Author Topic: aqa vw  (Read 4507 times)

peple of the perch

aqa vw
« on: Feb 07, 2004, 07:12 PM »
should i use the aqua view or will it scare the perch?

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: aqa vw
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2004, 07:56 AM »
Well not that i know about the aqua vu but i have a friend that scuba dives in the winter under the ice...He tells me that if he sits there for 15 mins perch will come up to him and pick stuff off him. He has also said if he had food he could hand feed them...He says that they are really inquisitive fish more so then the pike or any other fish...Anyhow i hope this helps.
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2004, 07:04 PM »
I had the privilage of borrowing my oldest boys Aqua-Vu all day yesterday and that camera was visited by bluegills, crappies, perch, bass, and pike. All in the same hole. I'd say if anything, as Germ say's these fish are as curious as it gets. They all came right up to the camera to check it out. Also, you do get to witness countless bites on your line that otherwise go undetected! My wife was with me and I convinced her that I need one of these things! You only need the low end versions of these too, his worked very well at dusk in 25' of water with the eleven lights that his had. I really don't know why you need to know depth, and temperature, when you can see your bait, the fish and how they react to it.

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2004, 04:55 PM »
Portability!
Use that Aqua-Vu to tell you if the fish are there first. If they're there and you can't make them bite on a half dozen pattern combinations then move to another lake. I wouldn't spend more than two hours on one lake without results. THe only exception to that rule is if the group of people on the lake with you are there to do some minor partying. In that case you do what you can to keep the people at Budweiser secure with their jobs. I know that at times I have single-handedly given them a LOT of job security!
 (In moderation of course!)    ::)

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2004, 07:33 AM »
YOu and trapperdirk must have been seperated at birth..LOl cause i know he keeps the LAbbatts afloat with his daily contributions...SO you think a Aqua-vu would be better then a fish finder? The lights on the aqua vu are they small lights that are on the camera part? in the water i mean?
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline waterwolfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • whoolNutBalls
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2004, 02:07 PM »
yes they are small lights that may 0r may not be used. (some have different settings) i've noticed fish tend to come in and check out the light

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2004, 03:08 PM »
Does anything really scare yellow perch? I've had them come back time and time and time and time again. I swear I've caught the same one twice! Just this winter I caught one so small I can't beleive it was able to swallow my shiner. I actually threw this tiny little guy back since he amused me and he hit again!

grumpymoe

« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2004, 04:28 PM »
i've watched large northerns cruise in and scatter large schools of fish, but they amazingly return quickly. as they are a schooling fish, this is part of their survival pattern. the aquaview will certainly help watch fish, but when it comes to perch, if you're not on your game, you're going to go home with little or nothing.. i strongly believe that if you can successfully catch on to the perch bite, you can become successful with any other species of fish.. grumpymoe    p.s. i dont and wont use a camera. just my thing.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2004, 05:20 PM »
There is a distinct disadvantage with useing the Aqua-Vu in that when you do get a fish on the camera and the cable are begging the fish to wrap around them. I really prefer to use the Vexilar for fishing. If I ever buy a camera of my own, it would be used to see what's down there and look for fish's reaction to baits if they're not biting. That is the method used by people that I know. Like anything else you need to try things, measure your results and adjust as necessary. No one method works in all cases.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2004, 06:16 PM »
The only sure fire method of bringing home fish is hitting your local grocery store. OTher then that like has been said it's skill and prefernce on what to do and what to use. Myself im going to pick up a Fishfinder only because im going to scout lakes in hunstville that i dont know as well. Depth and structure and all that. WIll give me a better idea..WOnt improve my fishing any ..if anything might slow it down as ill be trying to figure out what all the bleeps and blips are that sort of thing and ill miss hits on the rod..Oh well live and learn!

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2004, 05:01 PM »
Not sure what you're looking at for a fish finder Germ, but the Vexilar is pretty much the standard of comparison out there. It is VERY SIMPLE to operate & learn (the qualities I required) last a long time and are very reliable and other fish locators nearby where you're fishing don't affect their operation. I have seen many people turn off their locators when the Vexilars are turned on because of their high power.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2004, 05:30 PM »
Hmm good to know i wa at wal-mart today and i almost bought one but wasnt sure...was a cuda..no Vexilar there. I think i might hit LaBarons to see what they have or at least browse and get a better idea..I find those guys there are well informed for the most part and don't just sit and shrug their shoulders and say i dont know. ROFL anyhow Ill take a view at those vexilars as long as it doesnt cost me like 400 bucks...Or else im sleeping with the dog that nite....Tight lines and thanks.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2004, 08:23 AM »
Ya but did you land any? I mean you saw them but did it help your fishing at all or did you just get more Mixed up becasue you were to busy watching the monitor and not enough time setting the hook?

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2004, 11:14 PM »
oK BACK TO my question does it help you catch fish you generaly wouldnt catch?

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #14 on: Feb 16, 2004, 04:50 PM »
The Vexilars will help you hook up more fish because you won't stay if you are not marking fish. You will know whether you need to stay or move to a different area of the lake or to a different lake. The cameras will let you see what kind of fish are there, how big they are and how they react to your bait. The Vexilars are the most useful since they do not drop a line all the way to the fish (that you can get a fish wrapped around) and you can see your bait go to the exact depth of the fish. Most other locators don't let you see that. What you will do with it is -
1) Locate the fish.
2) Watch the Vexilar as your bait gets to the depth of the fish (each time you lower your bait).
3) Watch your rod / line as usual for bites.
4) When you see the fish have left your area and don't return for a while you move to another spot.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.