Author Topic: Crawling Valley Res Saturday Jan.  (Read 1467 times)

Offline imgonnamissher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Crawling Valley Res Saturday Jan.
« on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:19 AM »
I'm thinking of heading to Crawling Valley Res Saturday morning, It will be first Ice this season.
 Can anyone tell me how to get to the west side of the res? What roads to take and where can you access the res from? I've only been there once and entered from the camp ground. Any info would help. Once I get access, finding a spot would be easy enough. :tipup: :icefish:
When Hell Freezes over........I'll Ice Fish there too!    <><   <*}}}><     <><   <>< <><

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Crawling Valley Res Saturday Jan.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:22 AM »
Instead of turning right at the CV sign turn left.   Most of the oil roads will lead through eid towards the lake.

You can also go all the way to the Hutterite colony and just before take a right that will lead you to the very end of the lake as well as a trail that runs along it.

I always just go to the boat launch and fish the islands just to the north and on the east side.

SHOTGUN

Offline imgonnamissher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:34 PM »
Thanks Shotgun,

I also checked google map and together with your instructions, I think I can figure it out. I'll give it a try in the morning.   One of the guys at work was mentioning a west side access to the lake, but he didn't have enough time to give me directions. :tipup: :icefish:
When Hell Freezes over........I'll Ice Fish there too!    <><   <*}}}><     <><   <>< <><

Offline imgonnamissher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2013, 10:54 PM »
Had a pretty good day at CVR in spite of some Vehicle Computer problems :%$#!: Almost made legal limit but was shy by 3 centimeters, so back he went. Caught another one (smaller), lost one at the hole, and missed hooking 3 others. Seen plenty on the Fish TV, but they didn't seem to be interested. Here is the 24 incher. :tipup: :icefish:

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2013, 10:27 AM »
NICE

Did you see any perch on your TV?

Offline Pike Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2013, 01:37 PM »
What were you using for bait?

Offline imgonnamissher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2013, 02:59 PM »
Didn't see any perch, but the hummingbird kept on indicating that there were smaller fish around 6" mark. I was fishing at 12' depth. I was using smelt with a treble going straight through the gut so when it's attached to the leader, it appears to be swimming level. :tipup: :icefish:

Offline fishystang

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2013, 04:12 PM »
went out for a late night burbot hunt last night got 2 just off the bay where the supply water comes in. got a few pike out of the same holes last week.
ice was 16" with alot of snow, truck shure didnt like it, wheel sensors froze turning my dash into a christmas tree.

as far as access goes does anyone know what the "road" leading to the old pump house at the far north end is like in the winter?

Offline turtle38

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2013, 04:58 PM »
It was good last year. lead right to the water haven't been this year though.

Offline coolhandluke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • all position crack filler
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:44 PM »
North access was easy. Granted me n turttle never drove on. We did manage to catch a few nice burbs up there. 
Mom always  said, go out side.. I guess it stuck..

Offline fishystang

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2013, 01:03 AM »
cool, thanks guys, had a few good days in the summer up there but figured the road would be drifted over in the winter. not gona try to drive on up there, the bays seem to produce well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.