Author Topic: Deadstick  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Deadstick
« on: Feb 06, 2005, 11:04 AM »
I found yesterday up at Lake George that the only way I could get the perch to bite was to cradle my rod in my hands so it wouldn't move at all. I had a Hali tipped with spikes, right above the weedbed. Is this common, or was this just what they wanted today?

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Deadstick
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2005, 11:59 AM »
When I'm perch fishing I generally have a deadstick going as I jig. If nothing else, the perch I may miss will usually hit the deadstick after I pull up the ones I catch.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:00 PM »
Total apposite yesterday. They were hitting like crazy on the jigging motion. I howver have had days where deadsticking out produced jigging. I love both those type of situations. 8) 8)
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2005, 09:43 PM »
 Yesterday i had one set with a minnow and i was jigging with another, needed to keep it moving to even get them to look at it and then when they were near it i would stop and they would hammer it, say many times on the aqua vu where they were this finicky about it.
Jason

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2005, 10:35 PM »
before i had my fish finder, i found the best way to fish perch was a jiggle or two, and then dead stick it - now that i have the fishfinder, i let the fish's reaction dictate my jigging motions.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2005, 01:26 PM »
before i had my fish finder, i found the best way to fish perch was a jiggle or two, and then dead stick it - now that i have the fishfinder, i let the fish's reaction dictate my jigging motions.
I think I'm getting a vex soon.... ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.