Author Topic: Aqua Vu 2  (Read 2502 times)

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spam America's New fad diet
Aqua Vu 2
« on: Oct 21, 2005, 09:38 PM »
I wanted to know a little bit more about what you guy's think.....I have a fish finder that is rigged for the ice and I can find fish...a little slow, nowhere near as fast as a vex, but it works...It's a cost thing for me 380 for a vex and 380 for a decent aqua vu...800 total. I have no clue how to use a flasher...how hard is it to learn how. I now that with my fish finder I can graph some fish pretty easy...I thought the combination of a fish finder and an aqua vu would be great... I am just intimidated by the vex because I have no clue how to use it. I could use some more help on this and more opinions...thanks jlc
I use the 80/20 rule you need 80% of the tackle to catch 20% of the fish

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Aqua Vu 2
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2005, 09:46 PM »
Hunter, I had no idea how to use mine either but in one season I had her dialed in.Are
you looking at Fl-18's? Just wandered cause you mentioned $380 for a Vex. I would start off with an fl8. Cheaper and also very effective.Vexilar, the #1 item for ice fishing right after ice.
Later Greg
Fish on!

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2005, 10:15 PM »
Thanks I was looking at the fl-18 what do most of the guys use?

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2005, 11:44 PM »
I would say the fl8. It has been out longer then the 18. Marcum also has a couple of units out now that are really nice. I think bobberstop bought one last year. But for the money you can't go wrong with an fl8. Super easy to use!
Later Greg
Fish on!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2005, 12:30 AM »
hey jlc are you blind?  come on now...you have heard what everybody says...how often do you get on the ice or are you jerking our chains?

enough said...if you buy a new vexilar it will come with an instructional video...it aint that hard to learn...if you buy a used one get a hold of me or the kid or jigginstick or the swedish pimple or fire 831 or crappie 66....the list goes on and on...somebody will walk you through it....always willing to help a rookie out!!!!!

Offline fire831

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Rico what are you doing up at 12:30 A.M. oh I guess it is Friday night. ;D ;D JLC, if I can use a vex, anybody can. I'm still learning, but I don't know how I did it without it.

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2005, 04:41 PM »
hey jlc are you blind?  come on now...you have heard what everybody says...how often do you get on the ice or are you jerking our chains?

enough said...if you buy a new vexilar it will come with an instructional video...it aint that hard to learn...if you buy a used one get a hold of me or the kid or jigginstick or the swedish pimple or fire 831 or crappie 66....the list goes on and on...somebody will walk you through it....always willing to help a rookie out!!!!!

I am on the ice as much as I can...just intimidated by the vex because I have no clue how to use one AT ALL glad to hear that it comes with an instructional video that helps me out a lot...No jerking chains here...just want to make sure that I make the best of my time on the ice this year...Thanks for all of your help..Last year I spent most of my time looking for fish so when you have limited time to go my game is about locating fish as fast as I can and being prepared...I know you can relate...I was on summit a few times last year..big lake and I had no idea how to find the fish for driving an hour or so to get there I don't like to guess a whole lot...Look forward to seeing you all on the ice this year
JLC

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2005, 07:36 PM »
hey jlc i will tell you what i will do...first you go get you a vexilar...second you drive north up i-69...i will take you to this spot that i know fish are in abundance and you can play around with your new toy :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.