Author Topic: ATTEMPTING THE UNEXPLORED  (Read 1809 times)

Offline fishstix

• IceShanty Rookie
  • carp fishermen unite!!!
ATTEMPTING THE UNEXPLORED
« on: Nov 01, 2005, 10:07 PM »
ive got this honey hole by my house that houses alot of big gills and nice crappie..[nothing like ricos hole :P] but its full of monster carp ive already taken my ice pole out and caught one soft water 2lb test line now i want to do it thru an 8in hole! i seen a catfish come thru the ice last year now i want to see how hard this will be. anyone ever do this ...15lbs or bigger??
here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
Re: ATTEMPTING THE UNEXPLORED
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2005, 07:10 AM »
Yes I have. Forget the 2 lb line though. We just use a size 8 or 10 jig (light color)with a couple waxies and hold on. If you have a buddy with you have him ready with the auger to drill a connecting hole. Sometimes they just don't fit thru the first one.
      Jim

Offline fishstix

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2005, 09:38 AM »
love the screen name jim do i know you? or maby do you belong to a certin carp club i share? ....aka bottomfeeder....and thanks for the advice on the second hole to.
here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Well being the adventurer that I am Fishstix last ice season during late ice I ventured with a good friend out to a local paylake (to remain anonymaous) and cut holes in one af the lakes in search of the whiskered ones. we hooked 7 fish that evening and talk about fun. none of the fish ever made it up on top of the ice for we just wanted to have some good rod pulling fun, Drags were smoking and lines were on fire when we hooked into them buggers. We just used size 8 jigs tipped with half a bass minnow.

But if you want me to come down there and give you a hand you gotta let me know there Fishstix.

Hehe  Kev.

:D :D ;)

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2005, 02:16 PM »
Oh yeah the trophy is mine....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOOOLOL LLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :whistle:
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Offline fishstix

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2005, 10:47 AM »
kid you know your invited anytime on my side of the world there is plenty of big gills to be had here along with some crappie and small bass with giant carp and cats too...come on ice!!!!!!! ;D

here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2005, 01:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you don't know me. I'm in Pa. and since this topic is on the Indiana board I'm guessing that's where your from.
      Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.