Author Topic: Box butte  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Copenhagen Joe

• IceShanty Rookie
Box butte
« on: Jan 27, 2019, 07:25 PM »
Fishing was really slow and the east end of the lake it open. Hunters point still has about 8-10 inches of ice. The trail that leads down to lake at hunters point is filled with ice and water so plan to haul your gear down there. Caught one nice blue gill
“There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing” dad

Offline gkfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Box butte
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2019, 07:31 AM »
I was out there on the 25th with my uncle and we caught over 30 blue gill, crappie, and even a few perch, couldn't seem to get our lines down fast enough. All decent size. The only issue was the wind but what's new?

Offline Cold_Toes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:05 PM »
Wondering if anyone has been out lately.  How's the ice?  Is the water level coming up any?  Thank you!! Tight lines!   :tipup:

Offline funtwohunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:46 PM »
I was up there a week ago Saturday before the cold hit and there was still good ice 8" or so on west end. Caught several fish. East 1/3 was open but there were a couple guys still fishing fairly close to the open water. Fast forward to yesterday, the open water is froze up again because there was people out where the open water was. And there is close to a 12" towards west 1/2. Should be good for a few weeks looking at the weather for next couple weeks. funtwohunt

Offline eepks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:52 PM »
Was there on Saturday. Ice at hunters was 10 in. Have to park further up than the beach.

Offline Cold_Toes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2019, 01:48 PM »
Thank you for the update.  Hope to get out there once this winter yet.   :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.