New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: big bay  (Read 1238 times)

Offline bigbay crappie buster

• Team IceShanty Regular
big bay
« on: Mar 21, 2018, 11:54 AM »
 I had a chance to get on big bay today, was lonely sole out there . Was all over the bay i was close ,out far ,to point (by the pack ice) to the left and right of the right away . there was any where from 24 turns to 35 turns of a 4 in. nils auger. walking was easy  caught alot of bluegills- not big ,had 1 crappie on lost him at the hole, had a bass and pickeral on ........  plenty of ice for me to get out there a few more times before the warm weather comes.................
fill your buckets with quality not quantity and enjoy the conversations over heard of how good a fisherman you are................... ....

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: big bay
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2018, 05:06 PM »
Thanks crappie buster for that report. I thought it was all done . since I will be in Vernon for the sports show fri, I will make a trip up sat morning .

Offline bigbay crappie buster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2018, 12:19 PM »
contuning my outting, went  out to walnut and shore point today . walked from muskrat bay to walnut solid ice all the way down walked on a snowmoblie trail ice was anywhere from 18 - 24 inches  i don't understand where the fish are.  i caught 4 dink sunnies and 1 pickeral . i left there went to shore point 18 to 20 inches of ice again ,  1 sunny dink and thats it . easy walking but no fish
fill your buckets with quality not quantity and enjoy the conversations over heard of how good a fisherman you are................... ....

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2018, 04:05 PM »
I'll let my son know, he lives in Clay, that Big Bay is possible.  He's been looking to get out a few more times.  This time of the year the gills, sunnies and perch bait should be on fire.  Oh well keep on looking and good luck.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2018, 07:53 PM »
I'd still be careful on big bay  that place was opening up and 2 people went threw  not that long ago ....not telling anyone what to do but I eould  take a spud for sure

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.