Author Topic: Thought I would share my PIctures of a Brown i just caught Almost.  (Read 1764 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Got him to the boat and had my hand on him. Then he shook loose and snapped the line.  I would say he was 26-28". If you look close his eyes are about the size of my thumb nails. My fist would fit in his mouth.

<===Lefty===

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Oh my gosh!!! NOOOO!!!  What a trophy that would have been!  So sorry.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
I'm not sorry I would have released it anyway. My wife on the other hand said it would go on our wall if she caught it.
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
<===Lefty===

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Great video.  Maybe you should've used your 'righty' to land him though.  ;D

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
Or a net.   ;D

<{{{{{ °>
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Got me a net for next time.
<===Lefty===

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
They're not much use on the ice, but for open water I suggest you have a net that will accommodate the largest fish you hope to catch.  Kinda like drillin' a hole big enough to get the biggest fish through the ice.

<{{{{{ °>
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Less filming and more landing....    ;)      ;D ;D ;D
Nice fish....   :thumbsup: :clap:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
Length girth picture and realease then replica mounts every one wins 😁
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That one will sting a bit. Really enjoyed the video. The music choice was awesome! I haven’t heard MMJ in years, one of my favorites.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
That's a tough one Lefty.  They are definitely in there...if my assumption is correct. Had a similar experience through the ice 15 years ago.  Some of the blue and red spots were the size of dimes. The biggest Brownie I have ever hooked up with.   Any chance it was in the In the vicinity of IB?   

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
That's a tough one Lefty.  They are definitely in there...if my assumption is correct. Had a similar experience through the ice 15 years ago.  Some of the blue and red spots were the size of dimes. The biggest Brownie I have ever hooked up with.   Any chance it was in the In the vicinity of IB?   
Not sure what IB is! So no it wasn't.
<===Lefty===

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
They're not much use on the ice, but for open water I suggest you have a net that will accommodate the largest fish you hope to catch.  Kinda like drillin' a hole big enough to get the biggest fish through the ice.

<{{{{{ °>
Years ago, my Dad laughed at the size of the net I bought for our first King Salmon trip.....Until we hooked our first King! ;D
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
Not sure what IB is! So no it wasn't.
Iola Basin

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
That was a nice Brown Lefty!  :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Iola Basin
Oh yea Iola. No it wasn't in the Blue Mesa although you would think that is where the big ones are. Grand Mesa.
<===Lefty===

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
That's a nice fish! 

The guys I fished with always give me crap for always bringing a net.  I don't care if it's for crappie fishing or catfishing.  A net is must for me.  How many times did that big one at the tip of my fingers, boat edge or a few feet from shore got away.  And yes, sometimes I thought I had the fish securely lip held and they somehow still wiggle away. Not anymore with a net.

For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
That's a nice fish! 

The guys I fished with always give me crap for always bringing a net.  I don't care if it's for crappie fishing or catfishing.  A net is must for me.  How many times did that big one at the tip of my fingers, boat edge or a few feet from shore got away.  And yes, sometimes I thought I had the fish securely lip held and they somehow still wiggle away. Not anymore with a net.

X2.  Will not leave the dock without the net.  I’ll leave without beer before I’ll leave without the net. Have yelled too many G’ dammits and SOBs! to ever leave the net home again!  ;D

DN

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
I did go out and buy a net, now I just need a big fish to use it on. LOL
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.