Author Topic: Evil plans for next year  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Evil plans for next year
« on: Mar 30, 2018, 12:53 PM »
I fished for the last time yesterday. So it's time to begin preparing for next ice season. Things I need for next season: more tipups, 10" auger,  chub tank in garage, tip downs. The fish get the summer off to grow,, but next year I am coming for them.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Evil plans for next year
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2018, 06:36 AM »
Doesn't sound like they stand a chance next year!!!!   :thumbsup:

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2018, 05:19 PM »
 I need to buy 50 more Lures to go with the other 947 I don’t use.🤪

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Why don't you make it 53 to give you an even 1,000  ???
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2018, 08:40 AM »
Unless this thread is locked to REGISTERED USERS ONLY, I cannot divulge my plans for fear Mrs 52 will intercept them.

Hint: it rhymes with Slamoptix.

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2018, 09:26 AM »
haha, lets just say, save up over the summer and fall, except for a boat that im negotiating a price with my friend for, and then i might be going broke because of "needed" items, which essentially are all ice fishing things
~Good Luck~

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2018, 10:23 AM »
I might go icefishing again this weekend, the weather just won't warm up. I really don't need much money to make my plan work. $500 should cover it, depending on where the chub tank ends up.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2018, 08:28 PM »
Head up to otter tail county still 36 inches of good clear ice.

Thor
Life is short, fish hard!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2018, 11:53 PM »
I made it out once last weekend because of the blizzard and hope to make it out 2 times this week. Ottertail is a pretty good drive for me. I'd have to really want to go to drive that far. I don't hate open water that much.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2018, 09:21 AM »
I am rigging up my 2002 Kawasaki Prairie 650 V Twin for next years ice season. I made two trips up to winni in NH this year and its not really a walking mans game when there is plenty of ice to bring a wheeler out. First thing first I need to buy a hitch receiver for my ATV and it looks like Kolpin makes a 2" for my ATV. Next is the Cabelas Drop Box so i can place my bait, tip ups, and flashers in. After that either just rear chains or both rear and front, V bar 2 link. Finally a digger ice auger carrier for the front of the ATV. This will get me and my old man mobile out on the ice while still being able to fish with tip ups and jigging. I figure i can just bungee my Cabelas rod bag to the front as well. If i can find a good deal somewhere, I would also like to purchase a 2 man flip over so i can tow it with us for rough weather. No idea what to look for but i will be doing some research thats for sure. I dont think i missed anything but if i did, please let me know.
Just add water.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #10 on: Aug 01, 2018, 11:26 AM »
Who's still making plans?  Good/Evil?  ;D
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Aug 01, 2018, 05:45 PM »
8-1-18, charging flasher batts. as i type, ordered maps of brainerd, alexandria area lakes yesterday, started gas auger ,let run for 1/2 hr. will sloowwwly check gear, clothes, rods, reels, jigs, spoons, boots, etc. over the next several months. looking at ads for resorts and checking surveys to see where all i,ll go this season. wire

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2018, 07:53 PM »
Contemplating my first overnight trip. Only have a quickfish 3i, so it would be with one other angler. Hopefully my buddy is willing to take a weekend away from the family.

And need a carbon monoxide detector

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #13 on: Aug 01, 2018, 08:30 PM »
Almost finished putting an extension on the handle of my locator...no more bending over to pick it up. Also attaching 2 rod holders on each side of handle...quick reload of new rod if needed. New drill for my auger. Retractable key ring for my skimmer. Trying to take hole hopping / run and gun to the next level. Now, if I could just learn to ice skate... ;D
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Aug 01, 2018, 09:44 PM »
Contemplating my first overnight trip.

If you go, please post a note in our Camping on the Ice thread!   https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=325954.0

For me, a FF9416i.  Already picked up a couple of new 12V lights.  Should refurbish my old sled, but been saying that for a few years.  An extra pair of socks now that I've identified a favorite kind.  Need to put a coat of linseed oil on the snowmobile trailer.  Two new snowmobile covers. That's a good start.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Aug 02, 2018, 05:09 AM »
Nope, not making any new plans. The old plans are working just fine  :icefish:

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Aug 02, 2018, 06:30 AM »
Going to get a new one man flip over shanty this year, hopefully as an early Christmas present from the wife. No other big purchases anticipated. Just restocking some tungsten jigs and plastics and putting new line on the reels. May invest in a new spud bar. The one I got last year was cheap and doesn't do a very good job of chipping ice compared to my buddies spud bar which is much heavier.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Aug 02, 2018, 09:19 AM »
If you go, please post a note in our Camping on the Ice thread!   https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=325954.0!

For me, a FF9416i.  Already picked up a couple of new 12V lights.  Should refurbish my old sled, but been saying that for a few years.  An extra pair of socks now that I've identified a favorite kind.  Need to put a coat of linseed oil on the snowmobile trailer.  Two new snowmobile covers. That's a good start.

Will do, thanks for the link!

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #18 on: Aug 03, 2018, 03:40 PM »
Definitely an overnighter....that camping on ice link has me stoked....and a new one-man flip over...a man cannot live with only 3 shantys......

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #19 on: Aug 04, 2018, 03:12 AM »
part of my evil live plan...

Avatar photo updated...secret weapon of the bait casting reel for ice fishing.  ;D
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #20 on: Aug 12, 2018, 10:28 AM »
Well, I have my skimmer modified (sorry no pics but will try to describe). I took a "16 piece of aluminum flat stock and attached it (with 2-#6 screws and wing nuts) to the existing handle on the skimmer ( about 1.5"  overlap). I drilled another hole at the top of the extension and attached one of those metal shower curtain hooks. This is clipped to one of those retractable key holders which is attached to the lapel zipper on my coat. This, along with the handle extension I've put on my Vex will all but eliminate the need to bend over... comes in real handy when hole hopping. I can easily remove the skimmer from the curtain hook, take out one of the screws on the extension, fold the extension down a put the screw in another hole that I drilled in the bottom of the handle to put it back to it's original length. Now I can use it inside the shack without the extra length being an issue. Now if I could just figure out a way to "stand up" my auger/drill combo when not in use...but I still have time  ;)
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #21 on: Aug 12, 2018, 02:06 PM »
Well.....here is what I'm up to.

Ice castle is going in to have some warranty work on the siding above my door that cracked replaced.

Since it is going to be up there I'm emailing them to see if they can mount my microwave in spot above the mini fridge I installed permanently so I don't have to put up/take down the microwave. The second thing I'm doing is seein if they can permanently mount my tv and direct tv box in the shack so I don't have to put it up/take it down. The all I need to do is put the dish out and plug in the cable and I'm done with setup.

I'd also like to "upgrade" my clam plate to one with a gear box on it so it turns my 10in mora easier.

Another things is replace my cables on ice castle wheels.

Other then that I'm pretty much ready.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Aug 12, 2018, 10:11 PM »
I'm still hatching and financing my evil plans.... I hope to find a 10" auger for my mud mixer and it's looking like I have around 5 more Fuel/ clam plate/ Mora augers to get assembled before Christmas. Working on a small trailer to wheelhouse conversion project that should make it on to the hard deck this winter. I have found some unfinished tungsten at a more reasonable price this summer and I need to start powder coating them. It sure would help if I could get a break from this 60 hr a week job thing I decided to get..... It's the number #1 thing that's slowing my evil ice fishing plans right now ;D Of course it's financing most of those plans right now too.

Tight lines,
Shoney

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.