New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Black Lake BS Thread  (Read 45039 times)

FISHFORPIKE

Re: Black Lake BS Thread
« Reply #330 on: Dec 17, 2018, 08:52 AM »
Called and talked to the owner at Black Lake Marine yesterday.  He is open mornings and afternoons.  Has the pay for access in place and operational.  Providing off-road parking, Portapotty, free coffee and warmups in the store while open.  Has video surveilance in place and is recording all activity.
Too frigg'n bad it had to come to this extreme.

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #331 on: Dec 19, 2018, 10:53 AM »
What part of the lake is he located on?
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #332 on: Dec 19, 2018, 11:57 AM »
That's what I thought, Great place.
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline pikenforcer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • To fish or not to fish, that is the question!
« Reply #333 on: Dec 20, 2018, 06:10 PM »
I don't even know what to say. Actually am speechless. LOL. This really is no surprise with the amount of abuse Rollaway Bay has been seeing over the years due to it being one of the first places to freeze. I've never seen so much garbage left on the ice, people getting drunk (and yes driving home), dropping F bombs in front of their kids like there's no tomorrow, and taking as many fish (including short fish) as they can. I stopped fishing there last year cause I got sick of all the BS. If that access does get cut off it probably would be a good thing. It'll weed out some of the bad seed. Yeah right. If you listen close you can hear a sigh of relief from the fish in Black Lake. And I will agree, it sucks for those who are true sportsman and treat the lake with respect. Sadly it seems like the true sportsman are being out numbered and are suffering the consequences. That being said.. good luck this year and tight lines! May the fish gods treat you well.

Offline Rynofirefighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #334 on: Dec 20, 2018, 06:46 PM »
How many and where is there public access? my buddies and I usually make a yearly trip there. We may have to go to some place else been doing it for years as a tradition. Looking like we have to start memories some place else and take the the money we pay at Chapman's and the cabins we rent around the lake. And yes we would have a group of men and women we would always have to clean other people mess that was there before us. It's too bad!

Offline manitron2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #335 on: Dec 20, 2018, 06:58 PM »
I don't even know what to say. Actually am speechless. LOL. This really is no surprise with the amount of abuse Rollaway Bay has been seeing over the years due to it being one of the first places to freeze. I've never seen so much garbage left on the ice, people getting drunk (and yes driving home), dropping F bombs in front of their kids like there's no tomorrow, and taking as many fish (including short fish) as they can. I stopped fishing there last year cause I got sick of all the BS. If that access does get cut off it probably would be a good thing. It'll weed out some of the bad seed. Yeah right. If you listen close you can hear a sigh of relief from the fish in Black Lake. And I will agree, it sucks for those who are true sportsman and treat the lake with respect. Sadly it seems like the true sportsman are being out numbered and are suffering the consequences. That being said.. good luck this year and tight lines! May the fish gods treat you well.

Unfortunately,that is the norm for the country that we live in today.Be happy that you lived in a time before the greed and entitlement took over.
Get off the fence and protect your rights!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #336 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:29 PM »
Ryno, you can still get on at Rollaway, parking there is the issue.  If you are renting on the lake, you can get on at those locations.  Chapman will let you on at his place and the state boat launch is always plowed out (though a long ways from any good ice fishing) need a machine from there and most of the camps you might rent, including Chapmans.  I guess it depends on what conditions are and how much walking you want to do.
The local fish and game club is working with officials on the parking situation at Rollaway, don't think we will see any solutions this year, maybe in the future.

Offline Rynofirefighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #337 on: Dec 27, 2018, 11:26 AM »
Is the lake atv ready?

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #338 on: Dec 27, 2018, 11:31 AM »

Phil coming across , the river right now might be totally unsafe

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #339 on: Dec 27, 2018, 11:32 AM »
Not sure about the whole lake.  I have seen some ATVs out in the bays.  Chapman may answer your question.
There are some areas on that lake I would never drive an ATV.  I avoid them like the plague.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #340 on: Dec 27, 2018, 11:36 AM »

Yes sir , Chapman would be the go to guy

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #341 on: Dec 27, 2018, 09:14 PM »
Sounds like wild times in Phil's neck of the woods.. i think i will just stay over here yonder!!  :o :o

Offline Hunter44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #342 on: Dec 28, 2018, 08:04 AM »
I think Manitron2 hit the nail on the head ENTITLEMENT

Offline bills25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #343 on: Jan 02, 2019, 08:11 PM »
I'm headed upto to black lake in February, I've never fished the lake we are bringing atvs and have electronics.  My question is we will be fishing for 2 days for crappie or perch whatever we can get find.  My question is what do you think the possibilities of locating  fish only being there for a days. And from your experience is it more of a numbers lake or size for perch and crappie.   Just wondering what to expect?

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #344 on: Jan 02, 2019, 08:24 PM »
I'm headed upto to black lake in February, I've never fished the lake we are bringing atvs and have electronics.  My question is we will be fishing for 2 days for crappie or perch whatever we can get find.  My question is what do you think the possibilities of locating  fish only being there for a days. And from your experience is it more of a numbers lake or size for perch and crappie.   Just wondering what to expect?

Well from my limited experience on the lake, i can tell you that if you do find them, you will be wading through a lot of shorts.

Offline gillmaster77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #345 on: Jan 03, 2019, 08:34 AM »
I plan on going to Black Lake on Sunday. I’m wondering where the best place to access is and what I should expect. Thanks for any information.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #346 on: Jan 03, 2019, 08:34 AM »
FYI - Fish Creek Bait and Tackle has large sucker minnows for sale.  He gets them directly from Black Lake.  Great bait shop.  He is located about 2 miles out of Pope Mills on Rt.58; just before the Rollaway Bay turn.

Offline jigger-team hamlin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #347 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:25 PM »
Is the Black lake marine open? Or is there a box to put money in to have access?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #348 on: Jan 03, 2019, 07:23 PM »
Is the Black lake marine open? Or is there a box to put money in to have access?
Open, at least in the mornings.  There is a number posted to call.

Offline RedWasp311

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #349 on: Jan 03, 2019, 07:24 PM »
You need to pay the lady working the bait shop and get a slip for access.

Offline Pullinslabs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #350 on: Jan 03, 2019, 08:38 PM »
Was thinking of driving up here Saturday just because I don't know of any other ice. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive, am I wasting my time? Is there a place nearby to buy a new York license? Any input would be much appreciated!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #351 on: Jan 04, 2019, 04:50 AM »
Was thinking of driving up here Saturday just because I don't know of any other ice. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive, am I wasting my time? Is there a place nearby to buy a new York license? Any input would be much appreciated!
In my opinion, if you heading up there to "catch fish" it may be a waste of time.  However, if you are heading out to enjoy a day on the ice, cut some holes and chance some catching, you will enjoy it. 
The bait store you are talking about sells licenses and so does the other bait store on the lake, Chapmans.  Chapman can give you some info on the fish and where you might go.
Enjoy the day, Black Lake isa great body of water.

Offline ShaneO19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #352 on: Jan 05, 2019, 01:08 AM »
Fish Creek bait and tackle is having an ice fishing tournament  Saturday the 12th.   Would like to see them get a good turnout. I can post links later for info on it but check out their Facebook page for details.

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #353 on: Jan 05, 2019, 02:37 PM »
Fish Creek bait and tackle is having an ice fishing tournament  Saturday the 12th.   Would like to see them get a good turnout. I can post links later for info on it but check out their Facebook page for details.

If i got to fish creek next Saturday is there a place to get on ice right there or would we have to drive to another place.   Thanks dont fish black but would like to bring my daughter up.  Could walk out or bring small or big atv if ice good. 
Just enjoying life

Offline Duskwalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #354 on: Jan 05, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Couple of buddies and myself wanna make the trip to Black Lake. Sounds like the ice is safe but I wanna be sure. Can anyone please get me a number and let me know if there’s any places to watch out for?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #355 on: Jan 06, 2019, 04:07 AM »
If i got to fish creek next Saturday is there a place to get on ice right there or would we have to drive to another place.   Thanks dont fish black but would like to bring my daughter up.  Could walk out or bring small or big atv if ice good.

For the derby, only; Joe (Fish Creek Bait and Tackle) has access to the lake.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #356 on: Jan 06, 2019, 04:10 AM »
Couple of buddies and myself wanna make the trip to Black Lake. Sounds like the ice is safe but I wanna be sure. Can anyone please get me a number and let me know if there’s any places to watch out for?
Call Chapman's Sport Shop on the lake - (315) 324-5265.  They can give you updated info on ice conditions.

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #357 on: Jan 06, 2019, 03:26 PM »
For the derby, only; Joe (Fish Creek Bait and Tackle) has access to the lake.

Thank you fishforpike.  Will you be fishing Saturday
Just enjoying life

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #358 on: Jan 06, 2019, 03:45 PM »
Thank you fishforpike.  Will you be fishing Saturday
Helping out Joe with his derby.

Offline bgaffney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #359 on: Jan 06, 2019, 03:56 PM »
Fishfor pike do you have registration fee and prize catagories yet?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.