The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Did ya hear about the state record perch?  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Gamedog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get Whiskey Drunk!!
Did ya hear about the state record perch?
« on: Feb 16, 2007, 04:59 PM »
 :whistle:

Offline Rio252

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Did ya hear about the state record perch?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2007, 05:16 PM »
I saw that article also, I cant wait to get my name in the books for a state record smallmouth ;D. I believe 2007 will be the year...so you heard it here first ;)
NCarcr8

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2007, 10:05 AM »
Rio,

I'll be right there with ya for Mackinaw!  I'm fishin' Flathead 'til I can no longer hold a rod!!!

Biggest Laker FWP has seined in Flathead was 70Lbs!

Good Fishing  :tipup:

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2007, 10:29 AM »
wow that perch is a monster

heres the picture from the paper

The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline IceFishingWithaGaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2007, 05:50 AM »
What an idiot for eating the fish.
Why wait to spring time to fish when u have perfectly good ice to fish on.

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2007, 05:32 PM »
He doesn't look hungry.....but he does look like he eats perch.
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2007, 05:49 AM »
Seriously what was going through this guys mind he had to know this could of been a state record noone can be that dumb could they. Adam

Offline littlenorth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2007, 05:42 PM »
What the heck are you guys go going about a perch for!!!! Here in Maine we thru them to the sea gulls and eagles, junc fish. When I was stationed in Great Falls we never caught yellow perch, did not know they were even there. You have some of the best fishing in the states, please dont tell me you have gone to the yellow perch!!!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2007, 05:55 PM »
perch are really good eating next time try taking one home and fileting it you will be surprised. Adam

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2007, 06:09 PM »
What the heck are you guys go going about a perch for!!!! Here in Maine we thru them to the sea gulls and eagles, junc fish. When I was stationed in Great Falls we never caught yellow perch, did not know they were even there. You have some of the best fishing in the states, please dont tell me you have gone to the yellow perch!!!

if you like walleyes, youll like perch
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline fish4ever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2007, 02:55 PM »

That is the beauty of living here in Montana, whether one likes to catch perch, rainbows, eastern brook, kokanee, walleye, northern pike, whitefish, ling, bass, sauger, drum, catfish, and any others I may be forgetting about, there is something for everyone  :clap: Perch are highly sought after as much as walleye :bow: Every body of water around where I live in Great falls has perch and some dandy ones too!!! :thumbsup: Holter Lake, Canyon Ferry, Lake Frances, Tiber Lake, Sun River, Missouri River all have perch in them. These perch are even more sought out than some of the big rainbow trout we have here ;)2. I have seen people drag sleds across Holter Lake in search of some of those fat good eating perch. You won't find any wasted perch laying on the ice around here they all get fried up in someone's pan ;D

fish4ever

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2007, 03:19 PM »

I'm right with ya man.  Perch are either bait or...bait, I don't eat smelt, herring, minnows or perch.  They are all bait.  I tolerate them because Pike eat them and I like Pike!

Good Fishing :tipup:

Offline SJohn01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2007, 11:14 AM »
wwwwaaahhooooooo

I vote this for the most informative post of the day
Remember me?

Smarter than your average Krim

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2007, 12:39 PM »
 I'm from Wisconsin an Perch rank with Walleye for eating and are easier to catch in numbers, they also fight well in deeper water and are a lot of fun to catch on UL or Micro gear. I personally don't see the big deal about pullin Pike and Muskies up on tip ups, around here Pike are a nuissance fish, they eat out all the other kinds of fish and take over the lake, they have bad regs on them around my part of WI. I do occasionally put out a tip up out but I rig it up so I can catch perch too or bass or walleye or a big crappie, but normally it's to eliminate a Pike that's swimmin around tryin to eat the fish I'm after. I also will rig up rod with the same set up so you can actually fight the fish and have fun.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.