The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Three forks ponds  (Read 1027 times)

Offline trout hounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If it swims ive caught it
Three forks ponds
« on: Dec 14, 2019, 11:11 PM »
Anybody hit them yet or checked them
if it bites I chase it

Offline sunnyslope

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Three forks ponds
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2019, 09:49 AM »
I got out on them yesterday.  I was just in town visiting relatives and the ice fishing community came through again. We were driving by and some folks were out there and loaned me there spud bar to make a hole for nephew to fish in and welcomed us!!  3-5” is what it looked like where we were and thin on the side

Offline trout hounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If it swims ive caught it
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2019, 05:45 PM »
I got out on them yesterday.  I was just in town visiting relatives and the ice fishing community came through again. We were driving by and some folks were out there and loaned me there spud bar to make a hole for nephew to fish in and welcomed us!!  3-5” is what it looked like where we were and thin on the side
which pond
if it bites I chase it

Offline sunnyslope

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2024, 09:16 AM »
I am making this trip again next week.  Just talking the ponds next to the golf course.  I’m taking small nephews out. Any advice would be great. 

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2024, 12:29 PM »
I am making this trip again next week.  Just talking the ponds next to the golf course.  I’m taking small nephews out. Any advice would be great.

I haven't been over there, but should be plenty of ice at this point. I'm sure you are aware, but lots of small fish and shouldn't be any problem catching them - small jigs with spikes or piece of worm should do it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.