Author Topic: Garmin prep!  (Read 1782 times)

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
Garmin prep!
« on: Sep 12, 2018, 04:25 AM »
Well got me a Garmin echomap plus 73cv and the LiveScope.  Now to get it all bundled up in a soft pack so can get it out on the boat to play with.  I'm going to start out with just a single 12ah sla battery and see what kinda run time I can get out of it.  I did buy a four pack of these for on the ice.  I will probably wire up a power source off of a cigarette lighter plug for on the boat...after I figure out the run time of the 12ah bat.  Anybody else gone thru this yet or planning on doing it?
]

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Garmin prep!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2018, 06:34 AM »
 What I was told about the size of the black box made it seem like it would be way too impractical to use for ice fishing. I opted for the ps22 instead since there is a ice package for it already and got it a month ago. Please keep us updated on how it works out. I still kinda wish I waited to see how this would work.

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2018, 05:15 AM »
I got my LiveScope soft pack pretty well set.  Running it with a 12ah sla battery and have a quick connect wired in for a cigarette lighter connection.  I ran it for an HR n half in the garage and saw only a loss of 0.5 volts, the LiveScope was connected.  No real heat seemed to be produced by the black box, the transducer does get slightly warm.  The reading started at 55°(temp in garage) and after hr n half was around 70°.  Not sure if power consumption will go up with on water/ice use or not. Pretty pleased with the set-up using the clam gear/flasher bag.

]

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2018, 07:43 AM »
I saw a unit done up by the Garmin rep and he had used 2 Dakota lithium batteries. Said they would work over 12 hours at 100% screen brightness. He had a larger screen. It was awesome.

He used the same portable case as the Panoptix Ice Kit. He put the Livescope behind the display and anchored it with tie wraps. It was very clean and small.

I love your set-up and it looks very functional. I think I am going to get a system myself. I am beginning to get tired of wiping up all the drool beneath my chair when I look at the videos of what it can do.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2018, 03:15 PM »
Was he able to get both bats in the case together?  I am itching to get this thing out in the boat...may not even fish...just play.
]

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2018, 02:42 PM »
Very nice set-up! I’m working on converting a small cooler into a Panoptix shuttle.

Please post any updates on LiveScope…especially how it does on jig tracking….I have a feeling I’m really going to regret not waiting for LiveScope. Oh well, maybe next year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.