt adapter? I have a ton of Bosch batts for work and they do make a similiar adapter so that could be an easy thing to reduce weight.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #38 on: Sep 23, 2018, 03:35 PM »
Bigassbassman what is you run time using the fuel batt adapter? I have a ton of Bosch batts for work and they do make a similiar adapter so that could be an easy thing to reduce weight.
I use one of my 5ah 18v batts all day for my Marcum Lx-3tc, and still have half a charge left.  I use another 5ah 18v in my Fuel/Clam plate/8” Mora all day hole-hopping, drill tons, never run out of juice. Then have a third 5ah batt as backup.  If Bosch makes a power adapter, it’s worth a try!
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Handy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Sep 23, 2018, 05:39 PM »
Bigassbassman I looked up the current draw for my Helix 7 and they claim 850 milliamps. The Bosche adapter is capable of 2.4 amps if I recall correctly. I do have the smaller batts but I ussualy only go for 2-3 hours and could take a spare and still be less weight than my current lead acid battery for the Helix. But if there is another Dakota buy in I might be able to participate this year. Wanted to last year but the funds just weren't there.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Sep 27, 2018, 09:53 AM »
For those that use the milwaukee fuel battery on your flasher or in particular an LX7, does the less weight in the battery area make the shuttle want to tip forward when hoping from hole to hole with the ducer hanging? That is my only fear of going this route so wanting some feedback. thanks

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #42 on: Sep 27, 2018, 02:48 PM »
For those that use the milwaukee fuel battery on your flasher or in particular an LX7, does the less weight in the battery area make the shuttle want to tip forward when hoping from hole to hole with the ducer hanging? That is my only fear of going this route so wanting some feedback. thanks

I use the fuel 4ah in a Marcum LX-5. No tipping issues at all.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline MidwestHoleHoppin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Sep 28, 2018, 02:22 PM »

I have used the Milwaukee 5.0 battery in my LX7 and it does tip to the front pretty bad with the transducer hanging from the transducer arm. It helps quite a bit to put the ducer in the storage location when moving from hole to hole but still tips forward some.  This is when lifting from the fabric bag strap. If you reach inside the rear access port of the bag and hold on to the plastic “handle” of the head unit mount it greatly improves the balance of the unit. I am thinking of making a handle that mounts to the gimbal system to see if that helps improve the balance.  If I am able to improve the balance I will post the mod.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Sep 28, 2018, 07:55 PM »
I just brought in a second order of the Dakota lithium’s to Manitoba. Everyone’s been very happy with them so far. Fast shipping out of grand forks, nd, and really good customer service.

Offline Sharkbait22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 28, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Any other places in Canada that we can find them? I'm in Ontario.  Shipping from the company in the us was >$50! Plus surprise duties. Thanks

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #46 on: Dec 29, 2018, 12:32 PM »
For those new to lithium batteries. To get the full ah rating of a lipo 4 battery they need to be charged with a charger designed for it. A standard lead acid charger will not charge it to its full capacity.
For what it’s worth regardless of what is written I feel it is best  to go with what the company, any company suggests works best with their products. Having used non product specific chargers for the product, they work but just feel more comfortable using what the company sells?
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.