Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607611 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12240 on: Apr 16, 2018, 07:46 AM »
Good morning 9:45ers ,steady rain here currently we did have a period of sleet last night.
Tom Turkey safe travel and may all go well with wife's surgery .
Whopper Stopper has the snow stopped hope winds have also died off or you maybe cleaning drive way more then once today. Did you check to see if bus service was running today before dropping of your wife
IFF depending on surface area of lake contest was held at sixty is a good number of boats.
Eddie hope you were able to open doors on your truck and had a safe ride to work .
Wallyworld may your electric power stay on , agree about the freezing rain many drivers only think roadway is wet until they have to make a sudden stop.
Ice Wanderer glad you were able to take your wife out to dinner for her birthday.

Have a safe and good Monday everyone.
Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12241 on: Apr 16, 2018, 08:14 AM »
32 this morning. Will we ever see the Sun?

Got the ice off the cars.

Eddie, the lake is coming up but not very fast. Still has about 11 feet to go to get to normal May 1st levels. The ice is starting to look grey so some rain should take care of that. It has been so cold that I haven't even checked to see if any walleyes are in the river or streams.

Have a good Monday everyone...h1l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12242 on: Apr 16, 2018, 10:05 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

The sun has finally come out and the winds have died off. They are saying a high today around 36, but supposedly by next week we will be knocking on 55.

Last night we picked up another 4"-5" making a total of 19" for the two days. By midnight Sunday the crash totals were kind of impressive with over 600 crashes, some 1100 spin outs, and 81 semis jackknifed for the 2 day total.

This morning as they were running down the closed school announcements it would have been easier to list the ones open rather than closed. When I brought the wife to the bus I was impressed, as the roads were in very good shape. She said her walk from the bus to her office left a lot to be desired, but I am sure by tonight all will be well.

I have a little shoveling to get done yet but other then that, the storm is in my rear-view mirror. They are however talking about one more system that will be moving through on Tuesday evening into Wednesday. It sounds currently like south of the jungle will see another 8". They aren't sure of the exact track yet so we may or may not get in on some of that also.

There was talk last night on the news about the concern of fish in many of the lakes and whether this last dumping will put the oxygen levels at dangerous low levels. It goes without saying between people and wildlife everything has had enough of this winter.

Wishing you all a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12243 on: Apr 16, 2018, 05:24 PM »
The trip and surgery went great today. Not trusting the road conditions we left home way early. We got there about an hour early. They had put off closing a bridge causing a detour that would have caused a lot of extra traffic on a stretch of our route. The hospital is a fairly large place but has a small hospital feel. We were out of there way sooner than we thought we would be as there were no problems getting the gall bladder out.

Her only pain right now is from the doctor moving things around too get at the gallbladder. I am waiting to see how she feels tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the well wishes. I had forgotten that the doctor says a prayer when he sees his patients prior to doing surgery. Out standing surgeon with a first class group working with him.

The snosleete on the drive way is really heavy. I think I am going to let Mother Nature to take care of it this week end. Hopefully the guessers are right about the warm up this week and in to the weekend

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12244 on: Apr 16, 2018, 05:46 PM »
DFF, I'm with you on the never ending winter, The way its going, might not be able to plant anything in the garden until well after Mothers day.

Definitely a late spring by farmer's standards. My brothers usually have a couple hundred acres plowed by now. The earliest I ever turned dirt when I was still on the farm was March 18th but that was about 10 years ago. Typically the last week of March or the first week in April is dry enough to start on some of the well drained gravel fields but not this year! TT, glad the Mrs' surgery went well. Hope she has a speedy recovery. Have a good night gentlemen
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12245 on: Apr 17, 2018, 01:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  34* and lighter winds this am, high of 42 today with some rain expected.

Tom...great news on your wife on her surgery, fantastic!    :clap: :thumbsup:

Early start again this morning, but will catch up to you all  this afternoon....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12246 on: Apr 17, 2018, 03:31 AM »
thanks Eddie, just what I need ... cup of coffee while I have this ice pack on my wrist
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12247 on: Apr 17, 2018, 04:45 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, Bud! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

27 heading to a sunny 40 later today. The new snow pack took a good hit yesterday as the sun really did a good job melting. A few more days of that and things will look better.

TT glad to hear the surgery went well, as did the trip :thumbsup:

Not a lot going on here today. Tonight I am taking a defensive driving class for anyone over 55. It will be the first of two 4 hour sessions being offered at a local school. They say it is very boring, but I will get to shave some off the insurance on the old Buick. I hope they teach the PIT maneuver ;)2

Best wishes to all no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Above all else stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12248 on: Apr 17, 2018, 05:06 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Bud, ER's,
                            It's 33* here on my hill, the ice that we have has soften making walking easier.
                            Bud......What did you do to your wrist ??? I hope it gets better. :flex:
                            Eddie........You guys are sure starting early a lot, How come you guys have to lose sleep so as not to bother state workers. I think something
                   is amiss here. Remember when Howard Stern was going to run for governor and wanted all road construction done at night so as not to have to close
                   lanes during the day? ??? :cookoo:
                            Marv........I'm glad you made it through the storm, wow, 19" that's a storm, i hope your arthritis is in tact after all the clean up. :flex:
                            Tom.........I'm glad to hear that the wife's surgery went well and I wish for her speedy recovery. :thumbsup:
                            Steve.......I'm not sure of what kind of hardwood is in the house but you could not stain it at all, everyon  e like the natural look. ;D
                            I'm headed to the VA for my therapy session we'll see if anything changes in my exercises. :woot:
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out doing.
                            I see Marv posted while I was typing, Good morning sir. I took a defensive driving course at AAA and found it interesting and I got
                  a reduction in my insurance for taking it. :flex:

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12249 on: Apr 17, 2018, 06:25 AM »
Morning all,

TT.....great news on the surgery  :clap: hope MrsTT is feeling less discomfort today  ;)

IW....hope today's therapy goes well  :)

Eddie....the early outs are always nice  ;D   but the early ups in the morning get tough making evenings pretty short  :(

WS.....did an online version of the defensive driving course, save around $100 a year on insurance  :)  boring doesn't begin to describe it  :wacko:  glad the sun is shining on you  ;D

IFF.....hope the wrist is doing better after icing it  :pinch:

MrC.....yep outdoor boiler  :thumbsup:

The winds finally died down, now it's snowing  :%$#!:  Going to be a VERY late start on spring yard work this year  :cookoo:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12250 on: Apr 17, 2018, 06:41 AM »
jeff, can u say carpel tunnel ?, both hands.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12251 on: Apr 17, 2018, 06:57 AM »
34 with a some snow flakes. We never really got any of the wind that those around us got.

TT, glad all went well.

WW, my nephew is getting his lawn equipment ready this week. Has a ton of calls about yard clean-ups after all the wind this winter.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12252 on: Apr 17, 2018, 07:30 AM »
Light snow coming down this morning. The NOOA radar from Grand Rapids is down until Friday for up grades that have been needed for a long time as it has been going down quite often. We are on the fringe of the radar from Traverse City so it does not show what is coming  down here. I am so glad that we got the break in the weather yesterday.

An one line friend's daughter finished 72nd out of 13,000 women in the Boston Marathon. Her dad was the building trades teacher that my former stepson had in High School. When I told him the connection he came right back wanting to know how Josh was doing as he said he was the best student he ever had.

The wife is doing great this morning One of the pains she had from her bad gall bladder seems to be gone. She has listened to me and is keeping a little Norco on board so that has helped. She now has to watch what she eats for fat content added to her gastric diet. When I went  to the store I bought her a small bag of low fat baked potato chips. That brought a smile to her face.

The wife figured out on Facebook that a guy that has showed interest in the Explorer is nothing but a scammer from Texas that used to live in Michigan. What a sick world this has as become.

Taking a defensive driving course would sure be boring to me as I have drove defensively all of my life. I could probably teach the teacher a few things.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12253 on: Apr 17, 2018, 07:45 AM »
Good morning everyone, windy with cloudy sky temperature in lower forties. We had some periods of heavy rain fall yesterday saw on news there was flooding in different sections of NYC.
IFF you may want to limit the number of exercises in your workout that strengthen muscles in hands and forearms as they might be aggravating your Carpel Tunnel.
Tom Turkey good to read you had a safe trip and surgery went well all the best with your wife's recovery and adjusting to new diet.
Whopper Stopper may warmer temperature stick around your area to melt all that snow will be a while before you can mow your lawn with all the moisture that ground will contain from melt water. May the driving course instructor make the class a pleasant experience.
Ice Wanderer I tried telling my sister just have floor covered with a few coats of polyurethane after sanding so natural wood color shows no need for any staining. May you have a good therapy session.
Eddie any word on when you will switch to outside work.
Wallyworld is your boiler used for heating the house or just your hot water supply.
Hunts2long the March snow storms took a toll on trees your nephew will be busy for some time removing downed branches.

Good morning Mr. Turkey glad to hear your wife is doing well with her post surgery recovery. I'm surprised she is at home already  guess they do not keep folks at hospital for post surgery observation like in years past.

Stay safe and have a good Tuesday everyone.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12254 on: Apr 17, 2018, 01:48 PM »
thanks steve, yes i thought the same thing about exercises, and discontined all but the bike ride, to let everything get back to normal.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12255 on: Apr 18, 2018, 03:25 AM »

Good Morning Bud, ER's,
                          It's 29* and cloudy here on my hill, the weather cat is out on the prowl. ::)
                          Bud........I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand a year and a half ago. I think once you get the symptoms it just get worst., it comes
                 from excessive use. :o
                          Steve......I hope you and your sister can agree on what to do on the floor. :whistle:
                          Wally.......I still have about a foot of snow in my yard, I have a lot of trees between me and my neighbors that block the sun, so it;s a slow
                 melt here. :whistle:
                         H2L..........My son MW is chomping at the bit to get out and start spring clean up but the ground is too wet to start in most places, I think it's
                going to be a late start this year. ::)
                         Marv.........How was the defensive driving course last night? ???
                         Eddie........Do you have a normal start today?
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or at what ever!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12256 on: Apr 18, 2018, 05:21 AM »
Good Morning IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

The thaw is about to begin :clap: The landscape is going to look different with 60 degrees by the weekend. Actually all next week is guessed to be in the 50's and 60's, guess we will see.

Last nights defensive driving class actually went fairly fast. The guy teaching it was a retired cop in his 70's that had a good sense of humor. Lots of clips, movies and common sense suggestions. I don't think I learned anything new, but I certainly learned to look at things differently. My next class is Thursday night and then my time is served. One funny thing, on one of the breaks I was talking to the instructor and when I told him I cut trees he said he has two pines he needs cut. I am going to go look at them today.

Hope everyone has a good Hump Day, (OS you have to wait until tomorrow) and as always, stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12257 on: Apr 18, 2018, 07:16 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....we heat the house with the boiler  ;)    the only time we use oil is when we go away for a few days  ;)

IFF....hope the break in exercising helps your hands  :-\

WS.....glad to hear the class wasn't too boring and you were able to pick up some work besides  ;D  a win - win right there   :flex:

IW....the ground is covered with snow here again this morning  :%$#!:  it's been one step forward two back this spring  >:(  how was pt yesterday  ???

Another cold snowy windy day here  ::)   Have some errands to run today and need to get my car issues figured out, so far have changed the valve cover and intake manifold which seems to have stopped the oil leak, now it's the check engine light that shows 7 different codes  :wacko:  oh well just take them one at a time I guess  :-\

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12258 on: Apr 18, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Good day everyone ,overcast sky and still windy we had a brief period of snow last night no accumulation. I have not checked local forecast but think I will see rain or possibly snow some time today.
Ice Wanderer hope yesterday's therapy session has not left you with to much muscle soreness. My sister and I will reach an agreement on the floor. House is sixty years old so there are a few minor issues we do not want to put a lot of money into the house and not get it back at sale time. I just think potential buyers will see floor issue and wonder what other problems the house may have and cost to fix/update. The oil burning furnace must be 15 to 20 years old and built in dish washer needs replacement.
Whopper Stopper glad the instructor made the safe driving course interesting bonus that you may pick up a side job.
Wallyworld thank you for explanation on wood fired boiler. May error codes on check engine scan tool be minor issues otherwise depending on age/miles on vehicle it may be time for a replacement.
Guessing Eddie had another early start to his work day.

Have a good day all ,may everyone find time in near future to get out fishing.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12259 on: Apr 18, 2018, 12:21 PM »
Good morning ....still...had Doc appointment at 4 yesterday, lots of questions for me to answer, then it was cortisone shot in each wrist.  Wrist braces, An updated pneumonia booster shot, and told to let off on any exercise for 2 weeks

just got a request to be my net man Sunday.  So planning on giving it a go, and see what wants to play.

think I feel better already, didn't have the pain last night so got in some good winks.

Good day to all.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12260 on: Apr 18, 2018, 02:01 PM »

Good afternoon ER's,
                                Bud........Did the Dr. also give you a Novocaine shot along with the cortisone shot. but cortisone on it's own will relieve pain as it's an
                       anti-inflammatory which will relieve pain until it wears off. I wish you the best with this, I know it's painful and inconvenient.

IW   

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12261 on: Apr 18, 2018, 02:29 PM »
         I wish you the best with this, I know it's painful and inconvenient.

IW

X2

Get better Bud!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12262 on: Apr 18, 2018, 06:09 PM »

I wish you the best with this, I know it's painful and inconvenient.

IW

X3  MAY THE INJECTIONS HELP YOU IFF/BUD . Life is difficult when your hands are in pain.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12263 on: Apr 18, 2018, 06:25 PM »
Good Evening everyone, Iff I hope your wrist feels better soon. Tom Turkey glad the surgery went well with your wife. Looks like it's going to be strange weather tomorrow.  Not sure if it's going to snow or rain. I hope everyone had a good day and everyone has a good night.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12264 on: Apr 19, 2018, 01:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 34* this am, 1-2" of snow expected this morning before turning to rain, high of 37 today.

Bud...sorry to read about your wrist problems, hope the cortisone shots relieved some of that pain....ouch!
  Steve...yes, an early start again yesterday, today as well. Best of luck with the house!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope all went well with your therapy yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad the defensive driving course went well, seems like the tree jobs will find you!!   :thumbsup:

Well today will be the last section of terrazzo getting hammered out for the season!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Starting Monday, we'll be back outside and continuing on where we left off with sidewalk's and marble work.
  Extended forecast showing better temps for next week, so maybe we'll see some type of Spring weather yet before summer arrives...crossing fingers anyway!   Cawfee's on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12265 on: Apr 19, 2018, 05:01 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

26 heading to a mostly sunny 50 :clap: The 7 day looks like more of the same, even a few 60's on the way.

Eddie Congratulations  with finishing up the terrazzo, I bet your body is as excited as you are :thumbsup:

WW what did to figure out with you car ??? Hope nothing major.

mr.clean hope you and your sister can come up with a good plan for the floor. You are getting close, Good Luck :thumbsup:

Yesterday I took care of the two pine trees for the class instructor. It wasn't a big job but it certainly worked out well.

I received my first official "to do list" yesterday ??? Most of the things I can handle, however a couple things will take some doing. I know one thing, I won't have to worry about the old wood boat for awhile. I am looking forward to getting a start.

Hope you all have an excellent Thursday :thumbsup: As always, Stay Safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12266 on: Apr 19, 2018, 05:08 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 32* and partly cloudy here on my hill, I think we're going to get rain here. I see clear sky in the east at this time, my cat is out! :woot:
                            Eddie I hope the weather warms up for you guys to be outside working. ::)
                            Marv.........Like Eddie said work has a way of finding you, good job. :flex:
                            Another session today with the therapist, no change yet with my condition.  :blink: It's still early yet! ::) Yesterday I had my pre op physical
                 with the Glens Falls VA doc, he was quite pleased with my blood sugar reading on my meter, my average was 106. :thumbsup:
                            I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or fishing where weather permits!
                            I see Marv posted while I was typing, Good Morning MARV
                 IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12267 on: Apr 19, 2018, 07:04 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....sure hope the shots/braces help your hands  ;)  I think Sunday's plan sounds like some great therapy  :thumbsup:

Eddie....hopefully the weather stays spring like once you move outside  ;)2 

IW....congrats on the great meter readings  :clap:  hope therapy goes well today  :)

MrC.....seems a natural poly finish on floors would be a good idea, a bright warm welcome to prospective buyers  ;)2  not ready to start with car payments yet unless ABSOLUTELY no other choice  :nono:

WS......glad the job was an easy one yesterday, no "cherry cola" reward  ??? :roflmao:  good luck staying caught up on the honey do list  :woot:

IF45.....hope you're holding on ok, any updates on surgery  ???

Still tinkering on the car, with just over 99,000 miles on the odometer things are slowly wearing out  :(   new plugs & wires on the agenda first & we'll see if anything changes from there  :-\  oh yeah and it's snowing again  :%$#!:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12268 on: Apr 19, 2018, 07:21 AM »
Looks like a sunny day ahead. 32* this morning. I have not heard what the high is going to be guessed at. We had a sun for a little while yesterday so the ice and sleety snow on the drive is starting to melt, finally.

I see that there is a huge back up on the one xway that we had to take Monday to get to the wife's surgery due to a crash. I guess we were lucky one Monday. Hopefully my son got through there before it happened as he takes that road to work.

IW Good going on your blood sugar average. My morning blood sugars are higher than that but my A1C, which is a 3 month average, comes out only a little high so my doctor is happy especially with all I went through with my diabetes.

Eddie I hope your transition to working out side goes better than all of the scheduled road work around here. One major bridge redo in GR got postponed for a couple of weeks until this Friday due to the weather. They shut down a bridge across the x-way west of town a few weeks ago. They have not been able to work on it for quite a while due to the ice and snow on it. Typical of the DOT they get the cart before the horse. The detours to get around it from north bound to go west on the road are not even marked.

WS Don't forget that I warned you about that HUNNY DO LIST!!! It will be never ending. ;D

WW They build a vehicle that has an engine that will go way over 200,000 miles. Then they put so much extra electronics on it that only lasts 100,00 miles. Sadly most of the extra electronics are not needed. I cut the power door locks off my van at 150,000 miles as they were running down the battery over night. Luckily I have key locks on all of the dors so I can get in them.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12269 on: Apr 19, 2018, 08:49 AM »
Good Morning ER's  39* this morning should reach the mid 60's will send some Marv's way, as the wiinds are still wanting to pass threw here.

Got sent home early last night.  Didn't hurt my feelings at all.  Was pretty slow they even sent a couple from hunting as well.

Wonder how Dom is doing, at the green houses, must be craming for the Mothers day sale ??

We all know how Eddie likes to work outside, more spring fashions on display,  :whistle: ;D

Still a chance of some late frost, hope it doesn't get the cherry blossoms that I see starting to form.

hope everyones day goes well, take care.

Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.